Going to watch 173 with the new girlfriend

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
How horrendously bad could this go? Honestly I'm nervous. She's never watched or even really knows what mma is. Turning to that Saturday after the blackhawks game ends.

If this ends one of two ways it'll suck. I think we'll only catch the main 3 fights, but if one of them turns into a Lauzon or Bigfootesque bloodbath I don't even know what I'd say. If those three fights go to boring ass decisions it would be pretty lame as well for her view of me.

Just depseratly hoping for like 2 finishes and a decent decision. Get a quick ko where the ref doesn't have a late stoppage and then maybe a submission would be beautiful.

Anyone else get nervous about watch UFC with women who don't train? Just don't want her to think I'm an animal or overcompensating if you know what I mean

If Sexyama was on the card she'd jump you in a matter of seconds.

your a sweetheart. she doesn't deserve you. if she don't like it then its her loss, she'll regret it forever.

You must have a vibe if she would be chill with it or not?

I watch with my GF quite often and she likes it.

She's Irish though.

Please tell me it isn't a date.

Don't act like a just bleeder and yell and shit

I don't really tell anyone in an MMA fan though. Dat feel when you're a little embarrassed of the drunken frat boy image of it

Ouch, a shame there couldn't have been a more marketable fighter to try to reel her in. I know my ex loved GSP and always wanted to see his fights. As shallow as it seems your only real hope of her being super into it the fight is if there is a handsome fighter headlining.

Start telling her about the fighters and their stories. This would add a little more interest.

Please tell me it isn't a date.

Haha no. I'm not that stupid. Said she wanted to get together to watch the hockey game which I definitely want to, just said I'd like to head out right after and go to a buddies where a group of us split the ppv. She asked if there'd be any other girls there and I said yeah, the guy's girlfriend always watched with us and she just asked if she could come along to after the Blackhawks hopefully don't look as horrendous as they did last night.

Don't act like a just bleeder and yell and shit

I don't really tell anyone in an MMA fan though. Dat feel when you're a little embarrassed of the drunken frat boy image of it

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. We're all grapplers tho, so all the commentary is analyzing it. And getting especially vocal about what he should/shouldn't be doing on the ground

Ouch, a shame there couldn't have been a more marketable fighter to try to reel her in. I know my ex loved GSP and always wanted to see his fights. As shallow as it seems your only real hope of her being super into it the fight is if there is a handsome fighter headlining.

Don't need her to become super into it, so long as she's accepting. I just don't want her thinking of the aforementioned frat boy just bleed of me.

Just drink and have fun, do some explanation to her on what's happening, don't yell shit, tell her the fighters you're rooting for, their background etc.

If she doesn't have some big problem with blood you will be fine.

How horrendously bad could this go? Honestly I'm nervous. She's never watched or even really knows what mma is. Turning to that Saturday after the blackhawks game ends.

If this ends one of two ways it'll suck. I think we'll only catch the main 3 fights, but if one of them turns into a Lauzon or Bigfootesque bloodbath I don't even know what I'd say. If those three fights go to boring ass decisions it would be pretty lame as well for her view of me.

Just depseratly hoping for like 2 finishes and a decent decision. Get a quick ko where the ref doesn't have a late stoppage and then maybe a submission would be beautiful.

Anyone else get nervous about watch UFC with women who don't train? Just don't want her to think I'm an animal or overcompensating if you know what I mean

I'm sure you are.

Take her out to do something she likes you selfish dick. If she's your new girlfriend you should be worried about making her happy not making her sit around while you scream at TV of men beating the fuck out of each other.

Take her out to do something she likes you selfish dick. If she's your new girlfriend you should be worried about making her happy not making her sit around while you scream at TV of men beating the fuck out of each other.

Wonder who will take the obvious bait...

I'll take the obvious bait to end it. Been doing stuff she liked past 2 weeks, then the hockey game is mutual, then she was the one who asked to come to watch 173 with me. I wasn't going to throw that out there, just asking if she minded that I didn't stick around after the game ended.

I'm sure you are.

You son a bitch. Made me laugh

If she likes Hockey i'm not really sure what you are worried about?

Yo, TS....next time you or anyone starts a thread about their GF attach a picture!

I'll take the obvious bait to end it. Been doing stuff she liked past 2 weeks, then the hockey game is mutual, then she was the one who asked to come to watch 173 with me. I wasn't going to throw that out there, just asking if she minded that I didn't stick around after the game ended.

Have you consummated the relationship? If so I can sign off on your plan.

Back