• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GPS would have schooled Usman or Colby

How was gsps striking on another level when jake shields beat him on the feet for two rounds?

Because he was poked in the eye and couldn’t see for a couple of rounds. Weird

so thats the excuse ok. supposed eye poke or not he should have beaten jake shields on the feet. Its embarassing when you make Jake Shields look like Badr Hari.

so thats the excuse ok. supposed eye poke or not he should have beaten jake shields on the feet. Its embarassing when you make Jake Shields look like Badr Hari.
He got poked near the end of the second round. Guess it might be kinda hard to strike when you can’t see. He still won the striking for the fight.

He got poked near the end of the second round. Guess it might be kinda hard to strike when you can’t see. He still won the striking for the fight.

Then he should have grappled but he was terrified of that.

Then he should have grappled but he was terrified of that.
He fought smart and won. Which is all he has done since 2007. I don’t think he’s looking to impress some random slobs sitting on sherdog.

Around 15 fights into his career, GSP got Koed by Matt Serra lol.

Usman meanwhile broke Colby's jaw and is beating arguably better guys.

Yeah I agree, Kumaru is much more stiff than GSP, but it's not like he can't improve yet.

Overall though Colby-Usman certainly showed MMA evolution is mostly mythical.

Around 15 fights in? When he was 25? Usman is 32 and only has 17 fights in total...

Usman didn't start fighting relevant or ranked guys other than Edwards until he fought Maia.

GSP was far more active and fought far higher level guys almost his entire career. The Serra KO was a fluke win and was emphatically avenged.

It's like saying Cain sucked because JDS knocked him out in 60 seconds, thereby discounting the fact that he smashed him easily twice after that.

It's fighting, anything can happen.

And GSP at his best before knee injuries and surgeries would own Usman and it wouldn't be close. Colby was actually doing quite well against Usman until his gas tank started to fail.

GSP at his best was a cardio monster.

I think he could beat either one of them
I’m pretty confident that he beats Colby
Usman I think might be one of if not the hardest fight of his career

ezgif-4-fae9e7660807.gif

Shields made GSP look like an amateur on the feet.

I think his point was that Usman/Colby are just wrestlers with below average striking.

Most of the rest of the champions have decent to excellent striking, and aren't just primarily wrestlers. Even if wrestling is the background they came from.
Sorry, but my response is on point.
It was always said that the rules helps wrestling and the case in point is that almost every single current UFC champion has a wrestling background.

if you want to go by specifics you do not make exaggerations.

Back