GOAT thrash album

You should check out the bands Power Trip, Iron Age, Black Breath, Xibalba, Battle Ruins. And if you like chick vocals then also check out Sacrilege, After The Bombs, and Occultist.

I've played shows with Power Trip and Xibalba, my old band put out a split with them.

Lol, will do. I used to think Iron Age were cool, I like what I've heard of Black Breath too. haven't heard any of the others.

These two bands share members and I really enjoy what they've been putting out.

I was actually gonna suggest Mammoth Grinder too, but they're death metal as fuck these days. Check out Blind To Faith as well.

Great album, I prefer 'Justice' over it tho.

I'll get way more hate for this post than your post ever could, maybe even from you.
I prefer MOP, but Blackened and Harvester Of Sorrow make Justice a contender all by themselves.

Didn't see them mentioned yet, but I've always loved Testament - The Legacy:

Yeah, somebody mentioned Exodus and it made me think of Testament. Souza wrote most of the songs on The Legacy I believe.

whats funny is that Metallica Kill Em All is very much a hardcore punk inspired album.

I really liked Reign in Blood in high school, I'm not enough of an expert to call it the best ever, just my favorite.

Also I only came into this thread to laugh at everyone arguing about which albums were and weren't 'thrash' and how much of a gay each other were, but it's all metal heads in here so everyone's just getting along and giving each other recommendations.

Will go check out a hip hop thread for some lulz instead.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but Forbidden - Forbidden Evil is way up there!

Last edited:
Killing is my Business and Business is Good.

I don't consider ride the lightning thrash. It's much heavier than kill em all. Therefore it's just metal. Something like vulgar display of power is heavy metal. But that's just my opinion

As the authority on music in this forum, I can safely say that a number of albums might come close, but nothing can conquer Rust in Peace.

i change my mind a lot when it comes to my #1 thrash album.
usually between rust in peace, master of puppets, justice and seasons in the abyss
lots of other solid choices

I really liked Reign in Blood in high school, I'm not enough of an expert to call it the best ever, just my favorite.

Also I only came into this thread to laugh at everyone arguing about which albums were and weren't 'thrash' and how much of a gay each other were, but it's all metal heads in here so everyone's just getting along and giving each other recommendations.

Will go check out a hip hop thread for some lulz instead.

I feel likewise re: the nice solidarity vibes. Mayberry rules do have their uses lol.

Back