Goddard sided with usman on every foul

Even if Goddard didn't throw the fight in favor of Usman, the judges were ready to give it to him on the cards. You guys need to wake up! See, the ref and the judges are hired by the NSAC. That's a GOVERNMENT agency and they are POLITICAL appointees. They have been there forever, and so have the SAME OFFICIALS that they hire for every event. They are part of the DEEP STATE of MMA. So what do you think happens when a guy like Colby comes in promising to shake things up and drain the MMA swamp filled with fake immigrants? That's right, they try to SHUT HIM DOWN. Hopefully he can appeal this to the Supreme Court where his bud, the prez, can pull some strings and get this shit right.
McaqAEX.jpg

The first groin strike was dubious but can be set to a mistake
Rest all seemed fair calls

You mean like this eye poke?

f5L1JEh.gif

Obviously he’s boughten, eh TS?

Interestingly, if you look at the very start of the gif, while it's still not slo-mo, you see Usman's left hand stab out right at Colby's eye. Maybe it was a legitimate strike that just hurt like an eyepoke, maybe a thumb caught him, who knows - the takeaway, though, is that maybe Colby's not completely full of it.

It's also worth noting that I heard about this in a another thread that was immediately moved to the Lightweights section, for no apparently reason - you know, the part of the forum no one goes to.

You mean like this eye poke?

f5L1JEh.gif

Obviously he’s boughten, eh TS?

Does anybody else think it's hilarious the way Usman weirdly walks towards Colby after the punch? Like he's sneaking into the kitchen at midnight to steal some cookies.

Did not watch the fight, but I've always thought Goddard was the most overrated referee.

The was not even Goddards most egregious breach. He completely let Usman skate on this blatant eye poke that caved Colby's whole face in.

HandmadeRecentBadger-size_restricted.gif

And here, Usman blatantly poked Colby in the eye and face not once but twice.

SandyMassiveKite-size_restricted.gif

You can see plain as day that all of Usmans fingers were right on his fist.
LOL Colby is the one that fished for an eye poke in the second gif.

Heh. Or, he got hit so fucking hard in his chin, his eyeballs hurt.

Regardless, this is one of the “fouls” that TS thinks it’s uncool that the ref “picked sides” with Usman. That’s how thoughtful TS is being.
It looks like he pokes Colby with his other arm before throwing that punch. Look closely.

But who cares honestly.

Meh, fouls are never enforced evenly because it's almost impossible to. I'm actually of the opinion that fouling is way worth it. Every foul compromises the opponent and you get at least a few with no punishment and even if you do eventually get a point taken, you've already hindered the guy enough for it to be worth it. Would you rather risk maybe losing 1 point eventually after 5 or 6 eye pokes but fighting a blinded opponent in the meantime, or not taking your free eye pokes and fighting a guy who can see properly? We also saw last week that you get a few nut shots and the crowd will boo the guy while he's crumpled on the floor in pain for not fighting through it. Ferguson has had several fights where the momentum swung in his favor after an egregious foul, Conor got away with 14 against Khabib with 0 punishment, Jones has fought blinded opponents most of his career. Yeah, I'd trade maybe losing 1 point if it means I can fight a blinded and rocked opponent with him balls mashed into his stomach.

That's a closed fist. Knuckles going into the eye is not a foul.
A thumb is. That was even a joke on here back in the day with those "perfect fighter" mish mashes that had "Cro cop's left kick, Hunt's chin, Loiseau's elbows, and Chuck's thumbs" cause of how often Chuck landed a thumb in someone's eye and then blasted them with a haymaker. I can't really tell in his case because Colby's facing away in the pic so it's impossible to see, but I don't have any good reason to doubt it. It wasn't intentional and didn't help him land the right, but Colby wasn't dropped or wobbled either and was already separated a his jaw injury isn't something that's going to fix itself with a 10 second break.

Goddard clearly wanted Usman to win and Marty did fake a nut shot but in the end he won with a clean tko

The eyepoke was with left hand, you can see it before he lands the right. Could argue that it prevented Colby from being able to effectively evade the shot that broke his jaw. Horrible gif, second angle only shows punch that broke the jaw, completely cut out quick poke

The left was not an eye poke. The left was a fist to the eye.

whole lotta wrong in this thread. rewatch the fight. (and btw I hate the shit out of covington and im a big fan of usman)
1. as someone just pointed out, it wasnt the jaw breaking right that colby was reacting to, it was the jab before it which was on his eye. But since it was a closed fist, no foul.
2. Colbys poke on Usman was clearly intentional and landed on possibly both eyes. Reminiscent of Yair vs Stephens
3. nut shot was definitely questionable
4. the second time colby got poked was legit.
View attachment 694301
Again I only mention these things out of pure unbiased fact checking. Now excuse me while I go throw up for unintentionally defending colby in any way

giphy.gif

The groin shot was questionable but hardly affected fight. The eye poke was real. It was a great fight Ref should have given Colby a little more time before calling TKO but Usman was well on his way to winning at that point so Ref within his judgment to protect a wounded fighter.

obviously the shocking pain from the broken jaw prolly made it feel like an eye poke. You guys act like that a jaw break doesnt create some kind of pain. Most likely the pain shot right up the side of his face and near his eye.
Watch the gif. Colby got poke with the lead hand and got punch with the power hand

Last edited by a moderator:
Goddard sucks. Wouldn't even call 911 when Colby told him to

snMxw44.jpg

After the way Goddard fucked with Usman in the Woodley fight, I find any claims of favoritism questionable at best.

The eyepoke was with left hand, you can see it before he lands the right. Could argue that it prevented Colby from being able to effectively evade the shot that broke his jaw. Horrible gif, second angle only shows punch that broke the jaw, completely cut out quick poke
qjresux.gif

tenor.gif

Back