Greatest cancelled fights of all time in each weight division

sure, but did you also know that Coleman basically was given the Pride GP final's match because he did a work for Takada? compared to Igor's road to the finals Coleman's was a cakewalk.

in UFC, Coleman's chance to beat him is by cut, if not, he'll gas and get lit up.
Given a spot in the final? He had to get through Fujita, that's not given a spot in the final mate.

Not the biggest but Condit Daley was one I was really looking forward to.

Lytle vs Condit. A guy who was never stopped (aside from cuts) against a guy who stopped every fight he’d won except for Ellenberger at the time. Would have been a legendary fight if it happened.

JDS vs Lesnar would have been a beatdown

You're right, forgot that Fujita forfeited on the bum knee....

not to mention Fujita could've declared his injury before the fight and they would have to get an alternate, but Fujita purposely went into the bout knowing he wouldn't be able to continue to give Coleman the bye instead of having to fight an alternate.

i liked a lot of things about Pride but they were also shady as fuck.

not to mention Fujita could've declared his injury before the fight and they would have to get an alternate, but Fujita purposely went into the bout knowing he wouldn't be able to continue to give Coleman the bye instead of having to fight an alternate.

I had Kerr and Coleman mixed up in my head!

Early Pride definitely had some questionable moments to be certain. Things seemed to get more legit in the following years.

I think it had less to do with Pride and more to do with Fujita—I recall there was a technicality loophole where as long as he started the match, he would get paid for that match. Makes huge sense if true.

Pride was going to make...

Wanderlei Silva vs Igor Vovchanvhyn...

Why it didnt happen...i forgot.

It was a rumor for Pride 34 the last show but it fell through because Wanderlei was on medical suspension from the NSAC and wouldn't get cleared after the Hendo KO. In the end Pride 34 was a mediocre event with Fujita/Monson main event.

LHW DC vs Rashad

Was meant to be Cormiers first fight at LHW, he'd just beat Roy Nelson with ease and Rashad was coming off a first round ass whipping of Chael. Would've been a great fight

Never knew this was a fight that was set. Would've been a good one.

If I remember correctly Maia/Palhares almost happend at MW when Maia's opponent pulled out, but there was an issue with Paul's passport.

Back