Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill Review

SammyPops

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I was in Vegas last week and had a meal at Ramsay's place at Caesar's.

The decore was fine, nothing special. The tall stools with no back were annoying, difficult to really get confortable.

Service was slow and unhelpful. One women in our party asked if the Caesar salad was enough for a meal, and the waitress answered "its a letus salad ...... with letus ....". I asked her to recommend a stout. The look I received reminded me of when I moved my dog's food bowl.

The food! I had the lamb burger, and it came out rare, though the menu said it is served medium-well. I sent it back. Another person in our party had bangers and mash. Good- but very greasy. Our party member who asked about the salad, ordered the salad and enjoyed it.

We skipped desert.

There were positives. Our waitress was crazy hot. She was a blond with somewhat chinese eyes from oragon. The french fries rocked! The wine was nice and reasonably priced (for vetgas that is).

After watching several of Ramsay's shows, I was disapointed. Needless to say, he would have freaked out on the waitress and on the chef, to a lesser extent.

I doubt I'd go back to a Ramsay place.

Edit: I did get in and out burger the next day

I live in Vegas. Go to the Sugar factory. I had a burger there and it was friggen amazing. Pretty cheap also.

Well, if you wouldn't skip out on his 3-star restuarant because of a mediocre experience you had at a commercialized venue that isn't even on the star registry, then more power to ya. Also, i'm sorry your service was terrible. Las Vegans(?) are awful.

tumblr_inline_mrg1s3OlOc1qz4rgp.gif

Well, if you wouldn't skip out on his 3-star restuarant because of a mediocre experience you had at a commercialized venue that isn't even on the star registry, then more power to ya. Also, i'm sorry your service was terrible. Las Vegans(?) are awful.

tumblr_inline_mrg1s3OlOc1qz4rgp.gif

lol do you work for the guy or something?

I find most las vegans very friendly and helpful.

Celebrity chef chain restaurant in Vegas was filled with morons and tepid food?
I'm shocked!

lol do you work for the guy or something?

I find most las vegans very friendly and helpful.

Nah, we're terrible.
I just don't agree with your assessment about "never going to a Ramsay place again". I'd cut a toe off to go to one of his Michelin star venues. A pub? Not so much.

Sorry you had a bad experience, though, that's never good to hear.

I'm a big fan of letus though so it sounds like the waitress was being helpful by upselling the letus salad

Nah, we're terrible.
I just don't agree with your assessment about "never going to a Ramsay place again". I'd cut a toe off to go to one of his Michelin star venues. A pub? Not so much.

Sorry you had a bad experience, though, that's never good to hear.

Fair enough- maybe I need to be more clear. his star places in London and NYC (i think) are clearly different than other places with his name on the sign

oh and michelin is stupid, b/c they do not rate in Canadia

I saw the thread title and knew for certain it was going to be a negative review, because it's Ramsay and people love to throw crap at him. I mean, why else start a thread to review a bloody pub?

Lost at "letus" and "oragon."

Maybe I'm OCD, but I have trouble taking a review seriously when it has errors like this.

Fair enough- maybe I need to be more clear. his star places in London and NYC (i think) are clearly different than other places with his name on the sign

oh and michelin is stupid, b/c they do not rate in Canadia

Don't worry, they'll invade Canada and give out 3 stars like Candy as they did in Japan :)

And Michelin is pretty fucking strange, especially considering they refuse to give Noma 3 stars when pretty much everything i've heard, seen or read points to it as the best restaurant in Europe, let alone DA WORLD

I saw the thread title and knew for certain it was going to be a negative review, because it's Ramsay and people love to throw crap at him. I mean, why else start a thread to review a bloody pub?

I like ramsay. Just though I'd share :(

"Somewhat Chinese Eyes from Oragon" sounds like an ironic bob dylan electric era song title

Lost at "letus" and "oragon."

Maybe I'm OCD, but I have trouble taking a review seriously when it has errors like this.

lol really? Are you new here to the internet?

Hey, I'm not even an Amerucan so I do not even know what an an oragon is? I think it is either a small neighbourhood in New Mexico or some kind of private school :icon_chee

Don't worry, they'll invade Canada and give out 3 stars like Candy as they did in Japan :)

And Michelin is pretty fucking strange, especially considering they refuse to give Noma 3 stars when pretty much everything i've heard, seen or read points to it as the best restaurant in Europe, let alone DA WORLD

Noma came 2nd this year. This place is top now...

http://www.cellercanroca.com/index.htm

I'll be doing my 3rd trip to Copenhagen in the new year and I'm gonna try damn hard to get to Noma. Did you see Parts Unknown this week? Dayyyyyyum. I think Noma's a little too relaxed service wise to get that 3rd Michelin star, you need to snooty waiter offering you water every 3 seconds to get that shit.

I live in Vegas. Go to the Sugar factory. I had a burger there and it was friggen amazing. Pretty cheap also.

the sugar factory is awesome. i ate there every morning when i stayed at the Paris hotel.

lol really? Are you new here to the internet?

Hey, I'm not even an Amerucan so I do not even know what an an oragon is? I think it is either a small neighbourhood in New Mexico or some kind of private school :icon_chee

Lol no need to get defensive. I'm just sayin', if you're going to write a review, and make a thread to post said review, you could take a moment to edit it into roughly correct English. Amerucan, if you prefer.

It just detracts from the impact of the review. Sorry I mentioned it.

Back