Greatest cancelled fights of all time in each weight division

HW
I know it wasnt even booked...but if Rutten wouldnt have retired after the Randleman fight...he would have faced Randy next...

So it was cancelled before even booked...

HW: Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnnet, but HMC vs Brock Lensar would have been insane.
LHW: Jon Jones vs Rumble, but personally Mousasi vs Gus
MW: I thought of one, but I forgot and can't remember
WW: Hughes vs Karo Parysian
LW: Khabib vs Fergusson, or Conor vs RDA
FW: Aldo vs Pettis
BW: Benavidez vs Kid Yamamoto

I wanted to see that fight but Karo got injured and Joe Riggs took his place. This was the fight I have always waned to see!

Was Hughes vs Silva canceled, or was that just speculated? If not, Condit vs Lytle at WW.

this is hard though. Hmm

Bas Rutten vs Randy Couture at UFC 24 for the HW belt would have been epic.

Frank Shamrock vs Rickson Gracie in Pride

Fedor vs Overeem in Strikeforce

WW - Gastelum vs Masvidal around the end of 2016 I believe.

HW: Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnnet, but HMC vs Brock Lensar would have been insane.

Middleweight/cstchweight: GSP vs Spider Anderson Silva

HW honorable mention: Ken Shamwow vs Kimbo Slice* Shamrocked was replaced by Seth Peteuzzeli who KOed Kimbo Slice in under a minute.

Did Shamrock blade himself to get out of fighting Kimbo Slice?? It was a very suspicious issue
Was Ken scared of losing name brand value if he was KOed by Kimbo Slice, so he found a way out??

UFC Ultimate Ultimate 1996. . . Tank Abbott vs. Ken Shamrock

Bas Rutten vs Wanderlei Silva (I think??)
i remember Bas talking about a big fight like this that never came to fruition, it was either Wandy or Fedor, can't remember for sure which it was, either one would've been sick though.

whoa, Igor Vovchanchyn was supposed to compete at UFC 11? or are you talking about another Igor. cuz if it was Vovchanchyn he would've beat the fuck out of everyone, and yes, i am a completely biased Vovchanchyn fan boy.
You know who won UFC 11?

Igor lost to Coleman without headbutts, with headbutts he would have a really hard time

Just before she retired, there were some rumors Megumi Fuji's camp was trying to arrange a fight with Mike "Supernova" Matsumoto. That would have been the GOAT straw weight fight, IMO.

Jarl

Weidman vs Rockhold 2?

You know who won UFC 11?

Igor lost to Coleman without headbutts, with headbutts he would have a really hard time

sure, but did you also know that Coleman basically was given the Pride GP final's match because he did a work for Takada? compared to Igor's road to the finals Coleman's was a cakewalk.

in UFC, Coleman's chance to beat him is by cut, if not, he'll gas and get lit up.

Did aldo vs pettis get canceled, or kust not put together. I cant remember.

Also gastellum vs whittaker after TUF for middleweight

Great list, props for Hughes vs Parysian being on there. I think Hendo was scheduled for a rematch with Franklin which I wanted to see (probably an unpopular choice).

Bas Rutten vs Wanderlei Silva (I think??)
I don't think they were ever scheduled to fight but I would've loved to have seen it. I think with healthy knees Bas could've lit up a lot of the dominant strikers of that era.

Rhonda Rousey vs Floyd Mayweather

That'd be great because of the amount of people that would be triggered when she got a hold of him and ripped his arm off in less than 30 seconds.

Back