• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Forgotten 90s Movies

MV5BMmVhZjhlZDYtMDAwZi00MDcyLTgzOTItOWNiZjY0YmE0MGE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR88,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

images

MV5BNzViMTE0YTItZTEyZS00ZDk5LWI4OWEtZmI4YzE3NzllYTUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY268_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

movieposter.jpg

MV5BZDI4ODJlNGUtNjFiMy00ODgzLWIzYjgtMzgyZTljZDQ2NGZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UY1200_CR86,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

I loved Bowfinger with Steve Martin and Eddie Murphy so damn much, but I felt like it never really got much mainstream love.

"Stunt Drivers"

Xdr4uU.gif

Y-X9IZ.gif

tenor.gif

t6m1O9.gif

I feel Candyman lives on in the popular consciousness. Very good cerebral horror movie that has endured, I think.

Good choices all around. I'd say Ten Things I Hate About You was the most fun of those resurgent 90s teen movies. Ledger, Stiles, JGL, Krumholtz, Alex Mack and the rest of the cast were damn good. Entertaining movie.

I'm torn on I Know What You Did Last Summer. Pretty good slasher pic, but there are things that really irk me about it. I feel that Philippe goes waaaay beyond the beyond over the top in how aggressive of a piece of shit he is. Also Freddie Prinze Jr. was too much of a red herring. You end up having to curb the plot just to make him seem more like he's guilty. There's really no reason for The Fisherman to not go after Ray, but he doesn't with any of the intensity or hatred that he has for the other three. The only excuse for that is plot service so that you can have Prinze as the red herring. I mean, what are the reasons Ben would largely leave him alone? Because he's the nicest dude of the four? Don't think that factors into psychotic hook man's mindset. Because he went to visit the sister of who he thought they killed? Nahh. Because he's also a fisherman? Maybe...

I'm thinking way too much into a slasher film, but I just felt like certain devices in the movie were lame. Still, some good suspense and an entertaining film all around. Just not on par with the Scream movies.

Was going to mention The Good Son.

Super creepy

Feel like it got a lot of hate undeservedly so. Ultra creepy and unnerving thriller. I remember watching that Mr. Highway shit even when I was rewatching as a teenager and being freaked out by it. And most horror movies and what not did not even bother me in the slightest by that point.

The one big criticism I'd say is that Macauley doesn't always sell it. His malevolence is at times quite convincing, but, in other moments, you can really see the artifice and it takes you out of the movie. "Don't fuck with me," seemed like real transparent "ohhhhh shit kid from Home Alone said that," moment.

But who sells the shit out of that movie is Elijah Wood. Great performance from a young actor.

Very late 90s, mind you, but

Thoroughly entertaining. Doug Liman is underrated.

go.jpg

Hackers I think is on the verge of being forgotten. I made a thread about it a while back and it got very few responses. And the only person I ever hear mention it these days is . . . me.

Please, let's don't forget Hackers! Hack the planet!

Hackers I think is on the verge of being forgotten. I made a thread about it a while back and it got very few responses. And the only person I ever hear mention it these days is . . . me.

Please, let's don't forget Hackers! Hack the planet!

Been way too long since I've seen it. Can barely recall. I'll have to give it another view.

Back