Social GoldenWolf's COVID Vaccine/Lockdown Protest megathread

Is this reasonable? or a slippery slope?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once I heard the J and J jabs weren't mNRA, I figured they'd make the move to phase them out. They clearly want everyone taking these mRNA vaccines. If the government and media is saying that the J and J is the most dangerous, then its probably the safest in actuality.
J&J paralyzed my co-workers father. Blood clot to the brain, stroke, paralysis. Old Mexican rancher with no health care coverage too. He didn't even want to "get the jab" and was pressured into doing it.

Once I heard the J and J jabs weren't mNRA, I figured they'd make the move to phase them out. They clearly want everyone taking these mRNA vaccines. If the government and media is saying that the J and J is the most dangerous, then its probably the safest in actuality.
They are all harmful

Injecting spike protein into your brapper is never a good idea, don't take any of them unless you want to risk your health and encourage the soy totalitarianism rituals

My sister had COVID-19 twice. Once at the start of the pandemic and then again last February. She went and got tested for the antibodies and had 0.

She was frustrated and didn't want to go through COVID-19 again and got the vaxx.

...take that for what it's worth.
No she didn’t the cdc and thousands of other doctors and epidemiology experts already have ruled that impossible and just due to faulty testing.

Alright everyone.... what should I do?

I had CV-19 (pre-Delta) in January of this year 2021. I was sick for nearly two weeks and recovered fine.

Last Thursday, I went to Disneyland. I came down Saturday with a pretty viscous Cold, or perhaps Omicron? I'm not sure... I'm still sick with sore throat, head ache, sinuses going crazy, sneezing, light coughing... it's not in my lungs. Should I try and go get tested for Omicron? Does anyone know if the current tests would show that result if positive for that variant?

The CDC says they have no record of anyone having Covid twice. So it's probably just a cold.

They are all harmful

Injecting spike protein into your brapper is never a good idea, don't take any of them unless you want to risk your health and encourage the soy totalitarianism rituals
Oh, they're all harmful no doubt. But the others are probably worse. I know how the media and government operate.

That's what I think. I am much better today, but now my wife and son have this Cold. It's a real bitch, but far better than when we had CV-19. I could see Omicron being about like this Cold.

I have a weak cold ATM. Dryish throat and some minor runny nose. Hasn't hampered my training at all and in fact ive smashed records this week with having a sniffle.

Exercise FTW.

This whole thing has been so insane. They tell you that omicron is so dangerous because it evades the vaccine. But then you see institutions mandating a "booster" injection of the very same drug that can't stop the variant! Imagine if your school or work mandated you getting the flu shot from 2 years ago?

I've been busy and haven't followed: are there any studies at this point indicating boosters protect against Omicron?

The population density in Australia is 3 per Km² (9 people per mi²). Florida's population density 405.45 per mi².
So no, they aren't comparable at all.
And of course, Australia is a island in the middle of nowhere (no offense here, I've been to Australia and love the country and its people but it is what it is) and Florida is a major tourist state in the one the most populated countries in the world.

They aren't comparable because it doesn't fit the Florida is awesome narrative. I don't get why it's such a big deal. Obviously there are differences, but it shows a different strategy and the possible results. Yes borders etc were closed and Florida didn't do that, that's the whole idea of the comparison. Australia is bigger, but the population is based around the coastal areas. The middle of the country is barely used.

The funniest thing is people have taken this as an attack on Florida. It isn't that at all. It's just a comparison in strategies against covid.
They stayed open and actually rolled out vaccines/treatments really well. It doesn't change that more people died.

Glad we have @maxicuck__ in here to offer a different opinion about this (soying out completely)

Inb4 oh I don't like these things at all but actually things are completely normal in Australia, nothing to see here, and if they are not, then people are stupid not to comply

Smh

I wonder if it's the same bestie she went on a holiday with and had a fight with recently...
Seems weird as it hasn't happened to anyone else. Maybe her room mates are hardcore vaxers.
Got to love an attention grabbing twitter post though with no context.

Perritot or however you spell it doesn't seem to have lockdowns in mind.

Tbf he isn't vaccinated himself so why would he care...

People are scared enough they'll lock themselves inside, let the others live their life.

As the diaz bros say "don't be scared homie"

Let's hope everyone just adopts that strategy now.

In fairness bud my restrictions only just started today.. until now I've been completely unaffected by the pandemic. Had 1 weekend of mask mandate and one weekend of " restrictions ". The entire pandemic... as I said. Not even 2300 covid cases all pandemic. 7 deaths in my state. Approximately 5.2 million population.. free as a bird the entire time for me. Less rules than even you guys. correct me if I'm wrong but other states have restricted Floridians from entering at different times during the pandemic. ??

That makes no sense man. Obviously Australia will have more old people... we have a extra 5 million people compared to Florida... but by capita?? Hell no.

average age in Florida is 42. Average age of Australians is 37... Florida has a much more concentrated % of older people.. it's known as their retirement state for a reason.

Plus comparing Australia to Florida is a pretty silly comparison. Considering roughly half of Australia's population has not had to deal with covid at all..

Only nsw and Victoria have really had the pandemic.. and even then.. only their capital cities.. ( Melbourne and Sydney have really suffered the brunt. ) regionally it hasn't spread remotely close to the numbers seen there.

It's a silly comparison comparing Australia to Florida. Because our " success " is based on the fact that the rest of the country prevented it from becoming a pandemic/ epidemic.. not vaccination rates or anything like that. prevention of it becoming epidemic has had the biggest impact..

This is why I think you're a bit delusional with the pandemic being almost over and the unvaccinated / vaccinated thing being nearly over. You're very focused on only nsw/ Vic. As I said .. I'm glad you guys are going back to a version of " normal ". Comes at a cost to Qlders rights tho. And will also come with a death toll country wide. It's why all the crap about get vaccinated protect the vulnerable.. don't be selfish get vaccinated for others health annoyed and still annoys me. Well I'm safer now... fuck yas is how I take it.

Apart from Sydney and Melbourne the entire country has not really had to deal with covid.... it's not nearly
done.. and it's not even started.

You are about to witness the same hatred and blame the unvaccinated have had put on them turn on Melbournians and Sydney siders. You think nobodies going to point the blame at you guys who've just spread covid to the entire country? You're a bit delusional mate. This is what I meant when our countries personality has changed drastically..

The entire country if you take nsw and Victoria out has had only 7200 cases of covid...... 50 deaths ...... the remaining 230 odd thousand cases are all split between Vic and nsw.

Victoria 141k cases 1436 deaths. Pop 6.68 million ( vast majority in melb pop 5million. )
Florida 3.72m cases 62k deaths. Pop 21.8m

So to use extremely rough maths.

If we were to use current rates. Vic would be going around 37k deaths for 3.7m cases. ( once again.. rough maths ). 141k cases 1436 death . 1000 deaths per 100k. . 10 000 deaths per million cases. 3.7 million = 37k deaths.

Then take into account the older population... the fatter population ( no offence Floridians) the population density Florida has a population density of 405.45 per square mile.

Victoria has a population density of 25 people per square kilometer or 64 per square mile.

And you begin to see there wouldn't be much difference at all between the 2... that's not even including length of time they've been endemic / amount of travellers etc etc etc.

This comparison is far more accurate than aus v Florida.

You are forgetting that whilst the vaccine doesn't stop spread it has been shown to lessen seriousness o
In fairness bud my restrictions only just started today.. until now I've been completely unaffected by the pandemic. Had 1 weekend of mask mandate and one weekend of " restrictions ". The entire pandemic... as I said. Not even 2300 covid cases all pandemic. 7 deaths in my state. Approximately 5.2 million population.. free as a bird the entire time for me. Less rules than even you guys. correct me if I'm wrong but other states have restricted Floridians from entering at different times during the pandemic. ??

That makes no sense man. Obviously Australia will have more old people... we have a extra 5 million people compared to Florida... but by capita?? Hell no.

average age in Florida is 42. Average age of Australians is 37... Florida has a much more concentrated % of older people.. it's known as their retirement state for a reason.

Plus comparing Australia to Florida is a pretty silly comparison. Considering roughly half of Australia's population has not had to deal with covid at all..

Only nsw and Victoria have really had the pandemic.. and even then.. only their capital cities.. ( Melbourne and Sydney have really suffered the brunt. ) regionally it hasn't spread remotely close to the numbers seen there.

It's a silly comparison comparing Australia to Florida. Because our " success " is based on the fact that the rest of the country prevented it from becoming a pandemic/ epidemic.. not vaccination rates or anything like that. prevention of it becoming epidemic has had the biggest impact..

This is why I think you're a bit delusional with the pandemic being almost over and the unvaccinated / vaccinated thing being nearly over. You're very focused on only nsw/ Vic. As I said .. I'm glad you guys are going back to a version of " normal ". Comes at a cost to Qlders rights tho. And will also come with a death toll country wide. It's why all the crap about get vaccinated protect the vulnerable.. don't be selfish get vaccinated for others health annoyed and still annoys me. Well I'm safer now... fuck yas is how I take it.

Apart from Sydney and Melbourne the entire country has not really had to deal with covid.... it's not nearly
done.. and it's not even started.

You are about to witness the same hatred and blame the unvaccinated have had put on them turn on Melbournians and Sydney siders. You think nobodies going to point the blame at you guys who've just spread covid to the entire country? You're a bit delusional mate. This is what I meant when our countries personality has changed drastically..

The entire country if you take nsw and Victoria out has had only 7200 cases of covid...... 50 deaths ...... the remaining 230 odd thousand cases are all split between Vic and nsw.

Victoria 141k cases 1436 deaths. Pop 6.68 million ( vast majority in melb pop 5million. )
Florida 3.72m cases 62k deaths. Pop 21.8m

So to use extremely rough maths.

If we were to use current rates. Vic would be going around 37k deaths for 3.7m cases. ( once again.. rough maths ). 141k cases 1436 death . 1000 deaths per 100k. . 10 000 deaths per million cases. 3.7 million = 37k deaths.

Then take into account the older population... the fatter population ( no offence Floridians) the population density Florida has a population density of 405.45 per square mile.

Victoria has a population density of 25 people per square kilometer or 64 per square mile.

And you begin to see there wouldn't be much difference at all between the 2... that's not even including length of time they've been endemic / amount of travellers etc etc etc.

This comparison is far more accurate than aus v Florida.

The entire point is the difference in strategies for the comparison. Florida remained opened and allowed people from other areas into it's state nearly the entire time.
They also did really well in the vaccine rollout and treatment for covid whilst remaining open the whole time.

Australia did the opposite. They went shelter in place, locked people out and prevented movement within Australia as a whole. The vaccine rollout sucked initially and we are still rocking steroids and intubation as our treatment options primarily.

That and the similar population size is why I compare the two. It's near polar opposites. Yes only NSW and Vic have had extended lockdowns within their state, but as you said that was achieved by limiting all movement from outside those areas. The whole issue now is the return of interstate unrestricted in Australia and you are right that cases will probably sky rocket in places with no covid. Let's just hope we don't see a massive jump in deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back