Grappling Dummies?

Martin Plunkett

Brown Belt
Reaction score
What is the best grappling dummy on the market? Is there anything worth buying out there? I figure it would be good to pick one up to help drill muscle memory when learning.... is this a realistic goal? Help a brother out. Thanks.

Alot of people who get pumped about BJJ think they shoudl get a dummy.. Because they want to be good.

But the reality is, most people who buy them hardly ever use them.
Just save your money and try to make more time getting to class.

Think about how much time it would take for you to save up enough to buy a dummy... If you spent half that trying to find other training partners, or places to train with people... You will over exceeded what your looking for... My guess

zI have a grappling dummy, I use it , I got mine from Golden Tiger martial arts, check out Goldentiger.com

I have a dummy I got from Hayashi UK. Cost me

This is suppose to be the most popular grappling dummy out there for BJJ.

http://www.bubbadummy.com/

Hey Spoonman7... do you really think that the grappling dummy helped you in your game?

Wolverine
///

I'd honestly rather just go to class than get a grappling dummy.

It won't help my throws since it doesn't move or add any resistance.

On the other hand, it could be useful for practicing my suplex, and body to body throws.

It really helps you work your bridge when suplexing. GnP is also good to practice on a dummy,

Wolverine said:
This is suppose to be the most popular grappling dummy out there for BJJ.

http://www.bubbadummy.com/

Hey Spoonman7... do you really think that the grappling dummy helped you in your game?

Wolverine
///
I do for one, it has helped my strength immensly the dummy is 85 pounds, but a dead 85 pounds, and throwing that thing around for any length of time gives me that pure throw someone around type strength. Plus guys at my jujitsu school avoid judo like the plague, mainly becuase they just don't like being thrown, so twice a week I will go out to the garage and throw the dummy around for like 45 minutes or so, and I usually notice the changes in my game relativly quickly.

www.dummiesunlimited.com "grapple man" ,,,,, is the one i got. it's very expensive but the most life like on the market. the joints are moveable but you can't seriously crank on them hard. but it's good for very easy drilling. you can also hang it and use it for very light striking simulation (hanging hook on the back of it's neck). You can put it on a heavy bag stand. you do hear a lot about the bubba dummie, primarily because it's the one that the gracies put their name on. I'm not sure it's the best one, it's just the one that word has spread on because of all the gracies pushing/promoting a product they endorse.

Superbeast said:
It really helps you work your bridge when suplexing. GnP is also good to practice on a dummy,

superbeast were in uk would i be able to buy one of these dummies?

http://www.hayashiuk.com/

Unit 1, Davenport Centre, Renwick Rd, Barking, Essex IG11 0SH
Tel: 020 8517 6878

They don't have them on their website right now. You'll have to send them an email.

Superbeast said:
http://www.hayashiuk.com/

Unit 1, Davenport Centre, Renwick Rd, Barking, Essex IG11 0SH
Tel: 020 8517 6878

They don't have them on their website right now. You'll have to send them an email.

thanx what are the prices like? and do you know any shops that sell them?

fuck that this is gay, too much technology, just grab a bum on the street and throw him in your basement. When you are done subbing him, then throw his broken shoulder having ass after the 50 consecutive kimuras into an alley somewhere and grab his brother.

mmahamzah said:
thanx what are the prices like? and do you know any shops that sell them?
45 for the junior version, 50 for the 4'8" version (this is the one I have).

Hayashi are a retailer in their own right so you will have to buy from them. Besides, there isn't much of a market for grappling dummies to warrant them being stocked in many shops.

well im 6'2 would 4'8 be a little too small for me

Pale1 said:
fuck that this is gay, too much technology, just grab a bum on the street and throw him in your basement. When you are done subbing him, then throw his broken shoulder having ass after the 50 consecutive kimuras into an alley somewhere and grab his brother.

LOL!!!

Wolverine
///

mmahamzah said:
well im 6'2 would 4'8 be a little too small for me

You can still use it for suplexing, throws and GnP. Probably not going to be useful for clinchwork unless you get some hanging straps for it.

Back