Gracie Barra Kimono?

Gsoares**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Where can i find the Gracie Barra Kimono that is seen here. They used to sell them but i cant find them online.
gbgi.jpg

I train at the one in tampa FL, and i want to have a 2nd gi so im not having to wash one every day of training.

One i wear daily is a keiko racca and it is getting pretty beat up from being dried all the time.

still waiting to hear back from my tailor on my mizuno.. im hoping it turns out well but still i would like to have another for swap out so im not having to tumble dry my kimonos... it really tears them up.

I know it is a Mkimono and i heard they went out of buisiness but were reintroducing a new line of kimonos or something?

they never went out of business. and the gracie barra gi's are manufactured also by keiko. some are machado's and some keiko raca.

call any gracie barra school in the us and tell them you'd like to buy one of their gi's.

ug i train at a gracie barra, and they only sell atama... guess ill wait till monday and ask instructor.

Yeah i found it on the Brazilian gracie barra site... still not a site up in english or a way to order with US$. says 219 r$ on the brazilian site.

Thanks soid, im sure ill find one come monday.

You can only get them if you are a member of Gracie Barra over here, they usually offer to sell you one after a month or after you've signed up for membership. I think the fact Roger Gracie runs the school and Leao, Carlos and Mauricio drop by doesn't hurt Roger's ability to get the GB gis.

Gsoares said:
Yeah i found it on the Brazilian gracie barra site... still not a site up in english or a way to order with US$. says 219 r$ on the brazilian site.

Thanks soid, im sure ill find one come monday.
a guy at my academy gets them from one of the schools in the us. ill ask him.

i havent even asked my instructor cause i figured i could just buy one online. I know he can get them, a couple of the guys at our gym have them.. Instructor wears one now and again...

Monday ill see if he can get them.. They sell them on the brazil sight so i sent Gracie Barra USA a e-mail asking if they could get me one.... waiting on a response.

They have White, Blue, and Black on the GB site though.... I have a blue keiko racca, and a white mizuno that ive yet to see... so i was going to buy a black gracie barra.

I could drive an hour and a half tomorrow to make it over to clear water where he is having a class... but i really dont feel like driving that far, my car has no a/c and floridas weather is blistering hot. So monday is the day.

Gsoares said:
i havent even asked my instructor cause i figured i could just buy one online. I know he can get them, a couple of the guys at our gym have them.. Instructor wears one now and again...

Monday ill see if he can get them.. They sell them on the brazil sight so i sent Gracie Barra USA a e-mail asking if they could get me one.... waiting on a response.

They have White, Blue, and Black on the GB site though.... I have a blue keiko racca, and a white mizuno that ive yet to see... so i was going to buy a black gracie barra.

I could drive an hour and a half tomorrow to make it over to clear water where he is having a class... but i really dont feel like driving that far, my car has no a/c and floridas weather is blistering hot. So monday is the day.
You may find they won't want to sell you a black gi if you aren't a brown or black belt. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

Superbeast said:
You may find they won't want to sell you a black gi if you aren't a brown or black belt. I guess you'll have to wait and see.
Black was just an idea.. i honestly wanted the white to begin with but then i saw the black and thought.... Well dont have that color and would be nice to change it up... if people are that bent on color it really doesnt matter to me.

Im mean its just a gi. We have a blue at our school who wears a black dragon gi.

Ill ask eduardo about it on monday.. im sure he can get them considering ive seen atleast 5-6 guys with them at class.

You know it always surprises me that they're able to get away with using Taz on those logos

We can get them in the UK but they have to be special orders. We are opening a shop ourselves in Brazil in September so we can get them pretty easily from that point onwards but we can get them now in small quantities.

yo fightgear U.K - Could you get us any gracie barra patches.

Im looking for a small/medium size one that can go on the bottom of the pant leg

fightgear i heard gracie barra are really hard to get at the moment in the uk?

grappler1979 said:
fightgear i heard gracie barra are really hard to get at the moment in the uk?

They had them on sale at the evoulution fightwear stand at the seni show at the NEC B'ham in April.

I don't know about the availibility of the gi now

Asked my instructor today, no luck. Says he used to be able to get them but he cant get them any more.

Evolution used to sell them before they moved to selling only their own brand.
If there is enough demand, we will be happy to import them into the UK. Ask around guys... if we move to Gracie Barra we need to know the clubs will support us!

Could the fact that gracie barra gis are now made by Keiko Raca and not MKimonos have anything to do with avialbility

Back