Gracies break down the Werdum triangle

Actually no, at 0:53 of the vid werdum unbalances fedor as he punches which makes him fall into the triangle, by the time he touches the cage the triangle is already to deep.

LOL, no way man. I have watched it 10+ times. The triangle isn't even locked up when Fedor bounces off the fence and comes all the way back. Werdum has a nice grip on his head and an open guard, but he by no way shape or form has that triangle even close to locked up before Fedor runs into the cage. No way!

did you even read my post dumbass? of course it's not MMA, that's why I edited the tards post.

lol...someone's a little tightly wound, yes? I didn't notice you changed what he said

he said: his first loss in a decade
you said: first loss ever [because of the tournament issue], THEN mentioned combat sambo

I think it was pretty clear he meant MMA, you don't need to 'edit' that, but that's fine.

THEN, I didn't understand why you brought up combat sambo. It has nothing to do with the discussion of his MMA losses - that's why I mentioned it was different.

No reason to pull your nuts out for all to see

lol...someone's a little tightly wound, yes? I didn't notice you changed what he said

he said: his first loss in a decade
you said: first loss ever [because of the tournament issue], THEN mentioned combat sambo

I think it was pretty clear he meant MMA, you don't need to 'edit' that, but that's fine.

THEN, I didn't understand why you brought up combat sambo. It has nothing to do with the discussion of his MMA losses - that's why I mentioned it was different.

No reason to pull your nuts out for all to see

Because that Combat sambo Loss was his first loss in a decade. it was a pretty big deal. He was just about as dominant there as he was in MMA. also with TK that cut should have resulted in a no contest like it did with Nog regardless of whether or not it was a tournament match.

LOL, no way man. I have watched it 10+ times. The triangle isn't even locked up when Fedor bounces off the fence and comes all the way back. Werdum has a nice grip on his head and an open guard, but he by no way shape or form has that triangle even close to locked up before Fedor runs into the cage. No way!

well, look fedor went to the ground after werdum fell. werdum threw up his legs and fedor got out of trouble. then he throws spazzy little hammer fists and he gets triangled.

fedor was in that for what a minute before tapping. and that whole time was just surviving and not even coming close to escaping.

fedor is one of the pride guys who did not transition well, like cro cop. Nog is okay, and Shogun is the fucking man.
fedor needs to fight has beens and b level fights if he wants to win.

well, look fedor went to the ground after werdum fell. werdum threw up his legs and fedor got out of trouble. then he throws spazzy little hammer fists and he gets triangled.

fedor was in that for what a minute before tapping. and that whole time was just surviving and not even coming close to escaping.

fedor is one of the pride guys who did not transition well, like cro cop. Nog is okay, and Shogun is the fucking man.

shogun had initial trouble with the transition too. in fact he looked the worst of all of them at first. Rampage and anderson made the smoothest baddest transitions by far.

Maybe we can bet on the rematch then, yes?:icon_conf

11hfm9x.jpg

This is hilarious!:D

I'm not a fan of them trying to set up a false dictomy between real "Gracie Jiu jitsu" and "Sport" Jiu jitsu, but I have no problem with the video and I think its good marketing as well. Besides having good grappling and "the name", I think they are pretty good at selling and breaking things down. If you are one of their Gracie garage students, at least they are giving you something a little extra that relates to your training. I'll bet that they will get some casual fans who can't afford, can't get o, are afraid, or for whatever reason can't train at a real academy, to sign up for the videos/ online stuff.

For me, even though I played football and have an idea of what is going on on the field, I watch the post game and like to get the breakdown. I like this (and the GSP one) for the same reason and their breakdown was more technical than say MMA Live.

Another detail I found made a difference, was how Werdum turned to upside down/ cross guard for a second to get the space to actually come back to the second triangle.

That was my favorite part of the whole set up, Werdum rolling onto his shoulders and back into the triangle. I think that was Fedor's big 'mistake' not controlling the hips when he was passing, or as they said leaving the hand in "the party".

The basics work. People can try to learn all the slick moves they want but the bottom line is when executed properly, the basics work time and time again.

Yeah the basics work every time especially when the other guy makes a huge mistake. Look at the video Fedor for some dumbass reason left his hand in there, its not being controlled by Fabrico, but hey everyone makes mistakes even the great ones.

Yeah the basics work every time especially when the other guy makes a huge mistake. Look at the video Fedor for some dumbass reason left his hand in there, its not being controlled by Fabrico, but hey everyone makes mistakes even the great ones.

You know, your hand generally isn't causing danger if it's loosely (not jammed up the guys ass) between the guy's legs while you are sidemounted. The fact is, Fedor thought he was about to achieve sidemount, and on most, he certainly would have. You guys act like he pried Fabricio's legs open and inserted his head and arm. It wasn't THAT stupid a mistake. Some people just won't stop hanging off Fedor's nuts. It's like Fabricio could never catch him in a triangle unless God smited him with retardation. Fabricio triangled him, skillfully, and the mistake which seems so glaringly obvious to Sherdogger's watching on youtube is an easily missed detail when you are pounding and passing a guy's guard in the heat of an MMA fight. If anything, Fabricio should be given the credit for being able to seize the opportunity while having a beast like Fedor hammerfisting him and passing....instead of passing it off as some kind of "once in a lifetime" mistake by Fedor.

You know, your hand generally isn't causing danger if it's loosely (not jammed up the guys ass) between the guy's legs while you are sidemounted. The fact is, Fedor thought he was about to achieve sidemount, and on most, he certainly would have. You guys act like he pried Fabricio's legs open and inserted his head and arm. It wasn't THAT stupid a mistake. Some people just won't stop hanging off Fedor's nuts. It's like Fabricio could never catch him in a triangle unless God smited him with retardation. Fabricio triangled him, skillfully, and the mistake which seems so glaringly obvious to Sherdogger's watching on youtube is an easily missed detail when you are pounding and passing a guy's guard in the heat of an MMA fight. If anything, Fabricio should be given the credit for being able to seize the opportunity while having a beast like Fedor hammerfisting him and passing....instead of passing it off as some kind of "once in a lifetime" mistake by Fedor.

I give all the credit in the world to Werdum. To me after looking at it a couple of times, I think Fedor didn't have enough control of Werdum's hips and his left hand might have been able to help that. I don't think it was becasue Fedor doesn't know this or forgot it, and much as it was Werdum's movement and setup and to Fedor's credit, you're right, if things are a little different he might pass to side control.

Still breaking down where a fight went wrong for someone, or a pointing out wher high level guy makes a mistake, doesn't mean your saying you can do it better or the guy is an idiot, maybe it helps hammer it so when your going against someone your level you try not get caught the same way.

Pretty interesting, but it wasnt really anything tricky or slick. Just a standard case of getting triangled. I was shocked to see Fedor get nailed with the basic shit.

I'm sure Fedor is not that ignorant.
Maybe he was thinking that Werdum was hurt and he was going for the kill.
Maybe he thought that he could KO Werdum while he was trying to work the triangle.
Either way, guys have paid dearly for trying stuff like that when Fedor is swinging at their head. And Fedor had never been caught before.
Fedor didn't land solid shots, Werdum was not hurt and managed to keep his hips moving, and the fight ended.

I don't think anything is basic at the level these guys are at!

gotta love those breakdowns, they break it down like no one else.

BJJ and Gracie Jiu-Jitsu are the exact same thing even though the mentality is different. Sure one is a point scoring sport and the other is a self-defense martial art, but the techniques are almost all identical. The only difference is the mentality behind it. It's like comparing two Basketball teams, one that likes to push the pace in the fastbreak, and the other that likes to slow it down and pound the ball in the paint in the half-court. When it comes down to it, Jiu-Jitsu is Jiu-Jitsu and Basketball is Basketball.

Plus, the Gracies are experts in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and their grandfather CREATED the art himself that brought us Vale Tudo, the UFC(Rorion's baby) and MMA in general(fighters cross-training to avoid the dominance of BJJ).

I, for one, practice BJJ
and really liked the video since they clearly know what they're talking about..

For someone who practices BJJ, you sure dont know much about its history.

Back