good on gus, it wont happen again

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
Gus had a long layoff. What makes you say he was 100%? He can adjust just as much as Jones can. The rematch will be very interesting.

gustafsson will come back and knock jones the fuck out in the rematch, just like weidman is going to do.

This probably turns into Sonnen/Silva and unfortunately for Gus he is Sonnen in the rematch.

This probably turns into Sonnen/Silva and unfortunately for Gus he is Sonnen in the rematch.

Ew, They are no way the same. Can't wait for Post-Jones GUS lol xD

Ew, They are no way the same. Can't wait for Post-Jones GUS lol xD

Sonnen almost won the first fight, Gus almost won the first fight. In the rematch Silva crushed Sonnen, in the rematch of Jones/Gus, Gus probably gets smashed. They would seem an awfully lot alike at that point would they not?

Were you not watching the cracking leg, body and head kicks which Jones landed throughout the entire fight?

Guys are both young and both can learn a ton from this fight. It will be interesting to see who learns more. I feel the rematch will be great but a bit less competitive.

None of those head kicks landed, and he didn't throw any leg kicks after about midway through the third round.

Sonnen almost won the first fight, Gus almost won the first fight. In the rematch Silva crushed Sonnen, in the rematch of Jones/Gus, Gus probably gets smashed. They would seem an awfully lot alike at that point would they not?

LOL, where do some of you people come from?

lol. Gus has shown that he can evolve as a fighter.. he learned from the Phil Davis loss and has shown the best TDD on a non wrestling based fighter than I have ever seen last night

And Gus doesn't learn a lot from this and what it's like to be in a 25 minute fight now? It's pretty silly to assume one guy will improve from this fight and not the other.

No, its pretty silly to assume that I believe Gus would not improve.......of course he will!

Jones is just the better athlete in my eyes.

I fucking Hate JJ and I am swedish so guess whobi would want to win?

No, you and many others were just simultaneously crapping on Gustafsson while also worshipping Jones as some kind of immortal dark god.

The god bleeds.

To not recognize Gustafsson as a potent force at 205 at this point is the pinnacle of ignorance.

Everything said here was exactly what people said after the BJ vs frankie edgar 1 fight.

You guys never learn.

Here come the classy winners.

Motivated BJ, Chuck with that look in his eyes, Serious Silva....they now have a NEW...UNDISPUTED CHAMPION OF THE WORLD...."Jones being himself".

And Gus won't come back stronger and more prepared because??????

Because he was himself, but Jones was not. Obviously.

Only one of them can improve. Jones was some other person out there. I don't know if he was Serious Silva out there, or motivated BJ or healthy Shogun....but he was definitely possessed by someone else.

Yep. Jones wasn't himself. Anderson meant to get knocked out, and BJ's still feeling unmotivated.

LOL

+1. Gus will win a rematch, he's a bad matchup for JJ and JJ as great as he is, was exposed as beatable. JJ won because he got the Champ's benefit of the doubt, Gus beat him on rounds 3-2 and in total strikes thrown and landed and damage done.

Silva was losing the rematch before he started utilizing his new found TDD (grabbing shorts) and a mistake by Chael gave him a chance to capitalize, which he did with a very questionable knee.

Chael did not get smashed in that fight, he got finished in a fight he was winning until that point. That's not "getting smashed".

Yeah, Gus or Jones can get finished in the rematched but I don't see either one getting smashed in a lopsided fight.

If you look at the two, one of them seemed like he got smashed pretty bad. He was helped out of the octagon by two men, he was put on a stretcher and into an ambulance and rushed to the hospital, while the other did some interviews before he went to get checked as well.

Jones might have won a decision but he definitely lost the fight.

Back