GOAT thrash album

Does Age of Quarrel by Cro-Mags count as a thrash album? If not AoQ, then Best Wishes definitely would be one.

Anyway, AoQ would be the GOAT for me if it counts.

Fuck the purists and haters. As far as I'm concerned, it's all about Master of Puppets and Seasons in the Abyss.

Fuck the purists and haters. As far as I'm concerned, it's all about Master of Puppets and Seasons in the Abyss.

Great album, I prefer 'Justice' over it tho.

I'll get way more hate for this post than your post ever could, maybe even from you.

I guess I just always thought crossover was just thrash then, Leeway were good too.

Great album, I prefer 'Justice' over it tho.

I'll get way more hate for this post than your post ever could, maybe even from you.

No hate here. It runs a pretty close second to MoP for me, and it'd probably be my first pick if it didn't have such shoddy production

Kreator_-_Pleasure_to_Kill.jpeg

I see your Kreator and raise you Destruction.

Ride the lightning.

No hate here. It runs a pretty close second to MoP for me, and it'd probably be my first pick if it didn't have such shoddy production

Was on purpose.

Slayer's Reign in Blood I feel has the GOAT thrash title claimed hands down. Which is the beauty of it - when it comes to which individual thrash album is the all time greatest, it does not have to be a Metallica vs Megadeth flame war. Also, Kill Em All is far from the best thrash album, even titles like Exodus' Bonded By Blood and ST's How Will I Laugh Tomorrow have that one beat. If you were gonna argue that a Metallica album is the GOTA thrash record, it would have to be RtTL or MoP.

This man is correct. Can't believe it took over a page for someone to mention a Slayer album.

Reign of Blood is one of the first albums I ever bought. Angel of Death is my favorite opening track to an album but I prefer Show No Mercy now and days.

Brings a tear to my eye to see you guys intelligently discussing thrash. Even that one goober who wasn't even aware thrash was metal as fuck. :)

Reign of Blood is one of the first albums I ever bought. Angel of Death is my favorite opening track to an album but I prefer Show No Mercy now and days.

That song was in the Guiness Book of World Records for a time for most bpm's (beats per minute) in a song.

Show No Mercy is such a fun album. It was Slayer trying to figure this newfangled thrash thing out while still firmly rooted in Judas Priest/Iron Maiden worship. Hell Awaits though is by far the best Slayer album IMO. They were at their absolute best on that one. So ridiculously tight and technical yet evil and vicious sounding as fuck.

I love Reign In Blood, but most of the tracks are throwaway songs. Angel of Death, Postmortem, and Raining Blood are really the only great songs off that album. While I consider every song on Hell Awaits to be great.

Ride the Lightning for me.

Testament is a slept on Thrash band. Never hear them brought up.

I was once told that "Kill 'Em All" is Metallica's only album that can be considered "thrash".

Whoever told you that is an idiot. And Ride The Lightning is Metallica's best thrash album.

Some sweet stuff mentioned already. I'd have to include early Sepultura in this conversation, particularly "Arise", if only for the fucking awesome title track.

Last edited:
Back