PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

If this is about Ragnarok then i know nothing about it so please don't spoil, but if you're talking about Valkyries in God of War, then they are absolutely affected by difficulty. On Give Me God of War for example Atreus' arrows that you can spam do nothing to the Valks besides a tiny bit of damage, whereas on the lower difficulties guides on youtube showed Atreus' arrows could shoot Valks out of the air. That's a huge difference.

A few tips though, if the Valks fly up to land on you, time it and then next time run and roll away at the precise time. When they hover to lung at you throw your axe, when they hover to blind you all you have to do it turn around and it won't affect you because you can't see what she's doing, i think there's a quick 180 button, maybe down on the D-pad? If you have a particular move that you struggle to dodge, use the skill that's a shield ram, it interrupts any Valk attack and negates any damage you would take. I didn't use that one but it's a good skill to use if you want an escape clause when learning patterns.

Again, if you're talking about something in Ragnarok then i apologize but i ain't scrolling up just in case.
This isn't the Ragnarok thread, brother

This isn't the Ragnarok thread, brother

I know i know, i just wanted to make sure. Valks take work, especially on Give Me God of War, but they're definitely doable and not a DPS check. Same as Sekiro, work out the timing on the attacks, use Atreus' special thing, equip the right skills (interrupt shield bash if you want), 180 spin when they blind, throw axe when they hover to lunge, parry yellow, dodge red, break their block, rage only if you're about to die. Most importantly, be patient.

Valk queen took me more tries than anything in any From Soft game, including Elden Ring this year, so i feel your pain, but the satisfaction from beating her... pure bliss.

Last edited:
I 100%'d God of War on Give Me God of War. I am attempting to do the same with Ragnarok.
Kratos level of respect. You probably were in a zone so much that you couldn't hear another person talking to you in the room lol
Refuse to accept that in the mid 30s my reaction time, focus and general button spamming has drastically changed.

Kratos level of respect. You probably were in a zone so much that you couldn't hear another person talking to you in the room lol
Refuse to accept that in the mid 30s my reaction time, focus and general button spamming has drastically changed.

Thanks man, my lady wasn't at home to possibly distract me that's for sure. I died a lot and considered quitting but i just found that run where you don't even look at the bosses health and you're just in a flow state where you do it all perfectly without a care in the world.

Back