Got a weird call this morning...(Paranormal-ish)

Basically I dreamt about somebody who I had a falling out with and this person was really nice to me in my dream and was everything I wished they could have been (they were usually an awkward person who was tough to be around).

I thought about making contact, but I decided against it as I doubted that they would have changed.

I then had a dream a couple of weeks later and I dream about them again, but this dream wasn’t nice — they just told me how much they despised me. I then woke up and and a few minutes later I’m told that they had died.

The person had actually died about 10-14 days earlier, but I only found out after my bad dream.

If I’m looking to interpret this as something that is supernatural, I easily can. The first dream was me being called to get back in touch because he was about to pass away. He would have been on his deathbed at the time of the first dream. The second dream is either him telling me how mad he is that I left him, or it’s something demonic who is taking his form that is trying to mess with my head.

It could all just be a coincidence, but I struggle to just label it as that.

I did know that this person was going to die within the next couple of years, so it could have just been my subconscious self trying to tell me something. It’s just that the timing of the dreams is bizarre.

I don’t think he hated me, but he was likely fed a lot of bs about how I didn’t care. The person he was with when he died would have likely told him that she had called me and I just hung up the phone and didn’t care.

Man. Really weird. Too weird to be a coincidence imo.

I've heard of cases like this before. A famous one being a mother having her son appear in her dream soaking wet and saying to her, "he's okay and everything will be alright." His mother then finds out that her son passed away on the other side of the world from drowning in a boating accident.

Multiple cases of these death premonitions.

My mother died 2 months ago

So 63 days in a row i have crazy vivid dreams..mostly filled with guilt and remorse as i have not been the best son..i mean i was ok..but for the unconditonal love she gave me..i should have been soo much loving and caring to her

Have you been spending more time at home this year due to lockdown and the virus? Your mind can easily mess with you if you spend a lot of time alone.

My laundry room is really quiet when the machines are stopped... it wasnt something I like barely heard or had to think about did I just hear that. It was right there. Imagine your in a super quiet room with no electronics running and a man about 10 feet away clears his throat. Not really any mistaking a sound like that.

So 63 days in a row i have crazy vivid dreams..mostly filled with guilt and remorse as i have not been the best son..i mean i was ok..but for the unconditonal love she gave me..i should have been soo much loving and caring to her

Sorry to hear about your mom passing. Dont beat yourself up, mothers understand how young men be with expressing feelings. She knows you loved her.

Man. Really weird. Too weird to be a coincidence imo.

I've heard of cases like this before. A famous one being a mother having her son appear in her dream soaking wet and saying to her, "he's okay and everything will be alright." His mother then finds out that her son passed away on the other side of the world from drowning in a boating accident.

Multiple cases of these death premonitions.
That’s a wild story, but it’s also a nice story. I do believe in premonitions. I do believe there was something supernatural in my case as well, but I don’t know what to do about it. I wish I had an incident that gave me some kind of closure, but it just did the opposite. I prefer to think logically and remember the amount of times this person told me that they loved me. I regularly have terrible dreams.

One more thing that also makes me think there had to something supernatural going on: I was hoping to get his belongings after I found that he passed, but the only problem was that I had no idea where the belongings were stored. The person who had his belongings was the person who he was with around the time he died, and they were always moving and had ran away after he died.

One night I managed to track down the area where they used to live and then I started asking people in the area if they had any idea where this person was. One person directed me to this farm type house that was super off the grid, but when I got there and knocked on the door, it was just a couple in their early thirties. The man was very kind though and he made a call to a person who lived in the area and that person said for me to try this other place. The guy in his thirties said for me to follow his car to the destination. The creepy thing is that when I glanced at his license plate, my name was on the license plate. It was just bizarre. We then arrived at the destination and the person I was looking for was there and they were beyond shook. They started hiding and I had to leave. They ended up mailing me his stuff a week later.

There’s just too many coincidences for me to label it as a coincidence. Thinking about it, this incident may have actually been the closure I was looking for.

My laundry room is really quiet when the machines are stopped... it wasnt something I like barely heard or had to think about did I just hear that. It was right there. Imagine your in a super quiet room with no electronics running and a man about 10 feet away clears his throat. Not really any mistaking a sound like that.
I certainly believe you heard it. I just know the mind can play tricks. You said that weird things have been happening frequently, so maybe there is really something to it. I have in houses that I felt were haunted. It can be horrible.

I've seen and experienced some strange things over the years. Some I can think of possible rational explanations for, but some I can't. You never know.

So my dad recently passed away this year and it's been tough. I think and miss him everyday and still find myself getting very emotional thinking about the old man. Somedays are easier than others but it's part of life and you have to accept it and do your best to continue moving forward.

Early this morning I was woken up by a phone call from some random number. Usually if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail since 9/10 times to a scam call, telemarketer, etc.

For whatever reason I decided to pick up and was met with a brief period of silence and some weird background noise, like if the phone was muffled and a somehow faint but clear voice of what sounded like my dad saying, "G, thank/miss you". After that the call ended. I know for sure I heard, in his voice, "G" and "you".

This surprised the heck out of me because "G" was the nickname my dad used to call me all the time. I called the number back and was met with, "the number you have dial is disconnected or no longer in service".

I have always been interest in paranormal things but I'm also a bit of a skeptic. There are somethings I see where I can believe it but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that sort of doubts it.

I posted a thread about his passing and how hard it hit me a couple months back with another weird story of on the night of his passing waking up to some weird feeling of something outside my door only to find nothing of course but his strong odor upstairs.

Could it all be a nothing? Maybe but it's strange.

Since I made the the thread, you guys have any paranormal things that happened to you? Maybe even involving dead loved ones?
Sorry your dad died. My mother went last year and it still gets me.

dreams are really powerful. I’ve swapped with my other half before to the same dream while we’re alsleep, knew my friend was pregnant when she had only just found out, and while this is the most ridiculous coincidence but don’t think paranormal or whatever had a dream that a guy (Sol Campbell @HughPhug) who played for my soccer team’s dad died and when I checked the football news when I woke up he had just passed away.

there is all sorts of weird stuff in our brains/soul/whatever you want to call it that we simply do not know.

I hope you get to see your dad again, and I hope I get to see my mum. I was in another country and had the same disease that was killing her so I didn’t get to say goodbye.

So my dad recently passed away this year and it's been tough. I think and miss him everyday and still find myself getting very emotional thinking about the old man. Somedays are easier than others but it's part of life and you have to accept it and do your best to continue moving forward.

Early this morning I was woken up by a phone call from some random number. Usually if I don't recognize the number I let it go to voicemail since 9/10 times to a scam call, telemarketer, etc.

For whatever reason I decided to pick up and was met with a brief period of silence and some weird background noise, like if the phone was muffled and a somehow faint but clear voice of what sounded like my dad saying, "G, thank/miss you". After that the call ended. I know for sure I heard, in his voice, "G" and "you".

This surprised the heck out of me because "G" was the nickname my dad used to call me all the time. I called the number back and was met with, "the number you have dial is disconnected or no longer in service".

I have always been interest in paranormal things but I'm also a bit of a skeptic. There are somethings I see where I can believe it but there's always that voice in the back of my mind that sort of doubts it.

I posted a thread about his passing and how hard it hit me a couple months back with another weird story of on the night of his passing waking up to some weird feeling of something outside my door only to find nothing of course but his strong odor upstairs.

Since I made the the thread, you guys have any paranormal things that happened to you? Maybe even involving dead loved ones?

Sorry for your loss Sherbro, My father also passed this year, outrageously tough year. I've been having loads and loads of vivid dreams about him and waking up thinking he's still about.

Sorry for your losses boys

My mother passed away five years ago. The first few months were rough.

She'd bought me a Darth Vader bank as a present; you put a coin in the slot and it played the Emperor's March while Vader's Light Sabre glowed and he said the iconic line,

"Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not a Jedi yet!"

About two months after her death, I was standing in my room and I suddenly got hit with a panic attack like I've never had before or since: I couldn't breath, my heart was pounding like I'd run up flights of stairs, flashing lights in front of my eyes. I genuinely thought I was going to die, and I remember thinking that it didn't scare me. I just felt sad because it would leave my father on his own...

And suddenly the Darth Vader bank started up. I was six feet away. I didn't touch it, wasn't even looking at it. But the music played and Darth moved and said his line just as though I'd jammed a £1 coin into the slot.

The panic attack faded and I could breath again.

Five years later, I still have the bank.

I rarely dream and nightmares are almost exclusively the "falling and wake up on impact" or "show up to the final exam naked and no idea what I'm doing." The exception has been a few instances when I have vivid nightmares that wake me up from a dead sleep when someone dies.
The first and the example that sticks to me the most:
I dreamt about my father and grandfather clawing to escape a rising tide of blood. Right about the time I woke up, they were 250mi away being told that my uncle and godfather, who was dad's best friend and granddad's favorite, had died from a blood clot in his lung.

I'm of the opinion that enough billions of interactions and random happenings occur on the world every day that strange coincidences like this will happen every now and then.

im more of a "knower" than a believer but your point is still valid as very crazy coincidences and things do happen that are not paranormal too.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syn...ronizität) is,seem to be meaningfully related.

Maybe we imagine signs because we need them. Maybe everything has a meaning but we only see them when we need.

My mother passed away five years ago. The first few months were rough.

She'd bought me a Darth Vader bank as a present; you put a coin in the slot and it played the Emperor's March while Vader's Light Sabre glowed and he said the iconic line,

"Impressive. Most impressive. But you are not a Jedi yet!"

About two months after her death, I was standing in my room and I suddenly got hit with a panic attack like I've never had before or since: I couldn't breath, my heart was pounding like I'd run up flights of stairs, flashing lights in front of my eyes. I genuinely thought I was going to die, and I remember thinking that it didn't scare me. I just felt sad because it would leave my father on his own...

And suddenly the Darth Vader bank started up. I was six feet away. I didn't touch it, wasn't even looking at it. But the music played and Darth moved and said his line just as though I'd jammed a £1 coin into the slot.

The panic attack faded and I could breath again.

Five years later, I still have the bank.

Whoa, beautiful stuff.

I've been having ridiculous insomnia past couple weeks. Many things have been on my mind, a major one still thinking about him and the way he went out. Its been rough leading to anxiety and jolting myself awake every time I'm close to falling asleep. At a point it felt like something bad was going to happen to me with how little to no sleep I was getting and having to wake up early for work constantly.

I had a really bad episode the night before I got his call but since then I've been sleeping well. Falling asleep like I used too.

I have heard of this occurring before. Exactly as you said.
I have also heard that some people have a hard time moving on from the death of a loved one and can result in them having a dream in which they communicate with that person, who sets their mind at ease with some things they say, and the person can then get over things a bit better.

I have two I know of personally. These are probably more for the threadstarter's interest than anyone else's.

My father was in a coma after a stroke (many years ago). We were basically waiting for him to die. We'd been there 2 -3 days so far and it could happen at any time. My mother and I were taking turns at his bedside and returning to our room on the hospital grounds to get sleep when we could.
On one occasion I went back to the room to sleep I was only asleep for around 30 mins or so and I remember waking with a massive fright. I can't remember exactly what happened but it was like I had a dream with someone yelling at me or something. I sat bolt upright in bed and think I was yelling myself as I woke. This had never happened to me before or since. I sat there for a few moments trying to figure out what had happened and whether I was going to go back to sleep or not.
My phone rang, it was a nurse from the ward, she said "You need to get up here straight away, as quick as you can".
I sprinted up and found out that he had died. The doctor was checking his vitals as I got there. My mother said he had awoken with a start and looked directly at her and then suddenly died.

Another incident I knew of was in high school, my best friend's father had cancer. One night my friend had a dream that his father came into his room and said words to the effect of "Son I have to leave you all, I've got to go. I need you to look after the family". He awoke the next day to find that his father had passed away in the night.
Some time later (it may have been after the funeral) he had a conversation with his 3 brothers and one sister to find they had all had the same dream on the same night.

I don't believe in ghosts and stuff but I don't think we fully understand all that is. There does appear to be 'something' else. I find ghost stories etc interesting and have noticed that some of the people that have had things happen are not liars or ones to even tell such stories.

Last edited:
I rarely dream and nightmares are almost exclusively the "falling and wake up on impact" or "show up to the final exam naked and no idea what I'm doing." The exception has been a few instances when I have vivid nightmares that wake me up from a dead sleep when someone dies.
The first and the example that sticks to me the most:
I dreamt about my father and grandfather clawing to escape a rising tide of blood. Right about the time I woke up, they were 250mi away being told that my uncle and godfather, who was dad's best friend and granddad's favorite, had died from a blood clot in his lung.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity#:~:text=Synchronicity (German: Synchronizität) is,seem to be meaningfully related.

Maybe we imagine signs because we need them. Maybe everything has a meaning but we only see them when we need.
We have endless interactions with the world every day through our senses. Multiply that by the billions of people in the world, and some eerie stuff is going to happen now and then. It's just chance. It reminds me of the idea of Survivorship Bias. All we hear about is the crazy stuff, and not the 99.999999% of everyday stuff.

Ponyo, if you are over tired like you sound like you are you are likely to get sleep paralysis. You can look that up (you probably already know as there have been many threads here about it). Where you are in this strange realm of not really being awake, not really asleep but weird shit happens and seems very real.

I've had it a fair bit in my life. It was getting pretty bad about a year ago. I started having recurring incidents of it where I was having a third person vision of an old woman standing over me whilst I slept. She had something in her hand, it looked like a centipede, and I could see her lowering it into my mouth. I would awake in a coughing fit. The coughing would not stop for about two minutes or so. I had this occur three to five times in a couple of weeks. The exact same old woman, same actions etc. It was really giving me the creeps. To the point I discussed it with some Catholic friend of mine. I'm pretty sure this is a good example of sleep paralysis.

Sleep is very important and weird shit happens when you are in sleep debt.

I have heard of this occurring before. Exactly as you said.
I have also heard that some people have a hard time moving on from the death of a loved one and can result in them having a dream in which they communicate with that person, who sets their mind at ease with some things they say, and the person can then get over things a bit better.

I have two I know of personally. These are probably more for the threadstarter's interest than anyone else's.

My father was in a coma after a stroke (many years ago). We were basically waiting for him to die. We'd been there 2 -3 days so far and it could happen at any time. My mother and I were taking turns at his bedside and returning to our room on the hospital grounds to get sleep when we could.
On one occasion I went back to the room to sleep I was only asleep for around 30 mins or so and I remember waking with a massive fright. I can't remember exactly what happened but it was like I had a dream with someone yelling at me or something. I sat bolt upright in bed and think I was yelling myself as I woke. This had never happened to me before or since. I sat there for a few moments trying to figure out what had happened and whether I was going to go back to sleep or not.
My phone rang, it was a nurse from the ward, she said "You need to get up here straight away, as quick as you can".
I sprinted up and found out that he had died. The doctor was checking his vitals as I got there. My mother said he had awoken with a start and looked directly at her and then suddenly died.

Another incident I knew of was in high school, my best friend's father had cancer. One night my friend had a dream that his father came into his room and said words to the effect of "Son I have to leave you all, I've got to go. I need you to look after the family". He awoke the next day to find that his father had passed away in the night.
Some time later (it may have been after the funeral) he had a conversation with his 3 brothers and one sister to find they had all had the same dream on the same night.

I don't believe in ghosts and stuff but I don't think we fully understand all that is. There does appear to be 'something' else. I find ghost stories etc interesting and have noticed that some of the people that have had things happen are not liars or ones to even tell such stories.

Wow. Thanks for the share. My dad went out to from a stroke and heart failure.

I also believe there are things we don't understand and never will. I never really had any paranormal or weird things happen to me before and have always been rational but these two incidents happening to me at the times they did, very strange.

Ponyo, if you are over tired like you sound like you are you are likely to get sleep paralysis. You can look that up (you probably already know as there have been many threads here about it). Where you are in this strange realm of not really being awake, not really asleep but weird shit happens and seems very real.

I've had it a fair bit in my life. It was getting pretty bad about a year ago. I started having recurring incidents of it where I was having a third person vision of an old woman standing over me whilst I slept. She had something in her hand, it looked like a centipede, and I could see her lowering it into my mouth. I would awake in a coughing fit. The coughing would not stop for about two minutes or so. I had this occur three to five times in a couple of weeks. The exact same old woman, same actions etc. It was really giving me the creeps. To the point I discussed it with some Catholic friend of mine. I'm pretty sure this is a good example of sleep paralysis.

Sleep is very important and weird shit happens when you are in sleep debt.

Man I hope not. I heard stories about sleep paralysis. I'll pass. I'm mainly a side sleeper and I heard that it seems to affect those that sleep on their backs and stomachs.

Back