GOP ramps up attacks on front-runner Donald Trump in wake of KKK endorsement

What are his white nationalist views? Border control?

No , not that. His statements on Mexican immigrants/illegals.

The way he phrased the below statements, makes it seem that Trump believes in general Mexicans are rapists and criminals.

" The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-the-republican-party-out-of-the-white-house/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...aid-about-latinos_us_55e483a1e4b0c818f618904b

Him wanting to totally ban Muslims from the US. Now you will be aware I am huge critic of Islam and Muslim establishment and there is a hufe intolerance problem in many Muslim countries as evidenced by polls showing support for intolerant Islamic laws but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of decent Muslims out there either. So I don't support Trump's ban on Muslims being allowed to come here.

Trump's exploitation and advocation for Birtherism. This is a quite blatantly racist argument the rightwing uses against Obama.

Him making a snide racist remark about Jeb Bush's Mexican American wife.

Him tweeting a false stat on Black crime, this is straight up White Nationalist fare.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2015/11/most-fascinating-thing-about-donald-trumps-racist-tweet

I think there is confusion because Duke isn't a member of the KKK, yet now Trump is apparently endorsing the KKK but it's not clear how.
Trump should have immediately denounced Dukes endorsement instead of playing games. Now the media is having a field day.

No , not that. His statements on Mexican immigrants/illegals.

The way he phrased the below statements, makes it seem that Trump believes in general Mexicans are rapists and criminals.

" The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...-the-republican-party-out-of-the-white-house/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...aid-about-latinos_us_55e483a1e4b0c818f618904b

Him wanting to totally ban Muslims from the US. Now you will be aware I am huge critic of Islam and Muslim establishment and there is a hufe intolerance problem in many Muslim countries as evidenced by polls showing support for intolerant Islamic laws but that doesn't mean there aren't a lot of decent Muslims out there either. So I don't support Trump's ban on Muslims being allowed to come here.

Trump's exploitation and advocation for Birtherism. This is a quite blatantly racist argument the rightwing uses against Obama.

The comment wasn't directed at Mexicans in general, but it's true it wasn't a nice thing to say about the illegal migrants from Mexico.

And yeah, his comments in regards to Muslim migrants I agree were pretty hardline. Although, I agree with him in that the proper solution is to build shelters for them closer to their homelands. That is the common sense solution IMO and Europe should really be focusing on that also.

I don't know in depth what positions he would really take (I think he's half hot air) but the problems he's pointing out are real but his stances and language are more hardline than what people are used to (I'd agree he does push the Muslim thing too hard). So I get the perceptions that people may form around those things.

Last edited:
Oh wow. I would agree he is positioned between Trump and Rubio right now because of the establishment/ anti-establishment sides but that doesn't reflect his ideology at all. He is by far the most conservative candidate in the race (and actually the past few if I'd look at a spectrum). I still can't believe someone said that to you though.
Yeah, the viable GOP candidates I favor always end up irritating me during campaigns because in order to be relevant they are inevitable forced to pander to the Tea Party wing types and cozy up to hard-right donors (such as Rubio who has been gunning hard for that Koch brother support ever since Tucker washed out). Indeed, Rubio has been no different.

But I know where he stands, and where we disagree. It plays to my favor. The stuff where he and I disagree, such as on homosexual marriage, he knows he doesn't have the political mojo to change. That's not changing any more than Roe vs. Wade is changing. I realize that not every battle is waged on the grandest stage, and that his overall administration will probably be less friendly to gay rights than I would prefer, but it's a sacrifice I have to consider unless I am willing to vote for Clinton, and I just despise that woman's lack of recognizable core values.

I mean, with Rubio, I know where he stands, and where he can get things done that I want, and where he can't get things done that I don't want. With Hillary I have no fucking clue what she'll be doing or saying 2 years from today.

Yeah, the viable GOP candidates I favor always end up irritating me during campaigns because in order to be relevant they are inevitable forced to pander to the Tea Party wing types and cozy up to hard-right donors (such as Rubio who has been gunning hard for that Koch brother support ever since Tucker washed out). Indeed, Rubio has been no different.

But I know where he stands, and where we disagree. It plays to my favor. The stuff where he and I disagree, such as on homosexual marriage, he knows he doesn't have the political mojo to change. That's not changing any more than Roe vs. Wade is changing. I realize that not every battle is waged on the grandest stage, and that his overall administration will probably be less friendly to gay rights than I would prefer, but it's a sacrifice I have to consider unless I am willing to vote for Clinton, and I just despise that woman's lack of recognizable core values.

I mean, with Rubio, I know where he stands, and where he can get things done that I want, and where he can't get things done that I don't want. With Hillary I have no fucking clue what she'll be doing or saying 2 years from today.

Yea, I think you have to somewhat be pragmatic to support the main GOP candidate knowing the social issues you mentioned don't really go any farther than campaign rhetoric. I could see Rubio pushing for 20 week ban on abortion but I don't see that as a bombshell if it passes. Gay marriage is here to stay and he even admitted it with a push to respecting the courts decision and saying he'd appoint conservative justices which wouldn't change anything now that it's in place. The courts would be in the wrong to ever turnaround on a new right granted like that, especially when society will grow to accept it more and more now that it's legalized. Gay marriage has always been the worst issue with the GOP. Not even the stance but how they positioned themselves. You can declare you disagree with a lifestyle but respect a person's right to live it. The GOP should've understood that far earlier before the courts had to pretty much shut it on their face and make them get to what Rubio is stating now.

The Klan certainly thinks Trump support their ideas. They called it treason not to vote for him. I cant think of anyone who understands Klan ideas better than the Klan.
"Klan ideas" and ideas the Klan supports is an important distinction you are failing to make.

Duke said he never endorsed Trump.

This is true to an extent; he said he wants people to vote for Trump, though he disagrees with Trump on some issues.

This is a free country though, and anyone can exercise freedom of speech to support any candidate they want. Seems like the media doesn't believe in the first amendment when it suits them.

As someone who majored in journalism and worked as a newspaper reporter, frankly, I'm disgusted by the so-called "objective" media we have in the US now.

Trump should have immediately denounced Dukes endorsement instead of playing games. Now the media is having a field day.

It hasn't caused him much problems so far. He's still the front runner for the GOP nomination, by a huge margin.

Many people will hold their nose and vote for Hildebeast, because any Democrat is better than a Republican. The GOP should do the same and throw all their weight behind Trump. Trying to stop him makes them look weak and divided, and gives Hilary a clear run to the White House.

She'll probably win no matter what the GOP do, so they might as well say fuck it and go out in a blaze of glory:)

Last edited:
Back