• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GPS would have schooled Usman or Colby

Did you watch Hendricks during USADA era? He couldn't do anything. You are talking about guys pre-USADA. People underestimate Usman's wrestling. Woodley thought he would be a better wrestler than Usman. How did that work out for him? Apples and oranges.

Yes, i am talking about guys in their prime

Seems the boxing embarrassment between Usman and Colby..... man you realize GSP would not have been in any difficult situation against them..... UD

ThriftyWindingHornet-max-1mb.gif

58fb9886a8a1235349c21895d33fb2677e0c244b.gifv

FabulousMessyAbyssiniangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

I am not saying it was not a fun fight to watch......I am just saying they are at a low level of boxing

GPS is so good compared to those guys

Sorry, but that's an asinine post.
Both guys are wrestlers and as such they neutralized each other.
But either would not hesitate taking GSP down and keeping him on the ground.

Not saying GSP would not win or that he had no chance, but that's not comparing Apples with Apples.

Agr
Seems the boxing embarrassment between Usman and Colby..... man you realize GSP would not have been in any difficult situation against them..... UD

ThriftyWindingHornet-max-1mb.gif

58fb9886a8a1235349c21895d33fb2677e0c244b.gifv

FabulousMessyAbyssiniangroundhornbill-max-1mb.gif

I am not saying it was not a fun fight to watch......I am just saying they are at a low level of boxing

GPS is so good compared to those guys
agreed. I don’t know about the boxing aspect but GPS is unrivaled at judging distance.

Sorry, but that's an asinine post.
Both guys are wrestlers and as such they neutralized each other.
But either would not hesitate taking GSP down and keeping him on the ground.

Not saying GSP would not win or that he had no chance, but that's not comparing Apples with Apples.
it is 2020. "just wrestlers" should not be the champ fights in 2020, in MMA. it is not 1997 anymore.

In his prime I would bet on GSP time and time again.

Of course present day GSP would still have a chance, as he always stays in shape, but after age, ring rust and knee surgeries I woudn't put money on him. Still think he could have pulle dit off a year or two agao, but todays GSP I am not sure of.

They are better wrestlers, harder to td n can push a grinding pace.

gsp wouldn’t be able to keep up.
Fuck off.

Colby got taken down several times by Rafael Dos Anjos.

GSP would stuff Usman takedowns and take him for a ride to Jab city. It would look like GSP vs Koschek but Kamaru does not have KO power.

Usman colby twood would all ruin prime gsp. There is no way he could deal with usman and colby strength and cardio and there js no.way georges could contend with twood power.

People forget how bad GSP made guys look who had wrestled their entire lives. And his standup is light years ahead of these guys.
“But this new breed of super evolved” whatever. That striking takes mma back 20 years.

Last edited:
Around 15 fights into his career, GSP got Koed by Matt Serra lol.

Usman meanwhile broke Colby's jaw and is beating arguably better guys.

Yeah I agree, Kumaru is much more stiff than GSP, but it's not like he can't improve yet.

Overall though Colby-Usman certainly showed MMA evolution is mostly mythical.

Usman is 32 years old, and had been fighting professionally for 8 years. His striking is about as good as it's ever going to get. And that's not good. But he doesn't rely on his striking, and GSP was/is light years ahead of him in that department.

Usman got choked out by Jose Caceras in his 2nd fight. That's how irrelevant GSPs loss is to Serra btw.

it is 2020. "just wrestlers" should not be the champ fights in 2020, in MMA. it is not 1997 anymore.
List of all champions in every WC in the UFC:
FLW - Wrestler
BW - Wrestler (Cejudo)
FW- Wrestler (Volk)
LW- Wrestler (Khabib)
WW- Wrestler (Usman)
MW - - kickboxing/ Taekwondo (Adesanya)
LHW - Wrestler (Jon)
HW - Wrestler (Miocic)

Only ONE is not a wrestler
Sorry, but you have absolutely no point.

List of all champions in every WC in the UFC:
FLW - Wrestler
BW - Wrestler (Cejudo)
FW- Wrestler (Volk)
LW- Wrestler (Khabib)
WW- Wrestler (Usman)
MW - - kickboxing/ Taekwondo (Adesanya)
LHW - Wrestler (Jon)
HW - Wrestler (Miocic)

Only ONE is not a wrestler
Sorry, but you have absolutely no point.

I think his point was that Usman/Colby are just wrestlers with below average striking.

Most of the rest of the champions have decent to excellent striking, and aren't just primarily wrestlers. Even if wrestling is the background they came from.

I mean yeah there is a good chance that GSP would beat them both

Prime GSP would be favored over both of them

Reasons why GSP would be favored
  • GSP has a decent submission game. Usman and Colby has no subs.
  • GSP superman punch was one of his strongest techniques. It's rare to see it in the UFC today.
  • GSP cardio can match guys like Colby and Usman.
  • GSP has karate background and throws good kicks and strikes that Usman/Colby rarely see.
  • GSP has the best double leg takedown in MMA period.
  • GSP uses the jab more effectively than anyone Usman/Colby has ever fought.
  • GSP,Firas,Greg Jackson are known for coming up with specific gameplan for every fight and GSP follows these gameplan to a T everytime. GSP trusts his coaches.
  • The fight would most likely be in Canada which would give GSP homefield advantage
  • GSP is very smart and is a true student of martial arts. Colby/Usman trash talk will have no effect on GSP.
  • GSP has experience vs MMA legends that Colby and Usman don't have. GSP has been in the biggest fights in MMA history.
  • GSP trains with the best (Phil Nurse, Freddie Roach, Renzo Gracie)
  • Despite not having a wrestling background GSP is considered the greatest wrestler in MMA history.
GSP's submission game wasn't any better than Usman or Colby's, most of his wins were by decisions

He couldn't even finish an armbar or kimura on Dan Hardy

GSP maybe beats Colby but I think Usman/Woodley beat him.

GSP agreed about Woodley and picked to fight Michael Bisping instead.

Lol Khabibs or Usman legacy so far is nothing compared to GSP. Rent free

GSP outstrucked Michael freaking Bisping, what are going to do Usman and Lolby Lolvington againt the GOAT?
At worst, GSP "Jake Shields" Usman, and he bring Colby into Jabville.

Usman colby twood would all ruin prime gsp. There is no way he could deal with usman and colby strength and cardio and there js no.way georges could contend with twood power.
Prime GSP had no problem with Matt Hughes strength. GSP had the best mma wrestling ever and his striking is on another level compared to those 2.
GSP lite Rory McDonald, had no problem with Woodley.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

GSP DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE AGAINST USMAN, OR EVEN COLBY.

Back