great counter to Jones eyepokes that fighters aren't using

Sick Burn

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Take the whole 5 minutes to rest. Jones usually has better gas tank. If DC took the whole 5 min in the 3rd, it might of been a game changer.

You're right, and I wonder why that is.

Do eyes not recover? Does blurred vision not clear?

Not really sure. I think the doctor can check you and you can either see or you can't.

How long do u get?

A good ref will give a guy time by taking extra time to put each fighter in a corner, call the doctor in, warn the other fighter etc. but if at the end of all that the fighter still can't see the fight is stopped. Some refs are terrible at handling these things though. Ive seen fights stopped almost immediately.

If u dont get 5 min at least take as long as u can. Stretch it out. Make that dr come in everytime. Theres and extra min or 2 right there.

I would kick him in the balls when he even came close to doing it. Then when the ref came over to talk to me I would ask him to tell Jones to close his fucking hands because he pokes someone in the eye every fight. I would either get a warning or 1 point deduction, but most likely just a warning even if it was really reckless if it's the first time.

If u dont get 5 min at least take as long as u can. Stretch it out. Make that dr come in everytime. Theres and extra min or 2 right there.

I guess as long as you are sure you can get the "how many fingers am i holding up?" question right with your good eye covered up. If you fail the doctor will tell the ref to stop the fight.

That's risky. What if the doctor says you can't continue?

Or you go old school and go an eye for an eye. Poke him right back!

i think if u take longer than 1 or 2 minutes to recover from the eye poke it will end in a NC or DQ

65226d1324410242-rapid-global-climate-shift-its-socio-economic-effects-eye_poke_defense.jpg

I understand that bones's eye pokes have been a consistent problem, but let's be clear the one against cormier was about as innocuous as they come. You could see that it barely even hit the eyelid.

Dc had a good idea..make a fuss about it. Made Herb give Prophet Jones a warning, as a result he had to stop the tactic.

Worked well. Imo walk into a finger early, play it up, ref warns Prophet Jones, no more pokes.

It would be hilarious if someone just tried to kick him in the nuts every time he comes close to it. Even me as a Bones nuthugger would laugh my ass off.

I understand that bones's eye pokes have been a consistent problem, but let's be clear the one against cormier was about as innocuous as they come. You could see that it barely even hit the eyelid.

This right here. Jones does poke people in the eyes no doubt but the one against DC wouldn't have bothered my 4 year old kid. Lost some respect for DC with his comments about that 'poke'.

Back