GOAT thrash album

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Rust in Peace.

Is anything even close? You can debate the rest of Megadeth's career, sure. But Rust in Peace is an absolute masterpiece, every song.

The one true answer is Kill em All

not gonna turn this into a Megadeth vs Metallica though.

Listening to Peace Sells right now, myself.

Kill em All is awesome. When I was trying to think of something close, that was the first one that popped in my head. People will bring up Reign in Blood too, I'm sure. Maybe And Justice.

Kill 'Em All is a fun little album but it has very little sustainability/replay value.

Rust in Peace has far more depth lyrically and the songs in general are just composed better on Megadeth's LP.

I found this video which may or may not be related.

[YT]58-atNakMWw[/YT]

It also came out 7 years after Kill em All established the term "thrash"

"fun lttle album" is downright disrespectful

How many different bands have played Whiplash from little dive bars to giant arenas worldwide

*edit* dont take any of this too seriously. It's all just opinions. I like Rust in Peace, too.

Greatness from the previously mentioned, "Kill em All" I could listen to this song in particular for days.

"Spreading the disease" is probably up there too.

Old Thrash: Reign in Blood, Hell Awaits, The New Order, Ride the Lightning, Vulgar Display of Power, Far Beyond Driven,
New Thrash: As the Palaces Burn, Ashes of the Wake, Wrath, The Dead Eye,

Idk these just came to mind

It also came out 7 years after Kill em All established the term "thrash"

"fun lttle album" is downright disrespectful

How many different bands have played Whiplash from little dive bars to giant arenas worldwide

*edit* dont take any of this too seriously. It's all just opinions. I like Rust in Peace, too.

I disagree.

I don't think its disrespectful at all. Contextually its a very important album in the history of Metallica and metal, however that doesn't automatically boost it to 'classic' status. Listening to the album objectively its far from Metallica's best and in my opinion far from the GOAT thrash album. Simply because it was a pioneer album does not mean its the best.

if theres a new way I'll be the first in line....but it better work this time....

I disagree.

I don't think its disrespectful at all. Contextually its a very important album in the history of Metallica and metal, however that doesn't automatically boost it to 'classic' status. Listening to the album objectively its far from Metallica's best and in my opinion far from the GOAT thrash album. Simply because it was a pioneer album does not mean its the best.

Fair enough. I keep it real, the riffs are elementary and the lyrics are like fantasy art painted on the side of a chevy van.

It's still the father and all the rest are its sons

Fair enough. I keep it real, the riffs are elementary and the lyrics are like fantasy art painted on the side of a chevy van.

It's still the father and all the rest are its sons

Sometimes the sons are even more badass than their fathers though.

20130205225011!Luke_Skywalker.png

I seriously didn't realize any of those records were considered thrash, they seem way too metal. I thought thrash was just like DRI, SOD, Suicidal Tendencies, etc.

I don't understand metal genres at all.

^ I'd consider all of that thrash as well.

Its a pretty expansive subgenre.

Amazing thrash album right here.

3048.jpg

Slayer's Reign in Blood I feel has the GOAT thrash title claimed hands down. Which is the beauty of it - when it comes to which individual thrash album is the all time greatest, it does not have to be a Metallica vs Megadeth flame war. Also, Kill Em All is far from the best thrash album, even titles like Exodus' Bonded By Blood and ST's How Will I Laugh Tomorrow have that one beat. If you were gonna argue that a Metallica album is the GOTA thrash record, it would have to be RtTL or MoP.

I seriously didn't realize any of those records were considered thrash, they seem way too metal. I thought thrash was just like DRI, SOD, Suicidal Tendencies, etc.

I don't understand metal genres at all.

Crossover thrash

Fuck, Seasons in the Abyss, Reign in Blood, Peace Sells, Rust in Peace, Arise, Among the Living, Alice in Hell, Bonded by Blood, The Ultra-Violence, History of a Time to Come, Dreamweaver, All Hell Breaks Loose, etc. Way too many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back