Going to watch 173 with the new girlfriend

How horrendously bad could this go? Honestly I'm nervous. She's never watched or even really knows what mma is. Turning to that Saturday after the blackhawks game ends.

If this ends one of two ways it'll suck. I think we'll only catch the main 3 fights, but if one of them turns into a Lauzon or Bigfootesque bloodbath I don't even know what I'd say. If those three fights go to boring ass decisions it would be pretty lame as well for her view of me.

Just depseratly hoping for like 2 finishes and a decent decision. Get a quick ko where the ref doesn't have a late stoppage and then maybe a submission would be beautiful.

Anyone else get nervous about watch UFC with women who don't train? Just don't want her to think I'm an animal or overcompensating if you know what I mean
Some free advice from a married man.. Leave her at home bring a friend you'll have a better time.

Last edited:
god, people are pussies. Why are you nervous? You like MMA, if she's gonna judge you on that then why the fuck would you want to date her anyway?

There's plenty of fish in the sea.

She will lose interest in the event and will only care about spending time with you.

No matter what she says two back to back sporting events is a lot for most girls.

Make sure you make sweet love later that night and do something she wants to do in the next few weeks and you will be golden.

If she doesn't like MMA just put her in a RNC and hold onto it a little long after she taps out (aka Babalu style).

That'll teach her.

It was a stroke of luck a few years ago when wifey sat down and watched UFC with me for the first time: Shogun won and greeted his wife and all women happy mothers day.

She found a new crush and, even better, a new sport to watch. Heaven bless 'em good ambassadors of MMA.

Barao / Dillashaw .. probably a finish with nothing nasty.
Cormier / Henderson. Maybe a KO I see nothing nasty there.
Lawler / Ellenberger .. could get bloody.

Girl wanted to hang out with me this weekend and I told her I had to watch the UFC on saturday. She showed interest in that but I was like "ehh....it's kind of long, we should do something on friday."

Same reasons. I want to watch the UFC and be able to enjoy it, not worry about if she's bored or confused or what she's thinking. Fuck that.

Or you could have just not worried about it. Not sure why that would be considered difficult.

So I'm assuming things went well because it was a great night of fights. My only question now to ts is, did it stank?

So, if anyone actually cares, got there all bummed out with the way Blackhawks game ended. Aw well. Missed the Lawler/Ellenger fight, gonna have to watch that as I heard it was good from the others.

Showed up and grabbed whatever snacks they had left. meat/cheese/cracker tray ect. and caught the 3rd round of Lawler/Ellenberger. She kept asking worridly "is this what you guys do?" Explained that no, just the ground aspect, without the punches. Then they rewound cuz "just have to see this D'arce!" Move I can catch them in the gym with on a pretty regular basis. Use it as an opportunity to explain to her this is more the kind of stuff we do, and that being put to sleep by a choke isn't a big deal. She was pretty concerned but the other guy's girlfriend told her no, he was up and just fine right after for the little interview.

Then the DC/Hendo fight started. Explained it as a heavyweight who is a really good wrestler moving down a weight class, against 43 year old Dan who has big knockout power in his right hand, pretty sure it'd be lopsided with Cormier controlling the fight on the ground. Which was exactly what it was. She felt bad for Grandpa Dan. We all did. Sullen commentary from us.

Next fight, all saying this would be about as lopsided as the last one. One dude talked up Barao about as much as Dana was (which I agreed with). Then the unthinkable happened and Dillashaw came out looking 10 times better than anything he ever showed before. I kinda spilled a bit of her beer just about jumping up and off the couch when Barao got rocked in the first :redface: She progressively thought it was more and more entertaining as we all got excited that TJ was actually pulling it off. Think she honestly enjoyed this fight. "Blue is just so much faster!" But man, Dillashaw's quickness and angles and footwork was outstanding. And he never slowed at all in the later rounds. Damn that was a good fight. Probably the best one to break her in on. Only way to be better would have been some ground work as well.

Was it something she instantly fell in love with? No. Was it something she had a problem with? Not at all. Think she enjoyed it pretty well. Wouldn't go out of my way to invite her again, but like I said in the OP she invited herself to see. We went back to my place afterwords and she spent the night with me, but no. didn't fully score which is the question I know all ya'll perverts were waiting to hear on. Perfectly fine with me at this stage

First dust off the old Wanderlei silva vale tudo VHS and while you 2 are watching him headbutt his own eyelid off say stuff like "This guy isn't even that violent compared to the new crop of guys fighting right now"

I never watched MMA with any of my girlfriends....they always end up losing interest, asking dumb questions, and never know whats going on. I'd much rather watch the fights with the boys 10 out of 10 times.

nice man, can u post some pictures of her please and i can tlel u how to make her enjoy the fights more with some tips, plz pictures when u see this

So, if anyone actually cares, got there all bummed out with the way Blackhawks game ended. Aw well. Missed the Lawler/Ellenger fight, gonna have to watch that as I heard it was good from the others.

Showed up and grabbed whatever snacks they had left. meat/cheese/cracker tray ect. and caught the 3rd round of Lawler/Ellenberger. She kept asking worridly "is this what you guys do?" Explained that no, just the ground aspect, without the punches. Then they rewound cuz "just have to see this D'arce!" Move I can catch them in the gym with on a pretty regular basis. Use it as an opportunity to explain to her this is more the kind of stuff we do, and that being put to sleep by a choke isn't a big deal. She was pretty concerned but the other guy's girlfriend told her no, he was up and just fine right after for the little interview.

Then the DC/Hendo fight started. Explained it as a heavyweight who is a really good wrestler moving down a weight class, against 43 year old Dan who has big knockout power in his right hand, pretty sure it'd be lopsided with Cormier controlling the fight on the ground. Which was exactly what it was. She felt bad for Grandpa Dan. We all did. Sullen commentary from us.

Next fight, all saying this would be about as lopsided as the last one. One dude talked up Barao about as much as Dana was (which I agreed with). Then the unthinkable happened and Dillashaw came out looking 10 times better than anything he ever showed before. I kinda spilled a bit of her beer just about jumping up and off the couch when Barao got rocked in the first :redface: She progressively thought it was more and more entertaining as we all got excited that TJ was actually pulling it off. Think she honestly enjoyed this fight. "Blue is just so much faster!" But man, Dillashaw's quickness and angles and footwork was outstanding. And he never slowed at all in the later rounds. Damn that was a good fight. Probably the best one to break her in on. Only way to be better would have been some ground work as well.

Was it something she instantly fell in love with? No. Was it something she had a problem with? Not at all. Think she enjoyed it pretty well. Wouldn't go out of my way to invite her again, but like I said in the OP she invited herself to see. We went back to my place afterwords and she spent the night with me, but no. didn't fully score which is the question I know all ya'll perverts were waiting to hear on. Perfectly fine with me at this stage

You got lucky this was pretty much the perfect fight for a newcomer. Not to mention the FOTY and probably the largest upset of all time.

Back