Got a weird call this morning...(Paranormal-ish)

I had a spooky happening similar to that, I had a weird dream during a nap I decided to take midday on a Saturday. In said dream I heard my mom and sister asking me if I checked on him. I kept responding "What do you mean?", they kept asking until I woke up. A few hours later my older sister texts me that grandpa had died and may have been dead for a few days before being checked on and my mom was freaking out asking if people had check on him.
Edit. No joke this actually happened.
Sounds like a glitch in the simulation.

lol, that's probably what all these things are bro

I almost died in a car accident two weeks before Christmas when I was 18. My friend and I were heading to the local mall and I got into ash / cinders that were put down due to winter conditions. We slid into oncoming traffic, heading for a car full of people head-on. I felt a calming presence and guidance as I did everything to get us out of the situation. I stabbed the brakes, cranked the wheel, grabbed neutral, cranked the wheel again, hit the brakes again, and grabbed drive; tapping the throttle. It's impossible to describe the feeling other than it was like having a loving presence guiding everything that I did.

I got the car slowed down and came to rest at the guardrail on the correct side of the road. My friend shouted "How the hell did you do that?!!! It was like stunt driving in a movie, you did everything perfect!". I responded "I don't know, if felt like someone was guiding me the whole time."

Here's the weirdest part: I smelled fresh baked cookies and my grandmother's perfume. She passed 10 years earlier and was known for baking tons of cookies and pies during the holiday season. I asked my friend "Do you smell something?" and he replied "Yeah, gingerbread cookies and maybe a faint whiff of perfume?"

There's more to life than we know. We die and change states. Maybe science will advance and we'll get a greater understanding of things that are currently "Supernatural" or simply unknown. It wasn't too long ago that the UV spectrum of light wasn't even known to us. Same with Gamma rays or even X-rays.

If you have ever read my posts you will know that I don't believe in an afterlife. With that said, I also had a strange experience after my dad died.

Me and my dad never had much of a relationship. We didn't speak much growing up and we kind of just did our own thing. We both smoked weed in the garage and that's one of the few times we actually talked a little bit, if we both happen to be smoking at the same time. Generally we didn't smoke at the same time though, he would wait for me to finish or I would wait for him. Once in awhile though, we would be there at the same time.

Awhile before my dad died he gave me his weed because he couldn't smoke it anymore. After he died a few weeks later I was in the garage and I looked in his box where he kept his weed. I knew it was empty because I already took it. It was empty but I just double checked because I really wanted to smoke.

The next day I still really wanted to smoke so I'm like, I'll check the garage again and maybe I forgot some scraps on my grinder or something.

I walk into the garage and I look at my dads box for a second and it has a small gap where it doesn't close properly and I see this white object right in the center of the box. I open it and there is a small joint sitting perfectly in the center of the box. Its the exact size and style of joint my dad always rolled. To this day I can't explain it. I'm not saying my dead ghost dad rolled me one final goodbye joint but that's actually what it seemed like. I cant offer any plausible explanation. I still dont believe in the afterlife but that just can't be explained.

So after he died I had a dream about him. In the dream he's sitting in his chair in the living room. I look and see him and say "Dad are you ok?". He stands up, doesn't look at me or say anything and walks a few steps looking in the other direction.

I thought it was weird but never told anyone.

Fast forward to this past Thanksgiving, I'm with my family and they start talking about dreams about dad after he died. They literally all say they had a dream about him and he didn't talk to them. The exact same thing I experienced, but I never said anything or told them. I just found it interesting.

Whoa, beautiful stuff.

I've been having ridiculous insomnia past couple weeks. Many things have been on my mind, a major one still thinking about him and the way he went out. Its been rough leading to anxiety and jolting myself awake every time I'm close to falling asleep. At a point it felt like something bad was going to happen to me with how little to no sleep I was getting and having to wake up early for work constantly.

I had a really bad episode the night before I got his call but since then I've been sleeping well. Falling asleep like I used too.

I'm sorry for your loss, man. My condolences.

I don't want to offer empty platitudes, but I will say that while time doesn't take away the pain, it dulls it somewhat.

My kid woke up screaming and saying she is scared of the ghost. Halloween was recent but she liked ghosts so i had no idea where this was coming from.

Go into her room and her ceiling fan is spinning on its own, no motor sound and in the opposite direction. No draft or open windows her door was shut, i stopped the fan from moving and tried to start it by waving at it to see if a draft could move it and no dice.

No idea wtf but my wife is scared as hell.

Shrugs/

I rarely dream and nightmares are almost exclusively the "falling and wake up on impact" or "show up to the final exam naked and no idea what I'm doing." The exception has been a few instances when I have vivid nightmares that wake me up from a dead sleep when someone dies.
The first and the example that sticks to me the most:
I dreamt about my father and grandfather clawing to escape a rising tide of blood. Right about the time I woke up, they were 250mi away being told that my uncle and godfather, who was dad's best friend and granddad's favorite, had died from a blood clot in his lung.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity#:~:text=Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is,seem to be meaningfully related.

Maybe we imagine signs because we need them. Maybe everything has a meaning but we only see them when we need.

i love that! jung believed events can be connected by meaning. that is a beautiful statement.

only to find nothing of course but his strong odor upstairs.
My cousin passed almost 2yrs ago. We were best friends growing up but then he fell into addiction and just never ever came back. His mind was pretty fried the last few years and I would occasionally run in to him here and there.

Anyhow, it finally caught up to him back in March of 2019 (OD'd). He died the evening of March 11, 2019. I did not find out till the next day.

Anyhow, on the drive to work that morning - just I was about to arrive at work I got a really bad stench of death (like a roadkill had been sitting around dead for a few days in the hot sun - except it was winter and way below zero). I got to work and maybe about an hour in I got a text from both my sisters that he had passed away the night before.

I believe that whiff of death was a sign. Not to argue with anyone about it (the sherdong skeptics who lose their mind when these discussions come up). Still think about him. Wished I could have helped him but he was so far gone and just resigned himself to that life (I remember a conversation we had (2006-2007?) - when I still used to drink and I had run in to him and he pretty much said he had given up.

Could go on about unexplained things I've experienced but have to get back to work.

BTW sorry for your lose - both my parents are up there in age and I know the day will come when I have to confront and deal with this.

I almost died in a car accident two weeks before Christmas when I was 18. My friend and I were heading to the local mall and I got into ash / cinders that were put down due to winter conditions. We slid into oncoming traffic, heading for a car full of people head-on. I felt a calming presence and guidance as I did everything to get us out of the situation. I stabbed the brakes, cranked the wheel, grabbed neutral, cranked the wheel again, hit the brakes again, and grabbed drive; tapping the throttle. It's impossible to describe the feeling other than it was like having a loving presence guiding everything that I did.

I got the car slowed down and came to rest at the guardrail on the correct side of the road. My friend shouted "How the hell did you do that?!!! It was like stunt driving in a movie, you did everything perfect!". I responded "I don't know, if felt like someone was guiding me the whole time."

Here's the weirdest part: I smelled fresh baked cookies and my grandmother's perfume. She passed 10 years earlier and was known for baking tons of cookies and pies during the holiday season. I asked my friend "Do you smell something?" and he replied "Yeah, gingerbread cookies and maybe a faint whiff of perfume?"

There's more to life than we know. We die and change states. Maybe science will advance and we'll get a greater understanding of things that are currently "Supernatural" or simply unknown. It wasn't too long ago that the UV spectrum of light wasn't even known to us. Same with Gamma rays or even X-rays.
I'm glad you made out safe. And I also think the Supernatural is real and will be explained one day.

Now I also had a strange driving experience I was going to town and I came to a stop sign so I looked
left and than right and saw nothing so I proceeded to get on the road when I felt this weird sensation after
it stopped I looked to the right and there was a bicyclist coming up and I didn't see him at first so something
warned me other wise I would have hit him.

My mother died 2 months ago

So 63 days in a row i have crazy vivid dreams..mostly filled with guilt and remorse as i have not been the best son..i mean i was ok..but for the unconditonal love she gave me..i should have been soo much loving and caring to her

I hope that you were in more contact with her than posts you've made since joining sherdog!

Don't beat yourself up man. Life is filled with peaks and valleys. You were an ok son at times, a great son at others, and possibly someone who could have done a lot better at some point.

Parents are wired to love uncondtionally, and it is impossible for their kids to consistently return that love in the same way. It's meant to be that way and one day (if not already) you'll feel the same about your own kids.

In moments of grief our minds have strange ways of comforting us...

My mother died 2 months ago

So 63 days in a row i have crazy vivid dreams..mostly filled with guilt and remorse as i have not been the best son..i mean i was ok..but for the unconditonal love she gave me..i should have been soo much loving and caring to her
know what you mean, i was a piece of shit towards my ma, live with it everyday.

Back