good on gus, it wont happen again

• Thread starter Deleted member 385619
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 385619

Gus was unreal, no doubt. He lost a close fight legitimately.

I feel for him, not because he lost, because he is going to get thrashed in the rematch. Am I the only one who felt jones wasnt himself. Granted gus had something to do with that, but my money would comfortably be on jones.

Gus gave all he had, and lost. Jones will come back stronger and prepared. I fear the rematch will be far less competitive

Yep. Jones wasn't himself. Anderson meant to get knocked out, and BJ's still feeling unmotivated.

LOL

Just like Shogun won't be able to do it to Machida again.

Oh, wait....

Jones being himself steamroll everyone. "Jones being himself" is P4P GOAT

Jones just met his match, someone who didn't he have as much of a reach/height advantage against as he usually does. Hopefully Gus can come back, try to be more tactical with his energy utilization in earlier rounds and finish what he started

I don't know if I would say he wasn't himself, but I seriously doubt Jones expected to spend 99% of that fight standing the way they did, which probably threw him off a lot. It'll be interesting to see if he even tries to use his wrestling in the rematch or just trains for a pure standup fight.

Jones was himself.

His striking and wrestling just isn't as effective when he doesn't enjoy every physical advantage in the book. Watch the entire Bonnar fight to see my point.

Gus needs to work on reading Jones's tells for his spinning elbow and he should win a rematch no problem. He got too confident in the 4th and paid for it, because he was winning and he felt it, but it won't happen next time. If he can avoid the elbows, Jones won't have anything for him.

Gus was unreal, no doubt. He lost a close fight legitimately.

I feel for him, not because he lost, because he is going to get thrashed in the rematch. Am I the only one who felt jones wasnt himself. Granted gus had something to do with that, but my money would comfortably be on jones.

Gus gave all he had, and lost. Jones will come back stronger and prepared. I fear the rematch will be far less competitive

And Gus won't come back stronger and more prepared because??????

expect Shogun outscored Machida in first fight.

gustaffson didn't

yes he did, fightmetric is paid by the UFC and 90 of jones's significant strikes were jab kicks to the knee.

I remember during the fight they were going on about how Gus landed 200+ strikes, but it magically went down to 120 and i bet every single time jones did a pirouette it counted as a significant strike on the air.

I think the toe was more of a factor that anyone thought .... no way in 6 months a torn off dislocated toe is 100% ... Jones won't make that excuse but i will for him....

Everyone on here is delusional if they don't think it was 3-2 Jones .... Jones rounds 3, 4, 5 were all his ....

fuck this site i am out of here!

be back tomorrow

yes he did, fightmetric is paid by the UFC and 90 of jones's significant strikes were jab kicks to the knee.

I remember during the fight they were going on about how Gus landed 200+ strikes, but it magically went down to 120 and i bet every single time jones did a pirouette it counted as a significant strike on the air.

And Rogan is paid by the UFC and he was on Gus nuts the whole fight.

I think the toe was more of a factor that anyone thought .... no way in 6 months a torn off dislocated toe is 100% ... Jones won't make that excuse but i will for him....

Everyone on here is delusional if they don't think it was 3-2 Jones .... Jones rounds 3, 4, 5 were all his ....

fuck this site i am out of here!

be back tomorrow
Except if you scored round 3 for jones instead of round 2 you are retarded.

Exactly what is Jones going to thrash Gus with? If anything Jones will be in for a tougher fight in a rematch because now Gus knows what it's like to be in a 25 minute fight and will likely have improved cardio next time.

Back