Gordon Ramsay Pub & Grill Review

Watch all of Bourdain's shows. Even the getaway is pretty good and he's not even in it.
Was an avid follower of No Reservation & his earlier stuff but have slacked on the new CNN show.

^ Interesting show. Never heard of it before, thx Mick.

Only seen the first two episodes of Bourdains CNN show. Which episode would you guys recommend I watch?
Mind of a Chef might be my favorite cooking show of all time (that doesn't focus specifically on teaching the viewer how to cook). It's this and Ramsay's UK Kitchen Nightmares. I freaking loved that show.

Definitely watch the series pilot, "Ramen" aka "Noodle", next. After that it's fair game. Not sure if you saw the episode of "Munchies" with him, but that's awesome, and just 13min or so.

^ Interesting show. Never heard of it before, thx Mick.

Only seen the first two episodes of Bourdains CNN show. Which episode would you guys recommend I watch?

The Spain episode and the Copenhagen episodes were awesome.
He had a great one about New Mexico as well

The Spain episode and the Copenhagen episodes were awesome.

The Korea town episode was pretty great too. I like the older, wiser bourdain.

I was in Vegas last week and had a meal at Ramsay's place at Caesar's.

The decore was fine, nothing special. The tall stools with no back were annoying, difficult to really get confortable.

Service was slow and unhelpful. One women in our party asked if the Caesar salad was enough for a meal, and the waitress answered "its a letus salad ...... with letus ....". I asked her to recommend a stout. The look I received reminded me of when I moved my dog's food bowl.

The food! I had the lamb burger, and it came out rare, though the menu said it is served medium-well. I sent it back. Another person in our party had bangers and mash. Good- but very greasy. Our party member who asked about the salad, ordered the salad and enjoyed it.

We skipped desert.

There were positives. Our waitress was crazy hot. She was a blond with somewhat chinese eyes from oragon. The french fries rocked! The wine was nice and reasonably priced (for vetgas that is).

After watching several of Ramsay's shows, I was disapointed. Needless to say, he would have freaked out on the waitress and on the chef, to a lesser extent.

I doubt I'd go back to a Ramsay place.

Edit: I did get in and out burger the next day

A place like this doesn't need to be good when it's living off of it's name. Sadly there will always be a customer base of simps for a shitty place to thrive.

That the CNN one? Thanks for posting. Just watched it. It was pretty cool. When it comes to docs on NM , though, I think Bizarre Foods: New Mexico did a better job with the food part. Showed more of it. Brought up the Green Chile burger, which would become an instant favorite when you try one, and had a longer piece on a matanza. It's pretty cool. Check it out if you can find it.

i went b4. it was overrated and a bit pricey for wat we paid for

cmon ja'nel. u won hells kitchen...
pick up the slack

JaNel_Witt_Photo.jpg

#1: I've never seen any restaurant establishment serving wine that costs $2000.00+
That's unheard of!

#2: The waiter has to present the bottle and then uncork it in front of the customer.
The cork has to be presented and placed at the table before the pour.
A tiny amount of wine is poured into the glass of the customer ordering the wine. Once the nod of approval is given, the waiter pours the wine to everyone at the table starting with ladies first.
That's proper wine serving etiquette.

Really- I've seen crazy expensive wines in nice places.

I know how wine is presented. My question has more to do with the customer tasting the wine and believing it has gone bad. I've seen people send back wine b/c the cork had spoiled. I was just wondering what happens if someone sent back a very expensive bottle.

My bad, made an ugly assumption.

Sorry about that.

no worries. I was really looking forward to it, even though it was not one of his .... real places.

My real I guess I just mean he was not in the kitchen nor was it one of his stars

pick up the slack

She doesn't work there, supposedly failed a drug test before she started.

Anyone who doesn't know Noma should watch this 23-min episode of "Mind of a Chef". Crazy. I'll never forget the first time I saw this.
http://video.pbs.org/video/2304531253/

It's amazing how far he has come. I remember watching him in a documentary about people starting new businesses in Denmark. It hasn't been an easy road for him. He almost shut the entire thing down on several occasions.
Looking at the menu for Noma really makes you wonder though. Things like "spruce ice-cream", "whey", "ants on Cr

Last edited:

pick up the slack

JaNel_Witt_Photo.jpg

She didnt get the restaurant cause she tested dirty for cocaine

Back