Got a weird call this morning...(Paranormal-ish)

LATEXXX COMMANDO

Ominous Flesh Discipline
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So my dad recently passed away this year and it's been tough. I think and miss him everyday and still find myself getting very emotional thinking about the old man. Somedays are easier than others but it's part of life and you have to accept it and do your best to continue moving forward.

Early this morning I was woken up by a phone call from some random number. Usually if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail since 9/10 times to a scam call, telemarketer, etc.

For whatever reason I decided to pick up and was met with a brief period of silence and some weird background noise, like if the phone was muffled and a somehow faint but clear voice of what sounded like my dad saying, "G, thank/miss you". After that the call ended. I know for sure I heard, in his voice, "G" and "you".

This surprised the heck out of me because "G" was the nickname my dad used to call me all the time. I called the number back and was met with, "the number you have dial is disconnected or no longer in service".

I have always been interest in paranormal things but I'm also a bit of a skeptic. There are somethings I see where I can believe it but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that sort of doubts it.

I posted a thread about his passing and how hard it hit me a couple months back with another weird story of on the night of his passing waking up to some weird feeling of something outside my door only to find nothing of course but his strong odor upstairs.

Could it all be a nothing? Maybe but it's strange.

Since I made the the thread, you guys have any paranormal things that happened to you? Maybe even involving dead loved ones?

I had a spooky happening similar to that, I had a weird dream during a nap I decided to take midday on a Saturday. In said dream I heard my mom and sister asking me if I checked on him. I kept responding "What do you mean?", they kept asking until I woke up. A few hours later my older sister texts me that grandpa had died and may have been dead for a few days before being checked on and my mom was freaking out asking if people had check on him.
Edit. No joke this actually happened.

Last edited:
So my dad recently passed away this year and it's been tough. I think and miss him everyday and still find myself getting very emotional thinking about the old man. Somedays are easier than others but it's part of life and you have to accept it and do your best to continue moving forward.

Early this morning I was woken up by a phone call from some random number. Usually if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail since 9/10 times to a scam call, telemarketer, etc.

For whatever reason I decided to pick up and was met with a brief period of silence and some weird background noise, like if the phone was muffled and a somehow faint but clear voice of what sounded like my dad saying, "G, thank/miss you". After that the call ended. I know for sure I heard, in his voice, "G" and "you".

This surprised the heck out of me because "G" was the nickname my dad used to call me all the time. I called the number back and was met with, "the number you have dial is disconnected or no longer in service".

I have always been interest in paranormal things but I'm also a bit of a skeptic. There are somethings I see where I can believe it but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that sort of doubts it.

I posted a thread about his passing and how hard it hit me a couple months back with another weird story of on the night of his passing waking up to some weird feeling of something outside my door only to find nothing of course but his strong odor upstairs.

Could it all be a nothing? Maybe but it's strange.

Since I made the the thread, you guys have any paranormal things that happened to you? Maybe even involving dead loved ones?

Pretty interesting stuff, man.

Also, sorry for your loss.

I lived in a haunted house for a few years. Skeptical as well, as far as I cant say for sure that the things that happened were caused by conscious entities, but they did happen.

I'm of the opinion that enough billions of interactions and random happenings occur on the world every day that strange coincidences like this will happen every now and then.

I'm of the opinion that enough billions of interactions and random happenings occur on the world every day that strange coincidences like this will happen every now and then.

im more of a "knower" than a believer but your point is still valid as very crazy coincidences and things do happen that are not paranormal too.

Only you know whether this actually happened. If it did, I don’t see a way how it can be explained away. People do look for signs etc, but these things do happen and there is often no rational explanation. I had a similar experience but it was much more sinister unfortunately.

Sorry to hear about your loss man.

If he had the power to call you, he would probably be able to communicate to you a lot more easily than just this one strange instance here.

Only you know whether this actually happened. If it did, I don’t see a way how it can be explained away. People do look for signs etc, but these things do happen and there is often no rational explanation. I had a similar experience but it was much more sinister unfortunately.

Sinister? Whoa, care to share?

I didn't wanna make a post about it but a few weeks ago I was getting my clothes out of the washing machine and I heard a man clear his throat (as if about to speak) behind me. Turned around and nothing was there. I live alone so needless to say I was pretty freaked out. Definitely have notice an increase in this type of thing in the last year or two as well. "Paranormal" stuff.

Sinister? Whoa, care to share?
Basically I dreamt about somebody who I had a falling out with and this person was really nice to me in my dream and was everything I wished they could have been (they were usually an awkward person who was tough to be around).

I thought about making contact, but I decided against it as I doubted that they would have changed.

I then had a dream a couple of weeks later and I dream about them again, but this dream wasn’t nice — they just told me how much they despised me. I then woke up and and a few minutes later I’m told that they had died.

The person had actually died about 10-14 days earlier, but I only found out after my bad dream.

If I’m looking to interpret this as something that is supernatural, I easily can. The first dream was me being called to get back in touch because he was about to pass away. He would have been on his deathbed at the time of the first dream. The second dream is either him telling me how mad he is that I left him, or it’s something demonic who is taking his form that is trying to mess with my head.

It could all just be a coincidence, but I struggle to just label it as that.

I did know that this person was going to die within the next couple of years, so it could have just been my subconscious self trying to tell me something. It’s just that the timing of the dreams is bizarre.

I don’t think he hated me, but he was likely fed a lot of bs about how I didn’t care. The person he was with when he died would have likely told him that she had called me and I just hung up the phone and didn’t care.

Last edited:
I didn't wanna make a post about it but a few weeks ago I was getting my clothes out of the washing machine and I heard a man clear his throat (as if about to speak) behind me. Turned around and nothing was there. I live alone so needless to say I was pretty freaked out. Definitely have notice an increase in this type of thing in the last year or two as well. "Paranormal" stuff.
Have you been spending more time at home this year due to lockdown and the virus? Your mind can easily mess with you if you spend a lot of time alone.

Back