Google to acquire Twitch for $1bn: *Update* Twitch blocks copyrighted audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I don't see the appeal

It's good guide to decide wether you want to buy a game or not.

Most reviews by big sites are swayed (sponsored) more often than not.

If you're wondering wether those $60 are well spent, look up in twitch someone playing the game.

dr+evil.gif

Probably bad news. I hate all that Google+ crap.
It's growing on me. They scored major points when they recently introduced the Reminder feature for new episodes of TV shows you watch. I was maintaining my viewing schedule using a Microsoft Word document.

Frankly, regardless of their profits, I'm surprised it wasn't more than $1bn.

Fucking horrible news...Fuck google and it's google + bullshit...

I wonder what happens to streamers who have music playing in the background, do they have to stop playing the music?

Ugh seriously. Google+ is a complete failure I don't know why they continue to shove it down our throats in anyway that they can.
It's not a complete failure by sheer virtue of the fact that they've designed the entire Google experience around this cloud identity. I don't see it usurping Facebook as a social scrapbooking platform, anytime soon, but despite all the unattached fluff accounts, they're managing to integrate and network real identities into the service simply by forcing any Android phone users (and that's 80% of smartphone users now) to register their device using a Google+ account (instead of a Gmail account) in order access the Google Play Store. Gmail has been relegated to another satellite service maintained under the umbrella of Google+, not vice versa.

The real identity is the holy grail of the datamining paradigm on which virtually all of these tech-- and specifically software-first companies-- are built. This is what made Facebook so valuable. Remember when Facebook streamlined the signing up to new sites/services bullshit with 1-click? Sign in using Facebook. I loved it: classic creative capitalistic solution where both parties win. I was happy to save time in order to give them access to more pertinent and accurate information about me to direct towards advertisers. I'm in control of my pocketbook, so I really didn't care about this too much. For a long time Facebook had a monopoly on that. Not anymore...now you can sign in to all these new apps/services/sites using Google+.

Bottom line: if Google wants to shove something down our throats...they can. We can't stop them.

It's growing on me. They scored major points when they recently introduced the Reminder feature for new episodes of TV shows you watch. I was maintaining my viewing schedule using a Microsoft Word document.

Frankly, regardless of their profits, I'm surprised it wasn't more than $1bn.

Wow that is useful.

I cant wait for twitch to tell me this or that stream isnt available in my country due to copyright reasons.

Last edited:
Certain tournaments that broadcast on Twitch already do this.

This is to be expected considering the amount of money some streamers are making.

I just don't understand why they would. I don't go on twitch and watch streamers to listen to the music they're listening too.

twitch just shutdown justin.tv yesterday too. that site was basically all streams of copy written shows.

I just don't understand why they would. I don't go on twitch and watch streamers to listen to the music they're listening too.

The Final Fantasy MMO game that came out last year had a clause in their EULA saying streamers couldnt broadcast their game with third party music playing in the background.

Certain streamers i watch are pulling in around 300-400 dollars a day just from donations. An their subscriber numbers are insane to the point they are receiving somewhere around 5K a month from it. An all of them play music during the downtime of gaming.

How cool, YouTube is already ruining twitch. I laughed when twitch's own weekly show they do was muted because of this awful new system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back