GOATS losin belts on split decisions now???

Dj won the fight. Judges are fuct. Takedowns dont make up for getting beat up for the rest of the fight. He hardly did anything from top position. Was lay and pray tito style. Damage went to dj, landed and thrown went to dj in all phases. I like them both, but the judges werent judging correctly. Havent seen the fight metrics but i dont have to in order to know it wasnt very close at all.

The opposite was in effect today: the judging was fantastic. DJ winning rounds (1&3) were pretty clear, Cehudos were razer thin, but he edged it out every single time and the judges saw that. I thought DJs kicks were good and damaging, but it didnt seem like it was hurting or restricting Cehudo in any way, so it was more of a Condit point kicking game and i am suprised that the judges werent blinded by ineffectiv kicks and striking from DJ.
Props to the judges, hard to score and they did it perfectly.

And how effective were those TDs?

DJ was never a GOAT, more of a pussy.
I'm not a DJ fan. In fact, I find him annoying when they show him at various UFC events where he's sticking his tongue out like an idiot when in the audience. However, you're clearly a typical shertard with 0 professional fights and you call someone a coward? Couldn't care less about DJ, I don't normally even watch flyweight bouts but come on, you're calling a guy who is small for his own division a coward because he didn't want to fight a guy who cuts weight to be able to fight in the bigger weight class of the two? Why isn't TJ trying to fight Holloway then? I mean seriously, a guy who cuts weight to fight at bantamweight is calling out a dude who's small for flyweight and somehow the flyweight dude is a coward and a pussy, sherdog logic + UFC hype at its best :D. Btw I agree DJ was never the GOAT, it's really a joke to call anyone from that weight class even top 5 of all time.

It was close and I’m probably going by emotions here, but I think Cejudo came in hungrier and wanted it more.

that's indeed the problem...these judges don't seem to know what they are watching. they go with something that is 'obvious' for them, like those TDs, but which has little to no consequence in a *fight*.

no doubt UFC was dying for a new champ... and while 125 is never going to sell, Cejudo's heritage indeed probably means more for the UFC.
Of coarse you are correct about the judging, but veteran fighters..hell even new ones should always have it in mind how these bozo's score fights and make sure you are not letting them take a round from you on some bullshit...or make sure you do the shit that will get you points. Especially in a fight where neither was rocked or dropped.

I'm not a DJ fan. In fact, I find him annoying when they show him at various UFC events where he's sticking his tongue out like an idiot when in the audience. However, you're clearly a typical shertard with 0 professional fights and you call someone a coward? Couldn't care less about DJ, I don't normally even watch flyweight bouts but come on, you're calling a guy who is small for his own division a coward because he didn't want to fight a guy who cuts weight to be able to fight in the bigger weight class of the two? Why isn't TJ trying to fight Holloway then? I mean seriously, a guy who cuts weight to fight at bantamweight is calling out a dude who's small for flyweight and somehow the flyweight dude is a coward and a pussy, sherdog logic + UFC hype at its best :D. Btw I agree DJ was never the GOAT, it's really a joke to call anyone from that weight class even top 5 of all time.
Way more experience than you but that isn’t the topic of the thread keyboard warrior. The fact is DJ fought at 135 never won the belt and dropped to 125 but doesn’t want anyone else to. Then he claims to be best p4p but won’t prove it by fighting anyone at any weight other than a anorexic high schooler’s weight class.

Deserves a trilogy. But hey even if he doesn't get it right away , who is going to beat him?

I need to rewatch the fight and solely focus on scoring it, but that decision just seems so wrong...

Cejudo did virtually nothing with the TDs, while DJ seemed to *clearly* outpoint him standing.

if you watch the 5th, when it was *supposedly* 2-2 (and I don't even know about that), DJ landed 8-10 leg kicks in the first half of the round, along with a solid punch, and a partially blocked leg kick...while all Cejudo managed a bit of positional control?

pretty bad decision, IMHO.

Did you not hear shertards saying leg kicks did nothing because Cejudo didn't collapsed with one leg?? Takedown all the way bro, who care about GNP or submission.

Way more experience than you but that isn’t the topic of the thread keyboard warrior. The fact is DJ fought at 135 never won the belt and dropped to 125 but doesn’t want anyone else to. Then he claims to be best p4p but won’t prove it by fighting anyone at any weight other than a anorexic high schooler’s weight class.
Give the guy a fucking break, he's a tiny dude and a bunch of MMA journalists and fighters hyped him up to be the best p4p ever, dude got some recognition and perhaps believed in it, so what? I mean I hate it when people believe their own bullshit but it is what it is. Let's just look at it realistically. I don't care at what weight class he fought, I care what he weighs at the night of the fight. You can't ignore the fact that MM is tiny and probably doesn't even cut weight for 125 yet he's the coward for not wanting to fight a guy who literally weights 20-25 pounds more. I mean at these lower weight classes it's a huge fucking difference. Anyway, why am I even responding? Dang, must be the sleep deprivation that's making me discuss things with an inbred shertard. Do the world a favor and find a wife that's not related to you, peace.

a win is a win. shouldn't a champ win conclusively? a champ shouldn't leave a fight against a competitor that close, right???

Well fighters dont start the fight with bonus points for being champion so yea he lost Split Decision

Dont even pull the "you have to really beat the champion" thing

I need to rewatch the fight and solely focus on scoring it, but that decision just seems so wrong...

Cejudo did virtually nothing with the TDs, while DJ seemed to *clearly* outpoint him standing.

if you watch the 5th, when it was *supposedly* 2-2 (and I don't even know about that), DJ landed 8-10 leg kicks in the first half of the round, along with a solid punch, and a partially blocked leg kick...while all Cejudo managed a bit of positional control?

pretty bad decision, IMHO.

Yeah. I mean, a lot of people cry here about to beat the champion, you've got to really beat him. Of course, that goes out the window when you are a 5'5 male who hates other successful 5'5 males. I don't think I could've scored it better than a draw for Cejudo. It was close, but I think DJ falling down multiple times might of skewed the results.

Lol @ Jones fans pretending Gus didn't give him the fight of his life and put him in the hospital.

Give the guy a fucking break, he's a tiny dude and a bunch of MMA journalists and fighters hyped him up to be the best p4p ever, dude got some recognition and perhaps believed in it, so what? I mean I hate it when people believe their own bullshit but it is what it is. Let's just look at it realistically. I don't care at what weight class he fought, I care what he weighs at the night of the fight. You can't ignore the fact that MM is tiny and probably doesn't even cut weight for 125 yet he's the coward for not wanting to fight a guy who literally weights 20-25 pounds more. I mean at these lower weight classes it's a huge fucking difference. Anyway, why am I even responding? Dang, must be the sleep deprivation that's making me discuss things with an inbred shertard. Do the world a favor and find a wife that's not related to you, peace.
You are reading what I post so you can get the education you sadly lack. If you are the champion of any weight class in the UFC you must defend the belt against anyone if they make weight for the fight period. If you refuse to fight then you are not a goat or a number 1 P4P , you are a pussy.

Jones so afraid he has to take steroids to win fights...
DJ so afraid of fighting TJ...
GSP ducking Whittaker and T-wood

Who is the real GOAT?

Back