Grant Pricing???

Alvarez8806

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone in the US has really paid $675 dollars for a pair of grant gloves. If you have, did you wish you bought two pairs of complete custom Winnings? The cheapest glove they have is 350 dollars and that is in their Red/Black Black/Red colorway, but get this if you get the White/Black colorway the price jumps to $675 for 14 or 16oz lace up training gloves. Please if you have bought or owned Grant gloves is there any difference at all in quality versus a Winning pair.
-Thanks

Hey Guys,
Just wondering if anyone in the US has really paid $675 dollars for a pair of grant gloves. If you have, did you wish you bought two pairs of complete custom Winnings? The cheapest glove they have is 350 dollars and that is in their Red/Black Black/Red colorway, but get this if you get the White/Black colorway the price jumps to $675 for 14 or 16oz lace up training gloves. Please if you have bought or owned Grant gloves is there any difference at all in quality versus a Winning pair.
-Thanks

Holy smokes...

Let me start with - this is a terrible time to buy Grant boxing gloves.

Just a couple of months ago, they quoted me for a custom colored pair of gloves, 14 or 16 oz, at $500, which is still not worth it.

I am in the midst of writing up a review of sorts, of the newer "stock" 16 oz Grant boxing gloves. The bottom line - Grant's quality fluctuates, and right now, they're at a bit of a low point. I don't know, maybe you'll get lucky and get a good pair.

Buy two pair of Custom Winnings. Wipe them down and take care of them though, the leather on Winnings is not the most durable. The most durable leathers in my opinion are those used on Cleto and the old Grants.

I can't even imagine what they're charging for ortho padded gloves...

We have 3 pairs of Grants at my gym. 2 are fight gloves used by a pro and later given to us, one pair is an older version sold by a separate retailer, not direct from Grant.

The pro fight gloves are nice, they'd be my first choice in a boxing match. In my opinion, they are better than a Cleto Reyes pro fight glove (at least better than my pair), but I'd never buy them for training or mitts. The training pair are hilariously bad. Foam is good, leather is okay, stitching okay, but some of the labels are crooked. Sounds nit picky, but remember these are supposed to be the best in the world and they couldn't even sew a label on straight.

Winning, IMO, destroys Grant in almost every category save for leather maybe. The lace up Winnings are the best gloves I've ever put on my hands

We have 3 pairs of Grants at my gym. 2 are fight gloves used by a pro and later given to us, one pair is an older version sold by a separate retailer, not direct from Grant.

The pro fight gloves are nice, they'd be my first choice in a boxing match. In my opinion, they are better than a Cleto Reyes pro fight glove (at least better than my pair), but I'd never buy them for training or mitts. The training pair are hilariously bad. Foam is good, leather is okay, stitching okay, but some of the labels are crooked. Sounds nit picky, but remember these are supposed to be the best in the world and they couldn't even sew a label on straight.

Winning, IMO, destroys Grant in almost every category save for leather maybe. The lace up Winnings are the best gloves I've ever put on my hands

This is the problem - inconsistency. I've had the opportunity to use some really nice Grant gloves, and I've owned a few. Winnings are consistent across the board and are the golden standard. That being said, I've used and owned Grants that I've favored way over the Winning glove. I had a pair of 18 oz Grants I let go of because at the time there wasn't much time to utilize them, but this is my biggest regret as far as gear that I've let go.

If there was a way to ensure that your $350 or whatever would guarantee the best that Grant has to offer, I would say, based on your preferences, that Grants would be well worth your money, especially taking into consideration what's out there (there are not many gloves that compare, not even the many "Grant Clones").

However, there is no way to guarantee that, and I've seen some really crappy Grants that would place the brand lower on the totem pole than some lower-tiered brands. The last pair I got were the absolute worst I've ever seen Grant stoop to, and they were a recent pair.

Yeah I am very interested in a pair at $350 but will probably hold off since you said the quality is at a low point right now. I just don't see how you can justify a black/white $325 price jump not to mention the 12-18 week wait time I was quoted too lol. I think I'll stick to winning until I hit the lottery. Love my Winnings btw have a pair of custom embroidered pair, I just love trying new gloves.

I'll be posting pics and stuff in a bit, hopefully within the week. Still need to write everything up, but yeah, please do not buy Grant stuff from them, or from Electric California, an eBay seller. The company has pretty much no integrity. Grant's old Campeon line is superior to what I received in the mail this last week.

The gloves I received were worth maybe.... $60, optimistically. Grant know its hype, and is trying to score big time. Notice how the pricing for their "stock" options fall in line with Winning's, completely arbitrary and not based on actual costs. Their profit margin must be huge.

I've seen some sick Winning Triple Cuffs. Winning is willing to work with you, I believe. Never seen a split thumb on Winnings, but you never know what you can get with the right money. Might as well just get some crazy awesome Winning customs. Also, UMA does a pretty nice Winning-Grant hybrid.

I bought a pair from Electric California and returned it. It was fake. Made in Pakistan.

I have a pair of there 16oz training gloves. Not bad but there price for just stock colors on gloves is crazy. Price has increased considerably over the last few years. Even worse is that they as a company are really sensitive. They will block you on social media if you even hint a complaint. You have to take what your customers are saying and try to improve, nonsense.

I bought a pair from Electric California and returned it. It was fake. Made in Pakistan.

Funny thing is Gus... I bought a pair from Electric. I sent very detailed pics to Grant, and they confirmed they were real. Electric also sent me a receipt (I don't know if it's the actual receipt), and it looks like he legit bought from Grant.

I hesitated because I knew that the first pair they had up were fakes, but the ones I got, I think were legit, which is why I was so disappointed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252122646329?_trksid=p2057872.m2748.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

As far as the fakes go, did you report it to eBay or just return them for refund? How did the seller respond?

Hii,

So anyone in here who have the metallic color? Is it easy to faded? because it's metallic color., but i really want to see the pics other than in the grant official social media. Thnx

I am pretty sure metallic of any brand do not last long if it is actual leather pu is another matter.
Metallics are almost painted on compared to the normal colors in leather. But that is based upon my experience and i have only used mex gloves.

Grant is a huge waste of money imo, you can get gloves that will perform exactly the same with near identical cut and quality at less than half the price

Grant is a huge waste of money imo, you can get gloves that will perform exactly the same with near identical cut and quality at less than half the price

Definitely better off getting Sabas Prime gloves. Which are supposed to be very identical.

$160.

A customer of mine told me Grant quoted him $1500 for the specs I built him for $130. Wish I could get away with pricing like that!

A customer of mine told me Grant quoted him $1500 for the specs I built him for $130. Wish I could get away with pricing like that!

lol, cute product endorsement. No offense, but Grant's are legitimately worth more than your gloves. Definitely not anywhere worth what they're selling for now, but I don't think you can start comparing your product to what Grant is selling. When Grant was selling their gloves through Ringside for $199, they were more than worth it at that price imo, and that was years ago.

Or ask @scarphe for a pair of Grant customs.

Can't wait to get my pair in. Once I get them, I am planning on ordering another pair, especially if they're as good as I think they're going to be. Thanks for pictures and review by the way. Very excited to receive my pair. I am going to do a direct comparison with a pair of Grants in the same size.

Can't wait to get my pair in. Once I get them, I am planning on ordering another pair, especially if they're as good as I think they're going to be. Thanks for pictures and review by the way. Very excited to receive my pair. I am going to do a direct comparison with a pair of Grants in the same size.
Which gloves do you think are the closest to Grants? I picked up a pair that I have fallen in love with but I don't know which model or timeframe they are. If I can get another pair or two like that I would.

It'd be interesting to hear how they do in a side-by-side comparison. Word on the street is that the place Scarphe's gloves are made used to do Grants.

Back