Goddard sided with usman on every foul

That and the shots to the back of the head....that bothered me the most....in the last minute of a super close fight he allowed 3-4 hard shots to the back of Colbys head without warning or stepping in to prevent it
This.

You mean like this eye poke?

f5L1JEh.gif

Obviously he’s boughten, eh TS?
Wait, was that the shot that broke Colby's jaw? So Colby faked an eye poke so that Usman couldn't follow up?
I for one am shocked and appalled.

Everytime usman said he was poked or groin kicked goddard allowed time. When colby got poked several times goddard told them to be grown ups and fight...

How many times are we going to keep witnessing this shit? It happens every card

There has to be consistent ref work otherwise what's the point of being in there if one fighter gets screwed over because he actually did get poked in the eye and the ref would not allow a break.

Ufc and athletic commissions need to rewrite the rules and penalize fighters even it was an accident. An eye poke is an automatic point taken away.
4b3.jpg

The eye poke on Usman happened.
The eye poke Colby claimed didn't happen as you can see above.
The only one that was slightly contentious was the groin kick and I think it hit him but some may disagree.

Goddard got everything right in the fight, the fouls, the non fouls and the stoppage.

Everytime usman said he was poked or groin kicked goddard allowed time. When colby got poked several times goddard told them to be grown ups and fight...

There has to be consistent ref work otherwise what's the point of being in there if one fighter gets screwed over because he actually did get poked in the eye and the ref would not allow a break.

Ufc and athletic commissions need to rewrite the rules and penalize fighters even it was an accident. An eye poke is an automatic point taken away.

What fouls where missed..

Last time i checked straight right hands arent eye pokes

Even if Goddard didn't throw the fight in favor of Usman, the judges were ready to give it to him on the cards. You guys need to wake up! See, the ref and the judges are hired by the NSAC. That's a GOVERNMENT agency and they are POLITICAL appointees. They have been there forever, and so have the SAME OFFICIALS that they hire for every event. They are part of the DEEP STATE of MMA. So what do you think happens when a guy like Colby comes in promising to shake things up and drain the MMA swamp filled with fake immigrants? That's right, they try to SHUT HIM DOWN. Hopefully he can appeal this to the Supreme Court where his bud, the prez, can pull some strings and get this shit right.

f5L1JEh.gif

AND USMAN LIED ABOUT THE 1ST GROIN KICK.

Watch the replay on that. Covingtons kick lands 100% legally. It never touches Usmans balls.

Usman was feeling the punches Convington landed earlier .. so made up a lie.. and used that as an excuse to take a breather.

f5L1JEh.gif

The eyepoke was with left hand, you can see it before he lands the right. Could argue that it prevented Colby from being able to effectively evade the shot that broke his jaw. Horrible gif, second angle only shows punch that broke the jaw, completely cut out quick poke

obviously the shocking pain from the broken jaw prolly made it feel like an eye poke. You guys act like that a jaw break doesnt create some kind of pain. Most likely the pain shot right up the side of his face and near his eye.

"No excuses". If i recall correctly Colby is quoted as saying this often..

Was a great scrap and the better man won. Why can't we just leave it at that? No one lost a eye or a testicle during the scrap so its all good. They will meet again and war!

Can't really blame either fighter or the ref for UFC's lackluster rule set. The fact that eye pokes and groin shots are not a automatic point deduction says it all. It is pretty much a legal combat tactic at this point. Just don't guage to hard. Go ask poor Struve about the rules and if they are fair or not... These are all risks they take every time they step in the cage. No point wasting breath about it after the fact. Fights over and the winner was declared. Either play fair or don't. Only thing holding them back from eye poking and groin kicking every single fight is the unwritten rule of good sportsmanship and Karma IMHO. It sure as shit ain't the rules.

LOL. Colby got his glass jaw shattered and then tried to act like he got poked in the eye. Don't be mad because Goddard wasn't dumb enough to fall for that bullshit. The replays clearly showed it was a closed fist when Colby claimed he was poked.

f5L1JEh.gif

Wtf are u talking about? There were 3 pauses in action - one with a blatant eye poke by Colby (confirmed on the replay + his eye was clearly red afterwards) one where colby's lick landed on Usman's beltline (usman wasnt in trouble to be asking for a timeout, it was close enough to his groin and plausible), and one where Colby cried eyepoke because he was hurt - that was the only pause with no evidence.

Usman knew Colby was lying and hurt so he taunted him for it lol

20191215_221205.jpg

I think ppl should give colby some credit that he toughed out the broken jaw. Damn. Whatever you think of him as a person. That's badass in my books.

That's a closed fist. Knuckles going into the eye is not a foul.
I don't think you can tell one way or another. Need to see it from the other side. I'm mainly saying it's not the shot to the chin that everyone else is blaming.

Even if Goddard didn't throw the fight in favor of Usman, the judges were ready to give it to him on the cards. You guys need to wake up! See, the ref and the judges are hired by the NSAC. That's a GOVERNMENT agency and they are POLITICAL appointees. They have been there forever, and so have the SAME OFFICIALS that they hire for every event. They are part of the DEEP STATE of MMA. So what do you think happens when a guy like Colby comes in promising to shake things up and drain the MMA swamp filled with fake immigrants? That's right, they try to SHUT HIM DOWN. Hopefully he can appeal this to the Supreme Court where his bud, the prez, can pull some strings and get this shit right.
giphy.gif

whole lotta wrong in this thread. rewatch the fight. (and btw I hate the shit out of covington and im a big fan of usman)
1. as someone just pointed out, it wasnt the jaw breaking right that colby was reacting to, it was the jab before it which was on his eye. But since it was a closed fist, no foul.
2. Colbys poke on Usman was clearly intentional and landed on possibly both eyes. Reminiscent of Yair vs Stephens
3. nut shot was definitely questionable
4. the second time colby got poked was legit.
20191216_003019.jpg
Again I only mention these things out of pure unbiased fact checking. Now excuse me while I go throw up for unintentionally defending colby in any way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back