• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Good Forgotten 90s Movies

Been way too long since I've seen it. Can barely recall. I'll have to give it another view.

It's a wacky movie but I still love it and I'll probably always love it.

There's really no other film like it. It is entirely unique on the landscape of films. Love it or hate it, Iain Softley had a vision.

Also, you could certainly make an argument for this being prime Angelina Jolie:

angelina-jolie-hackers-021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Craft is another film that I have always really liked that you never hear a peep about anymore.

giphy.gif

tumblr_ney778i1g51tjydheo3_500.gif

The Craft is another film that I have always really liked that you never hear a peep about anymore.

giphy.gif

tumblr_ney778i1g51tjydheo3_500.gif

Fairuza Balk was an inspiration for a teenage me.

American History X inspired a lot of work...

Feel like it got a lot of hate undeservedly so. Ultra creepy and unnerving thriller. I remember watching that Mr. Highway shit even when I was rewatching as a teenager and being freaked out by it. And most horror movies and what not did not even bother me in the slightest by that point.

The one big criticism I'd say is that Macauley doesn't always sell it. His malevolence is at times quite convincing, but, in other moments, you can really see the artifice and it takes you out of the movie. "Don't fuck with me," seemed like real transparent "ohhhhh shit kid from Home Alone said that," moment.

But who sells the shit out of that movie is Elijah Wood. Great performance from a young actor.

I remember when The Good Son first came out. I was I guess like 12 years old or so. And I was really interested in seeing Macaulay Culkin try to play a villain.

And then I saw the movie and thought it actually was kind of dull.

Maybe I should revisit it.

Speaking of Macaulay Culkin, holy shit, what a weird career and life that guy has had.

Fairuza Balk was an inspiration for a teenage me.

American History X inspired a lot of work...

I always liked her. Too bad she just kind of faded away as a performer.

Can't remember the last time I saw her in anything.

The good old days where women didn't come in with a load of attitude to somehow match the guys roles and gradually turn the movie into a melodrama. Completely ruined modern action movies.

I remember when The Good Son first came out. I was I guess like 12 years old or so. And I was really interested in seeing Macaulay Culkin try to play a villain.

And then I saw the movie and thought it actually was kind of dull.

Maybe I should revisit it.

Speaking of Macaulay Culkin, holy shit, what a weird career and life that guy has had.

Seems like a textbook case of your family kind of fucking over your career and your experience with said career due to mismanagement.

I mean it's weird how most child actors have horrible experiences, but then you get guys like Bale and Bateman who made seemingly seamless transitions. I've never heard either of those guys talk about what their experience was like as young actors, but it's great to see that they are among the relatively small group that made it.

Pretty sure the Culk dated Mila Kunis for like half a decade though so they guy was doing something right.

Yeah it is too bad. I'm seriously struggling to remember prominent roles of hers even after The Waterboy. And that's going back almost twenty years.

You might be interested in Lost Soul, the documentary about the making of the Island of Dr. Moreau.

I think it's impossible to think about movies like The Relic, The Craft, Phantoms, etc. and not think of a very specific period in my life- namely, middle school years. The 90s was a cool time.

Yeah it is too bad. I'm seriously struggling to remember prominent roles of hers even after The Waterboy. And that's going back almost twenty years.

I'm looking at her IMDB right now.

Apparently she was in Almost Famous and Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Those are the only two movies I that guess I saw her in since The Waterboy.

Apparently she also was in seven episodes of Ray Donovan. I don't watch it but I know it's fairly popular.

Chaplin. Won awards(I believe) but hardly is talked about.
Millers Crossing
Seven Years in Tibet
Beautiful Girls

She had a weird look. Only really hot if you were into that dirty goth punk chick look. Perfect white trash 10.

Back