Going to watch 173 with the new girlfriend

Is this a new girl, or have you ben together for a while? I'd only trust the latter with the knowledge that I watch the (pseudo)sport of TapouT douches. The way MMA is presented to the masses is embarrassing.

You must have a vibe if she would be chill with it or not?

I watch with my GF quite often and she likes it.

She's Irish though.

Please tell me it isn't a date.

This made me lol. My girl is Irish too. She really likes it as well, apart from some hard to watch late stoppages. Took a while for her to get into it, but at one point that fighting Irish spirit takes over I guess :icon_chee

I think the real quesion is....

Do you have condoms, lube and a tazer?

Face the pain, face the pain.

Break up with her. Judging by the context you can't handle her. Save yourself pain/embarrassment.

My girlfriend likes all the fights, and she actually likes when they start to grapple. I think she actually appreciates the skill.

And pecs.

This made me lol. My girl is Irish too. She really likes it as well, apart from some hard to watch late stoppages. Took a while for her to get into it, but at one point that fighting Irish spirit takes over I guess :icon_chee

Cool - where is she from? - Actually heading over to Dublin to meet the parents next week haha - Maybe i'll run into 'The GOAT'...

I've only shown MMA to two of my GFs including my current one. I've never had any problems with it tbh, and both of them had never seen it before I started dating them. My first GF was an extreme feminist and hated the ring girls and stupid shit like that so I stopped inviting her after that. My new one doesn't care for it, but is able to look past the stuff like that. If she watches the fights with me, and it's just us then we usually bust out a game of scrabble or chess or something to keep her occupied

This should be a test to see if you need a new, new girlfriend or not. Watch the entire card and act however you normally would and go from there.

Cool - where is she from? - Actually heading over to Dublin to meet the parents next week haha - Maybe i'll run into 'The GOAT'...

Family from the fathers side is originally from Tipperary now living in the UK. Proper Irish though, my father in law still speaks gealic if he's drunk (since he's Irish that's like every other day :icon_chee). Plenty of goats in Ireland I've heard. Doubt you will find one in the city center of Dublin, but I hope you see one while you're there :icon_chee

I've only shown MMA to two of my GFs including my current one. I've never had any problems with it tbh, and both of them had never seen it before I started dating them. My first GF was an extreme feminist and hated the ring girls and stupid shit like that so I stopped inviting her after that. My new one doesn't care for it, but is able to look past the stuff like that. If she watches the fights with me, and it's just us then we usually bust out a game of scrabble or chess or something to keep her occupied

Go to a bar with friends and she'll see other girls who are into it too. Works every time.

Is this a new girl, or have you ben together for a while? I'd only trust the latter with the knowledge that I watch the (pseudo)sport of TapouT douches. The way MMA is presented to the masses is embarrassing.

Agree 100%

My ex was cool with it. She didn't get too invested, but she started to take a liking to it eventually. Same thing happened with me. She'd watch her Survivor and Big Brother and I'd be bored and watch. Then slowly, I went from not giving a shit to picking out favorites and trying to scheme gameplay.

She had her favorites, for obvious reasons. GSP, Gus, Chael, Shogun.

Its tough watching UFC events with non fans, they talk shit about it when its going on; super frustrating.

Go to a bar with friends and she'll see other girls who are into it too. Works every time.

I'm sure it does, but I try to do everything I can to avoid going to watch the fights at a bar

Back