• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation God of War series: Next setting hints and wishes?

Let's explore the kin and culture of...

• Total voters
Egypt. It should've been Egypt after Greek mythology, imo.

Would love to see Hinduism. Unfortunately, it'd be too controversial

Why would it be controversial? I understand that it is one of the world's active religions but those cultures tend to be a bit more open minded with how entertainment portrays them. Abrahamic religions on the other hand.... yikes. I'd love to have a game depicting God, the Creator as a massive piece of shit and Satan helps you out because imo he's always been the good guy. He's the one who gave us all knowledge. That would never fly though.

Why would it be controversial? I understand that it is one of the world's active religions but those cultures tend to be a bit more open minded with how entertainment portrays them. Abrahamic religions on the other hand.... yikes. I'd love to have a game depicting God, the Creator as a massive piece of shit and Satan helps you out because imo he's always been the good guy. He's the one who gave us all knowledge. That would never fly though.
That's why it would he controversial lol. There was controversial over the portrayal of Shiva and Record of Ragnarok so I'd imagine it'd be the same with God of War. However, on the other hand, there's Shin Megami Tensei that portrays multiple gods and, to my knowledge, there hasn't been any controversy as far as I'm aware of.

That's why it would he controversial lol. There was controversial over the portrayal of Shiva and Record of Ragnarok so I'd imagine it'd be the same with God of War. However, on the other hand, there's Shin Megami Tensei that portrays multiple gods and, to my knowledge, there hasn't been any controversy as far as I'm aware of.

Well I think sometimes thing fly under the radar simply because they are not mainstream. That's probably the case for SMT, I don't know many people who play that and it usually is lucky if it even breaks a million copies sold in its lifetime. I guess you're right about God of War being controversial but probably just because of how much news the game brings. I didn't know about that controversy, I'll have to look it up.

Well I think sometimes thing fly under the radar simply because they are not mainstream. That's probably the case for SMT, I don't know many people who play that and it usually is lucky if it even breaks a million copies sold in its lifetime. I guess you're right about God of War being controversial but probably just because of how much news the game brings. I didn't know about that controversy, I'll have to look it up.
To be fair, Hinduism has thousands of different demons, etc so they could go that route. In fact, that would make the most sense considering the fact that Hindu gods aren't really portrayed as being evil.

Preferences? Thoughts?

We need this cross-over.

R.1efd525ec8bc32ed858eec88f541a8a9

Only one will survive.
But fhey've both died before, so whatever.

Wherever we go, I want as little Atreus play as possible. Lol. Just keeping it real. Kid is tedious to me. Go be a shinobi, medjay, or druid over there, kid; I'll be here doing man biz.

<{RoseRun}>
I... kinda liked playing as Atreus. It was a very nice change of pace and I tend to like playing as archers in games anyway.

Hearing him talk to himself and imitate Kratos"s voice was really funny too.
Dad I need you to trust me
THEN WHY DO YOU LIE
Actually that's a good point

On his relationship with Faye
WOMAN PROTECT THE HOME WHILE I GO FISH

anyway to answer the OP. I think the next game won't be as straightforward, as in Kratos and Co may not be on the offensive.

Kratos has finally found some happiness after experiencing some incredible growth in the past 2 games. There are also some breadcrumbs as to what could happen with some characters all over Ragnarok, such as Thrud, Atreus, Sindri, Tyr. Basically I think Kratos will try to stay put but for some reason he finds himself in another conflict.

I read something on reddit about Sindri visiting Osiris to bring Brok back. Seemed like a cool idea. Sindri comes off to me as someone who has a personality disorder. He goes all in when he's on your side, but after that event, a switch has flipped inside of him and he has completely discarded those that care for him.

I... kinda liked playing as Atreus. It was a very nice change of pace and I tend to like playing as archers in games anyway.

Hearing him talk to himself and imitate Kratos"s voice was really funny too.
Dad I need you to trust me
THEN WHY DO YOU LIE
Actually that's a good point

On his relationship with Faye
WOMAN PROTECT THE HOME WHILE I GO FISH

anyway to answer the OP. I think the next game won't be as straightforward, as in Kratos and Co may not be on the offensive.

Kratos has finally found some happiness after experiencing some incredible growth in the past 2 games. There are also some breadcrumbs as to what could happen with some characters all over Ragnarok, such as Thrud, Atreus, Sindri, Tyr. Basically I think Kratos will try to stay put but for some reason he finds himself in another conflict.

I read something on reddit about Sindri visiting Osiris to bring Brok back. Seemed like a cool idea. Sindri comes off to me as someone who has a personality disorder. He goes all in when he's on your side, but after that event, a switch has flipped inside of him and he has completely discarded those that care for him.
I like love the dialogue in this too, BTW. Not many games get as many chuckles out of me as this one – be it a Mímir quip or whatever. When Atreus hurts his hand on the first chest he tries to Kratos-style open, I was like, yeah, serves you right, bratty big-head, lol.

Back