PlayStation GOD OF WAR [2016, PS4]

Is it worth doing all the favors and side stuff? I just beat the main story. Should I clean the map up or get Ragnarok?

Is it worth doing all the favors and side stuff? I just beat the main story. Should I clean the map up or get Ragnarok?
It added another few weeks to game if you just like playing it. Rowing around in the snake ocean took forever. It's been years ago , don't remember specifics

i did it all as it was an easyish platinum, adds about another 10hours or so. What I would suggest though to anyone is going back to your house and enter it, you get another ending ready for Ragnarök

Yeah there’s some interesting side missions. I’m at endgame now and felt obliged to do everything along the way (again!). I forgot how satisfying it is near the end when youre so over powered you just run through even high level enemy’s (no Valkyrie’s though). I think I should be done in a hour or two then jumping straight into ragnarok after breakfast

Yeah there’s some interesting side missions. I’m at endgame now and felt obliged to do everything along the way (again!). I forgot how satisfying it is near the end when youre so over powered you just run through even high level enemy’s (no Valkyrie’s though). I think I should be done in a hour or two then jumping straight into ragnarok after breakfast
See I don't feel very overpowered. I'm level 5 with like a level 5 axe and level 4 chaos blades and level 4 armor that's been upgraded a bit,

Nifelheim is the realm where you can get level 7/8 armor and weapon upgrades but its a pain in the ass to do, I spent a good few hours doing stuff there

This. You also pick up some beastly runes etc if you do a lot of the side stuff. Head to all the towers and beat the “bosses” there and you’ll get some nice stuff

This. You also pick up some beastly runes etc if you do a lot of the side stuff. Head to all the towers and beat the “bosses” there and you’ll get some nice stuff
Ok I need a breakdown of this. Right now I'm just doing the first area to farm most echoes. Should I purchase the item that lets you go deeper? They seem pricey if you lose them after a single use.

Ok I need a breakdown of this. Right now I'm just doing the first area to farm most echoes. Should I purchase the item that lets you go deeper? They seem pricey if you lose them after a single use.

Honestly I wouldn’t even bother trying to farm that area for the time being, concentrate on all the favours, chests and clearing everything else. I haven’t gone there this play trough at all and still feel overpowered. I’ve three Valkyrie’s down but decided to finish the story so I can jump into ragnarok. I’d only peruse Niflheim if your looking to 100% it and kill all
the Valkyrie’s, otherwise do all the favours collect all the lore notes and start the new one.

recently finished the game, only side missions i didn't complete were the ravens. the valkyrie queen took me way too many attempts.

They ain't worth it lol. You have to beat them to get top armor, but when you beat them.. the game is over.
Even with the game on easy I'm getting destroyed lol I think they're unaffected by a difficulty switch

Even with the game on easy I'm getting destroyed lol I think they're unaffected by a difficulty switch
So much rage. Probably with tears. Lots of screaming and increased blood pressure. I call BS on anyone who says they beat it on expert. You would have to outcode the computer with a bluetooth controller.

So much rage. Probably with tears. Lots of screaming and increased blood pressure. I call BS on anyone who says they beat it on expert. You would have to outcode the computer with a bluetooth controller.
I could tell when I was getting wiped even on easy that that wasn't a challenge I was up to undertaking. I'm only level 5 on most shit and have no idea how to level anything up.

I think our dawg Nova accomplished this actually. Am I misremembering? @Nova44

Not sure I'd call them a DPS check outright but they're clearly optional owing to the difficulty spike devs wanted them to be. No spoilers but took me ages to beat their leader on either Challenge or Balanced, can't recall – and I pride myself on hard games. Don't think I could manage it on Give Me GoW without losing my mind. So hard. Their leader has Midir-calibre HP while moving a butt-tonne faster, lol.

If this is about Ragnarok then i know nothing about it so please don't spoil, but if you're talking about Valkyries in God of War, then they are absolutely affected by difficulty. On Give Me God of War for example Atreus' arrows that you can spam do nothing to the Valks besides a tiny bit of damage, whereas on the lower difficulties guides on youtube showed Atreus' arrows could shoot Valks out of the air. That's a huge difference.

A few tips though, if the Valks fly up to land on you, time it and then next time run and roll away at the precise time. When they hover to lung at you throw your axe, when they hover to blind you all you have to do it turn around and it won't affect you because you can't see what she's doing, i think there's a quick 180 button, maybe down on the D-pad? If you have a particular move that you struggle to dodge, use the skill that's a shield ram, it interrupts any Valk attack and negates any damage you would take. I didn't use that one but it's a good skill to use if you want an escape clause when learning patterns.

Again, if you're talking about something in Ragnarok then i apologize but i ain't scrolling up just in case.

Back