Grant Pricing???

why would anyone spend $500 on gloves?

My top king were about $60 and last me 4 years of heavy use.

You can get a good pair of gloves from just about any brand you want for under $100

i just bought some fujiwarakomogatsu gloves for $1000.

I punch faster because they are more aerodynamic lol

official grant ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=grant+gloves&_sop=10

16 oz gloves listed at $400:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRANT-BOXIN...179316?hash=item3f79c95cf4:g:MucAAOSwc-tY6yzt

Shipping out of Dana Point.

Also, another seller selling authentic Grant gloves SDboxing:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sdboxing/m....gDUAAOSw4A5YvtAF&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

16 oz gloves listed at $350:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-A...634584?hash=item3adf127f58:g:WlAAAOSwOgdYvsxy

Shipping out of Temecula.

Fairly certain there is something fishy going on here. Those two locations are very close, and the ones SD boxing is selling are not the same quality as the Grants directly from Grantworldwide.

I've been asking questions on different forums and sending emails to Mexican glove suppliers, the consensus is that Grant isn't an OEM company. They merely just hire factories to make stuff for them, stick the Grant name on, and sell the gear for a fortune. They're kinda like the high-end Ringside and Title...don't really make their own stuff, but have a reputable name..

From what I've gathered, Grant's boots and facebars are made by Classics, their pro-fight gloves are made at a different factory, their sparring gloves made by yet a different factory, etc....

In contrast to this, companies like Reyes, Classics, Campeon, Topboxer, Ring to Cage etc... all make their own stuff.

I've been asking questions on different forums and sending emails to Mexican glove suppliers, the consensus is that Grant isn't an OEM company. They merely just hire factories to make stuff for them, stick the Grant name on, and sell the gear for a fortune. They're kinda like the high-end Ringside and Title...don't really make their own stuff, but have a reputable name..

From what I've gathered, Grant's boots and facebars are made by Classics, their pro-fight gloves are made at a different factory, their sparring gloves made by yet a different factory, etc....

In contrast to this, companies like Reyes, Classics, Campeon, Topboxer, Ring to Cage etc... all make their own stuff.
Ring to Cage just use a Pakistani factory though, in what way do they make their own stuff?

that's good info and makes a lot of sense concerning Grant, wouldn't be surprised if they do have a single factory of their own though and outsource to others in addition to that

Mino,

I've been told by several Pakistani manufacturers on Alibaba that Ring to Cage is actually a Pakistani company with a Pakistani owner (probably Mohsin?), and that they have a very large factory in Sialkot.

Regarding Grant, I think it is unlikely that they'd have their own factory, especially if they outsource. The typical 3-6 month wait with a price tag of $400 per stock and $700 per custom doesn't seem to be in line with the logic that there would be so much demand that their factory couldn't keep up and that they'd need to outsource. At the same time, the other Mexican manufacturers who I've asked insist that Grant doesn't have their own factory in Mexico, otherwise they assert that they would know about it.

Grant does indeed subcontract out but they also often provide their own leather to have unique colors... That said i know of places here that will pigment the skins upon your design amd make the gloves with the that skin

Mino,

I've been told by several Pakistani manufacturers on Alibaba that Ring to Cage is actually a Pakistani company with a Pakistani owner (probably Mohsin?), and that they have a very large factory in Sialkot.
You can call Mohsin up though as he's in the US and they ship orders from the US. They have a US storefront

That's what the person at Classics and also the people who supposedly make Grant's training gloves have told me...that Grant actually supplies them with specific leather, but they do the construction.

I don't really have an issue with outsourcing, but I think that it takes away from the "prestige" that Grant consistently advertises about itself. It would be something else I suppose, if Grant Elvis Phillips was a glovemaker himself, but I'm inclined to think that he might not be. John Brown, who started Ringside, told me that he was heavily involved in the RnD of the gloves his Pakistani producers developed for him. At best, this could be the same extent to which Elvis has influenced his glove design, albeit with Mexican producers.

I think there are certain types of people who buy Grants:
-Those who are collectors
-Those who can afford it (good for them)
-Those who like the quality and design
-Those who want the name

If it's strictly Grant's quality and design that one is after, then one could bypass the mega price tag and buy the gear from the manufacturer if one was to know who made their stuff. This is something that is slowly unraveling. It is important to remember that quality has been very inconsistent with authentic Grant, and that several reviewers have stated that some of the other custom glovemakers here on the threads have produced gloves that generally outperform Grant.

If it is strictly Grant's name that one is after, then one could possibly bypass that pricetag by buying a knockoff (most average boxers in the gym and people in couldn't tell the difference), and if they're lucky, the knockoff might actually be of decent to good quality, and if they're really luck, it might even outperform the real thing.

I've been reading that Zeus gloves are very similar to Grants, and someone on these boards mentioned that the glovemaker who makes Zeus was a onetime maker of Grant's training gloves. I did a google search for "Zeus Deportes Grant" and the first hit was the Zeus Deportes Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/lightningdeportes

One of the featured links on the frontpage is a page called "Guantes De Box New Sporting" and this is their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Guantes-de-box-New-Sporting-1661416980785262/

If you look at the pics of their gloves, they look a lot like Grants as well. It could be that GDBNS, Grant, and Zeus all get the gloves from the same source, or that GDBNS might even be the OEM. Not entirely sure yet, but it is interesting.

Update: Scrolled through the pictures. It looks like Guantes De Box New Sporting is the maker of Zeus Deportes Gloves.Zeus.jpgso then...if Zeus' glovemaker also makes Grants as has been said on these forums, we can deduce that Grant is made Guantes De Box New Sporting. This whole argument rests on the assumption that Zeus gloves are indeed made by the same glovemaker as Grant. If this turns out to be true, then there's no more need to fatten Elvis' pockets by giving in to $700 price tags ever again!

Last edited:
It probably behooves me to respond as well at this point
Indeed new sporting is one of my suppliers
I have 3 different mexican suppliers ramper kastell and new sporting.

Cheers
Dorian

Last edited:
I have Grant, Zeus (those purple and white are mine), and TM by Juan.

Neither Zeus nor TM (Juan, or technoir) are made in the same manner as Grant. Grant are overpriced, but the materials and configuration definitely nicer, especially the leather. I am currently doing a write up comparison and hope to share soon.

They may be made by the same shop, but do keep in mind that Grant has used several manufacturers in the past and have gone through many iterations. They don't do a 1.0, 2.0, "new and improved" thing, but they've definitely made changes.

I do understand why everyone's trying to find out Grant's source/manufacturer, but Grant training gloves are honestly not that great. Pretty cool that Dorian is being transparent. Also, don't understand why everyone is so surprised that these companies like Grant outsource manufacturing for the most part, or seem to be angry. Did you think that Elvis made the gloves himself?

Do you think that Dorian or any of these other middlemen hasn't put in time and should be paid their dues? Dorian handles communication, payment, QC (hopefully), and he somehow found a way to communicate directly with these manufacturers, which is great. Same with you people shitting on Bill Beaulieu. His current offerings aren't my style, but he's contributed enough to get his dues. He's not forcing you to buy his wares. It's great that we can now communicate directly with Muhammad, but Bill provides alternative payment methods, his design, input, and logo, etc.

I don't speak spanish fluently, and I sure as hell am not going to wire money directly to Mexico to get some gloves, trust that they'll get through customs without an issue, to some manufacturer that has an instagram page.

Great investigative work destroyer, honestly. But if you really want the Grant configuration, I highly doubt you can get a pair that feels like the exact same thing from Dorian, TM, or new sporting.

grant%20collection_zpszfdotnkf.jpg

Save for the 3 gloves in the middle row that all felt the same, each one of these Grants felt different.

Also, ortho Grants and headgear:
Grant%20custom%204_zpskpyhemsf.jpg

lol, not a millionaire. got most of those in trades, craigslist, etc. Got rid/traded/sold most of those gloves because I came to the realization that I like larger gloves (i.e. 18 oz) and plus in the end, once I got over the Grant kick, I realized that the gloves weren't what I really liked in terms of feel, quality, etc. That picture was over a year ago. Since then, I've come in possession of a few pairs of the newest iteration of Grant, though I've gotten rid of most. Now I have a couple of fight gloves, a couple of pairs of the 18 oz gloves I got on ebay for like 80 a pair, and one new velcro pair.

Dorian, what are you talking about??

lol, not a millionaire. got most of those in trades, craigslist, etc. Got rid/traded/sold most of those gloves because I came to the realization that I like larger gloves (i.e. 18 oz) and plus in the end, once I got over the Grant kick, I realized that the gloves weren't what I really liked in terms of feel, quality, etc. That picture was over a year ago. Since then, I've come in possession of a few pairs of the newest iteration of Grant, though I've gotten rid of most. Now I have a couple of fight gloves, a couple of pairs of the 18 oz gloves I got on ebay for like 80 a pair, and one new velcro pair."]

Ah crud, I was really hoping you were going to say that you were able to afford them because you are Bruce Wayne and you fight crime at night.
7936f2788aef63a4419d62cd0c1e204b.jpg

Back