Grappling Dummies?

i'd be interested to know what people think about "grapple man" from dummiesunlimited.com, where i bought mine from. I really don't think many people know about this dummy from what i hear.

i own one - i use it as follows

20 minute drill where i repeat different moves like armbar, pancake reversals, triangle, etc etc

i hang it up from the ceiling and weight the feet down and do combos - boxing. MT, amd lota of single and double legs.

practice new moves from the class before

remeber this is supplimentary but very benificial, get to class and practice your shit here.

I have the OK blue dummy http://www.trainingdummies.com/delux.shtml i bought the 50 lbs version

i checked that one out prior to buying the one i got. It's appears to be pretty good.

are these dummies (the benefits derived from them) actually worth $500?

I wouldn't buy a grappling dummy unless I only train once a week. Seriously, grappling dummys are good for training by yourself but they're expensive for one thing and when you train 4-5 times a week, you won't need it.

Corey123 said:
I wouldn't buy a grappling dummy unless I only train once a week. Seriously, grappling dummys are good for training by yourself but they're expensive for one thing and when you train 4-5 times a week, you won't need it.

True! If you are training 4-5 times a week then you really do not need one.

Wolverine
///

Wolverine said:
This is suppose to be the most popular grappling dummy out there for BJJ.

http://www.bubbadummy.com/

Hey Spoonman7... do you really think that the grappling dummy helped you in your game?

Wolverine
///
Cool dummy. I will have to buy myself one of these. I no longer have time to make it to my judo dojo.

i have psedo-rolled with a bubba dummy, then i built my own. There is a site that has directions that make a dummy near bubba quality for about 75dollars...

The I&I grappling man dummy is 100% the best one for all grappling, gnp, and stomping and head punts. The other ones are either too small/flimsy or they're not durable. If you go cheap, get the combat sports one for $200.00. Still I&I is the most realistic.

The fighting man dummy, too, is underrated and should be in all gyms....

I've been thinking about getting a bubba to train muscle memory and practice moves I learn in class (only 2xweek)... anyone think it would be a good investment since I only takes classes for around 2-3 hours a week?!

I've been thinking about getting a bubba to train muscle memory and practice moves I learn in class (only 2xweek)... anyone think it would be a good investment since I only takes classes for around 2-3 hours a week?!

For muscle memory it's worth it, also to do some muscle fatigue stuff (holding a choke for an extended period of time).

The one problem I run into with mine (Bubba II) is that you obvsiouly don't get the resistance you'd get from a live partner, so I don't find myself getting much of a benefit, other than muscle memory.

All and all, the grappling dummies are as beneficial to a grappler as a heavy bag is to a boxer... you get to work on your timing and combos, etc..

All and all, the grappling dummies are as beneficial to a grappler as a heavy bag is to a boxer... you get to work on your timing and combos, etc..

good analogy, but damn they are expensive..

I live downtown so there are plenty of bums I can beat up on as Pale1 mentioned, but I dont want to catch any diseases in case one of them tries to bite me or something would have to mess him up and so on

fuck that this is gay, too much technology, just grab a bum on the street and throw him in your basement. When you are done subbing him, then throw his broken shoulder having ass after the 50 consecutive kimuras into an alley somewhere and grab his brother.

L! Good idea... I think I'll get one today... Plus another good thing is that its cheaper!!!! THANX Pale1!!!!

its always nice to see a move and try it on the dummy, instead of trying it out not knowing what ur doing and hurting someone, lol

Back