Got my fat ass in gear...

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by GroundNPound, Mar 13, 2008.

1. GroundNPound

GroundNPound The Stocky Strangler

I have developed a conditioning complex and work in my S&P workouts on the days when I am going to fight afterwards...Its not heavy enough to count it as a real S&P deal but it is helping when I am able to do those lifts heavy. Right now my muscular endurance is lacking and I need to fix it ASAP, here goes...

3 min rounds, 1 min rest (not there yet)

DB Bench
    DB Snatches
    Rows w/ a 45#plate
    OHP->OHS
    DLs
    Lunges

This is it, I am making progress and it feels like a marathon when you are done. I am in relatively shitty shape so this definitely kicks my ass.

2. Revok

Revok Brown Belt

Bench has no place in a complex. Dips, foo.

3. Misfit23

Misfit23 Black Belt

What weights you using?

4. finnegan

finnegan Mountains and Fleas

Agreed. Also, rep scheme?

5. GroundNPound

As many reps as I can in the 3 mins, the weights are light, I try to be as explosive as possible to really tire myself out as I said my shape is shit if I was going heavier I think I would fry up in a hurry. I figure if I go light and fast that will help my explosiveness and help me go deeper.

6. GroundNPound

I have bench in there because I feel like I get tired in my chest in grappling, I will be changing it soon enough and probably switch it up. The bottom line is I am cooked at the end.

7. GroundNPound

I have bench in there because I feel like I get tired in my chest in grappling, I will be changing it soon enough and probably switch it up. The bottom line is I am cooked at the end.

8. Revok

Revok Brown Belt

Hell I think any form of pushups would be better than bench. If it's a real complex, a) you shouldn't be lying down, because lifts that involve lying down are shit, moreso for cardio purposes and b) you're wasting time transitioning between equipment.

There's a good reason for barbell complexes - you don't get to stop between lifts. The bar is always being held, racked, shouldered, etc. and you don't get a second of relief until all the reps are done. Try a few BB complexes (with pushups or dips chucked in at the end, or standing neider press). You'll make faster progress.

9. pittelp

pittelp Smokin Joe belt winner

Good for you.