GOATS losin belts on split decisions now???

Name another gold medalist in the UFC.

I'll wait.

Fight was very close nobody says the opposite but it was obvious Cejudo wanted the fight more

Fuck this old idea of having to dominate a champ to win the belt. No one wears that belt into the ring. The belt is on the line during the fight. The winner of that fight is the champ, period.

All the GOATs eventually lose

The opposite was in effect today: the judging was fantastic. DJ winning rounds (1&3) were pretty clear, Cehudos were razer thin, but he edged it out every single time and the judges saw that. I thought DJs kicks were good and damaging, but it didnt seem like it was hurting or restricting Cehudo in any way, so it was more of a Condit point kicking game and i am suprised that the judges werent blinded by ineffectiv kicks and striking from DJ.
Props to the judges, hard to score and they did it perfectly.

I never realized there was so much vitriol directed at MM. No wonder hes such a bitter cynic. Damn...

I need to rewatch the fight and solely focus on scoring it, but that decision just seems so wrong...

Cejudo did virtually nothing with the TDs, while DJ seemed to *clearly* outpoint him standing.

if you watch the 5th, when it was *supposedly* 2-2 (and I don't even know about that), DJ landed 8-10 leg kicks in the first half of the round, along with a solid punch, and a partially blocked leg kick...while all Cejudo managed a bit of positional control?

pretty bad decision, IMHO.
The take downs did something visually for the judges. All they needed was an excuse to give it to him. That stand up was fast and flashy, but looked like a bunch of pity patty bullshit, with D.J.'s leg kicks being the only thing significant. Even though I had a feeling Henry would win, I thought it would be by knockout. But his improved boxing did nothing to D.J. No way in the world Henry beats him again, but I believe Dana will do anything to not let him get that belt back. D.J. doesn't play ball and Henry can maybe be a star to a new market. That flyweight division really is shit.

I bet he's kicking himself for not fighting TJ now, that was the money fight. There has to be a rematch though, if MM doesn't get an immediate rematch, that that would be fucked.

The take downs did something visually for the judges. All they needed was an excuse to give it to him. That stand up was fast and flashy, but looked like a bunch of pity patty bullshit, with D.J.'s leg kicks being the only thing significant. Even though I had a feeling Henry would win, I thought it would be by knockout. But his improved boxing did nothing to D.J. No way in the world Henry beats him again, but I believe Dana will do anything to not let him get that belt back. D.J. doesn't play ball and Henry can maybe be a star to a new market. That flyweight division really is shit.

that's indeed the problem...these judges don't seem to know what they are watching. they go with something that is 'obvious' for them, like those TDs, but which has little to no consequence in a *fight*.

no doubt UFC was dying for a new champ... and while 125 is never going to sell, Cejudo's heritage indeed probably means more for the UFC.

He should’ve taken the fight with TJ. At least he would’ve stood a chance at getting paid, now that ship has sailed and he will not be in another position to make that kind of money.

Back