• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

PlayStation God of War series: Next setting hints and wishes?

Let's explore the kin and culture of...

• Total voters
Not going to happen, but personally would love see Kratos fuck up indian gods

f3fc93e6afaae85ced6952b0f98ca6c4.jpg
desktop-wallpaper-lord-ganesha-ganpati-bappa-ganapati-indian-god-amoled-indian-gods-thumbnail.jpg

a5ac4219af2bccc3642bba8df60cfbbd.jpg
220px-Demon_Yakshagana.jpg
e7086346f33ce6a45320bd6332e3f41c.jpg

4f9d9785091ce04ebc3b95d5ac07e7bc.jpg

His next variant may be much less annoying though. A young adult who’s grown up and has experienced the real world on his own but would still get schooled his father. I can see a lot of comical interactions (how u been, I’ve done drugs?? Are you still a Virgin? U know what an orgy is???)..

As to what next mythology I think Egyptian would make the most sense. But there are some great suggestions in this thread. Really intrigued with Gilgamesh and ancient Mesopotamia.
Agree on the Mesopotamian tilt. Colorful bosses and maybe some warring on horseback would be nice.

In addition to the bigger stage Atreus may be getting in the follow-up, I was also thinking after Ragnarök’s second ending that Sindri might be returning too but as foe, not friend. Dwarven anything and steampunk, ensorcelled gadgetry reminds me uniquely of cool revisionist Middle-Earthen, Keltic stuffs but I’m sure they could weave a subplot like that into any lore or setting.

We know why he was angry in the original trilogy and we saw his character growth during Ragnorak. Aside from Atreus being kidnapped or killed it wouldn't make sense for Kratos to become the god killer again. I hope his motivation makes sense and isn't repeated for every new mythology he encounters.

Anyone ever play Asura’s Wrath? I always wanted Kratos fighting crazy gods from Hinduism and Buddhism. Some of that stuff is really out there.

Really hard to tell which direction they go in next. To me, if 3 games remain, Egypt would probably fall in the last or second to last. It is the last real popular mythology with a pantheon that rivals the first two. I think going in a more abstract direction would be cool and if I had to vote I’d probably pick Mesoamerican. Some really cool and interesting gods to explore there.

The rift and Athena being both green has me thinking we’ll be running into some people we killed in one plane of existence only to show up in another.

Egypt. It should've been Egypt after Greek mythology, imo.

Anyone ever play Asura’s Wrath? I always wanted Kratos fighting crazy gods from Hinduism and Buddhism. Some of that stuff is really out there.

Would love to see Hinduism. Unfortunately, it'd be too controversial

I haven't finished God of War Ragnarok yet, but personally i think Kratos should be summoned in some sort of blood ritual and end up in the Bloodborne universe fighting cosmic gods.

And no, i'm not joking.

Next time we see him, it will have been years. His beard will be white. He will have a gut, he will dawn a red coat. He will be begged by the local population to stop the demon who abducts kids in the winter and eats them... Krampus, his evil elves, and his evil ally the Belsnickel. With the help of Perchta, he will finally be pushed to help, and ride on a magic reindeer to stop this evil. They call him Santa Klaus, but he was once known as Kratos the god killer.

Roman gods
Speculation on my part but they maybe feel they've already drawn on that given the 1:1 between Ancient Greek and Roman pantheons in addition to having had Hercules (Roman) in GoW II. Something fun about Roman lore from a storytelling POV though, IMO, is Kratos presumably having preexisting quarrel with some bosses or NPCs given these realms neighboring the other.

I'd want to see the pantheon be the good guys for a change, especially given how shitty Kratos has been as a protagonist for most of his games. Maybe a game where Kratos has to choose a specific pantheon to ally with near the start to fight another encroaching pantheon.
It'd bee cool to see the Gaelic+Celtic Isles pantheons, but I want to see them pull off Kratos fighting brown people gods and not get cancelled; you know, just for shots and giggles.

I think the scale of the monsters lends itself to going back to the old style of GOW. At least partially.
Did you play AC Origins and do you remember the Anubis fight? I think throwback camera would be fun in select confrontations but other than NieR and indies, I can't think of AAA titles that experiment with camera. They'd likelier approach any Assyrian-scale monsters like Anubis was done, or Divine Dragon in Sekiro et cetera, where the fight scales to environmental interplay and relegates ATKs to range like (a) rather than regular or melee boss contact. Thoughts?

Draupnir multi-spear detonation during whatever hit windows Gilgamesh, Ishtar et al. give us.

Did you play AC Origins and do you remember the Anubis fight? I think throwback camera would be fun in select confrontations but other than NieR and indies, I can't think of AAA titles that experiment with camera. They'd likelier approach any Assyrian-scale monsters like Anubis was done, or Divine Dragon in Sekiro et cetera, where the fight scales to environmental interplay and relegates ATKs to range like (a) rather than regular or melee boss contact. Thoughts?

Draupnir multi-spear detonation during whatever hit windows Gilgamesh, Ishtar et al. give us.

Yeah I hope they don't go the range route. He needs to whoop some ass with melee I feel like Kratos needs to be more powerful in this game.
The ending hints at him regaining his powers that he lost so I hope this translates into gameplay where he can do more powerful things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back