GOTHAM (Season 3 Premieres Sept. 19)

Update: June 22, 2016

Jamie Chung Cast as Valerie Vale in GOTHAM Season 3

Jamie-Chung-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

Jamie Chung will board Gotham’s third season as a recurring character, EW has confirmed. The 33-year-old actress, best known for her role as Mulan in ABC’s Once Upon a Time, joins the Fox crime drama as ace reporter Valerie Vale, who is also the aunt of DC Comics character Vicki Vale.

Brought on as the newest member of the crackerjack Gotham Gazette team, Valerie digs into Ben McKenzie’s Jim Gordon as the key source to unearthing the truth behind Indian Hill, a fishy research facility fronted as a toxic waste dump to cover for its mysterious human experiments.

Chung last appeared in 2016’s Flock of Dudes, and is next set to grace upcoming comedy Office Christmas Party alongside Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman. Gotham returns September 19 at 8 p.m. ET on Fox.

'Once Upon a Time' Star Jamie Chung Cast as Ace Reporter Valerie Vale in 'Gotham' Season 3

Update: June 22, 2016

Maggie Geha Cast as the New Poison Ivy in GOTHAM Season 3

Maggie-Geha-Gotham-Dragonlord.jpg

It seems the rumors of Poison Ivy being recast on Gotham are true, as WBTV and FOX announced Wednesday morning that Maggie Geha has been cast in the role for season three. Geha, 28, is obviously considerably older than the previous actress, 14 year-old Clare Foley. So what gives with the recast?

Well, according to FOX, Geha will be playing in-between those ages, as a 19 year-old Ivy Pepper. The sudden age jump comes "following an encounter with a monster from Indian Hill," which finds her 'reborn.' Now, the character is older, and "one step closer to the DC villain she is destined to become: Poison Ivy."

The official character description goes on to officially announce her as 19 years old and "a woman who's harnessed the full power of her charms," ready to set them upon young Bruce Wayne (played by David Mazouz).

Maggie Geha got her start as a model, recently appearing in the films Ted 2, The Rewrite, and In Stereo.

Gotham Season 3: Poison Ivy Recast with Ted 2 Actress Maggie Geha

This is a silly bad show. Basically, it is Batman without Batman fighting all his rogues gallery. They should just make Alfred the protagonists

Is this show any good?
Eh.... not really.

I'm somewhat entertained but I wouldn't really call it a good show nor would I recommend it to anyone.

Big part of me just can't accept Lil Bruce Wayne's adventures.

I approve. Definitely an upgrade.

So you don't find it creepy that she's going to be playing a 13 year old, in a 19 year old's body, bing played by a 28 year old?

Because magically accelerated aging aside, mentally Ivy is still going to be a 13 year old.

I don't like the premise of the show but i've decided to give it a go, can't be any worse than LOT or Supergirl.

It's a middling show at best. I'd say as low as 3/10 to as high as 5/10 . The guy who plays Gordon is decent but not a fan of young Bruce Wayne and Alfred and overall the show doesn't really hook you in.

I watched one episode season 2 and stopped watching then I saw it was the final and just watched that I think I might do that again for next season unless something good happens in the first episode

So you don't find it creepy that she's going to be playing a 13 year old, in a 19 year old's body, bing played by a 28 year old?

Because magically accelerated aging aside, mentally Ivy is still going to be a 13 year old.

I didn't think about it in those terms. I was thinking in the " we went from a kinda of odd looking little girl to a hot red head" UPGRADE!

oh. my. between her and jamie chung, i may have to actually start watching this show. i gave up halfway into the first season. is it any more watchable?
I think so. Mind you, I'm not a big fan of the show myself but the later episodes have been more entertaining with the addition of the costumed villains and a quicker resolution to the story arcs.

The show was never what you would call good, but since it fully embraced the ridiculousness it became prime guilty pleasure material.

This show has some cringe moments like other comic book shows, but I really don't get the level of hate it gets. I wouldn't go out recommending to watch it, but I actually do enjoy it. I even think Lil Bruce is pretty solid. It's certainly better than the last two seasons of Arrow...

Back