Grant won't be fighting Pettis next

Did TJ get another injury or something? Thought he was only out for a concussion.

Thomson is great when he's on- very good fighter with all-around skills and great cardio to boot.

but i don't feel he will beat Pettis because Pettis is just too dangerous standing and Thomson had has his share of stumbles in the cage before. The Thomson that beat Melendez in their first clash and whooped Nate Diaz looked like a world beater. But against JZ and against KJ he's looked uninspiring or underwhelming.

Pettis- you gotta show up at your best for sure to win because Pettis will be looking to put you away everywhere and in five rounds he'll have plenty of time to do it.

benson was winning that fight until the sub

By holding him against the cage and tapping Pettis in the calf with babykicks?

3.gif

What a load of chet.

Grant deserves the shot 110%

Easy fight for Pettis should win by RD2 would have rather seen Gil given a go. Is there anything lined up for Gil???????????????????:icon_idea

I don't like both the accomplishments he's getting this shot for, in conjunction with it possibly creating a match-up issue for Pettis. In other words, the risk is not worth the reward. Much more favorable risk to reward ratio with Melendez and Grant, I felt.

Easy fight for Pettis should win by RD2 would have rather seen Gil given a go. Is there anything lined up for Gil???????????????????:icon_idea

Would have been a good choice but he needs a tune up fight before he fights for the title again although I thought he won the Bendo fight.

Gil Melendez or Nurmagomedov should get the shot IMO.

Did TJ get another injury or something? Thought he was only out for a concussion.

Still lingering effects from the concussion. Not too long ago, he did an interview where he said he was having a hard time doing simple stuff (like playing with his kids) without feeling out of breath and/or dizzy for a while.

I hope TJ gets better. Don't want another Jeff Joslin situation where a guy isn't really even able to fight again.

OK, and people who believe in God are the delusional ones. :icon_lol:

You will believe in Grant when he is getting the belt wrapped around his waist after a vicious round 1 KO. You will believe and you will kneel down and pray to the new champion to forgive you for your lack of faith and your worship of false idols.

The irrational Pettis delusion you are suffering from due to a lack of reason will be washed away and you will be born anew. You will become a lamb of Grant and join his flock of lambs. Like a shepherd he will lead you down the path of righteousness.

T.J. Grant is your shepherd and not more shall you want, he will lead you to still waters and restore your soul, you will dwell in the house of Grant forever.

:)

Dana paid him to say he was injured so they can do the Bendo rubber match

... rubber matches can only happen when each fighter has won a fight this would just be bendo getting a third shot at beating someone that has beaten him twice neither time controversially. so wait is this the shamrock/ortiz of this era lol

I hope TJ gets better. Don't want another Jeff Joslin situation where a guy isn't really even able to fight again.

Yeah. I also hope every member of the MMA media who implied he had a fake injury personally apologizes to him for being scumbags of the highest order.

Back