Gracie Barra Kimono?

Well im trying to get one from rio, but if it is a keiko racca and not a Machado.. i dont know if im willing to pay what i was about to pay.

i think the keiko raca ones are like the" limited edition" ones you see everyone wearing but with Gracie Barra patches on.

Keiko raca are a quality brand

i own a keiko racca, they are not as quality as say a gameness or Mirada..

Even though we sell Keiko and it is popular as a mid-level gi, i would agree that it isn't in the top league in terms of quality.

Cheers Ron.... lol just don't ask my opinion of Koral, Gracie Sport rash, BTT shorts or Hunter quality! lol

shitty luck, i suppose no one can get ahold of them.

Ive asked a couple of people and waiting back on replys if i dont hear anything by friday im just going to order an Atama Double.

Not a bad kimono, but you know how it is when you have your heart set on something.

MACHADO COME BACK!!!!!!!!!

GOD! that idea didnt even last 5 minutes.

Sold out of the atama double weave.....atleast the one i want. Black w/ flags.

bad news every where..... oh well i guess i shouldnt be so picky.

damn missed you by a minute ssf.. just found out they discontinued the double weave from atama in black so i went ahead and got it in a gold weave.

It should be the last kimono ill need for awhile depending on how my mizuno looks comming back from teh tailor tomorrow.

Thank you guys for all your help though.

Gsoares said:
damn missed you by a minute ssf.. just found out they discontinued the double weave from atama in black so i went ahead and got it in a gold weave.

It should be the last kimono ill need for awhile depending on how my mizuno looks comming back from teh tailor tomorrow.

Thank you guys for all your help though.
did you get the gameness altered?

No i got a mizuno competition double from judo cut down to fit me for jiu jitsu.

Still no idea how it is going to turn out. I will be going on wednesday to pick it up... hopefully they do a good job.

I dont have a gameness.

I have the Mizuno, Keiko Racca limited, HSO (no name judo kimono), and now the atama gold weave/w flags comming.

Tried contacting them but rio didnt send any info back.. i found a guy who has some people in rio though, he said he could get me one but that the new ones are made by keiko racca.. Not really interested in another keiko racca. I have one and it isnt one of the best kimonos.. Def not up to par with a machado or gameness.

I like the gameness gi the most next to the machado. I just honestly hate the patches.. enough so that i wouldnt buy the kimono. They make quality gear though, just need to seriously have some redesign their patch work.

The patch work is simlar to that of krugans with the giant brand name across the chest. I like the way Machado, HCK, Atama do their stuff with subtle stitching that looks clean. Patches are for the school IMOP not for a billboard advertisement for a company. I mean maybe if i was getting paid to wear their gear u know. Guess some people like it though, who am i to say.

I thought you were after the Barra Gracie patches, not so much the kimono. I didn't know. They have been using the Keiko for a while now. I would have told you earlier had I known. If you call the Gracie Loja store, they will take care of you if that is what you wanted. Not sure if the guy answering the e-mail spoke English.

I wanted the GB kimono cause i train at GB, but i wanted a machado.. Was trying to find one unsold but no use... The keiko racca ones are not near as nice.. couple of guys i train with have the old machados and a couple have the new Gb keko racca ones.. big difference.

I emailed Luciana yesterday regarding kimono so I'll update as soon as I hear.
I know that one of the major problem was that Lu sold the factory and the chief machinist went to work for Bruno Lapenda (MMAGear). I believe (but this is what he told me rather than Lu) that she was then going to purchase her stock from him. We all know how reliable that would be!

Fightgear ... what IS your opinion of the gracie sports kimonos?

They are a good mid-level kimono. Nice design. Seem hard wearing. Not had any complaints about them and a couple of my students like them. From our last order I seem to think we have one left in blue A2 but I might be wrong.

Back