Glutes for the Slutes Squat/overhead press Competition

I’m considering opening one actually
It’s worth it but take it from me, buy once and cry once. I’ve gone through 3 bars and 3 benches before settling on what fit my needs. I should have gone with the more expensive options the first time around instead of trying to cheap out.

It’s worth it but take it from me, buy once and cry once. I’ve gone through 3 bars and 3 benches before settling on what fit my needs. I should have gone with the more expensive options the first time around instead of trying to cheap out.
Where I’m moving to has no gym within 10 minutes driving. Have a guy who’ll run it for me. Just need it to break even. Would like one more person to invest so If the guy running it quits we can afford another one. Was thinking a CrossFit style gym just without he title and with a powerlifting lean. Was going to do a snap fitness but that only makes money if you run it all day and sell a lot of personal training.

Where I’m moving to has no gym within 10 minutes driving. Have a guy who’ll run it for me. Just need it to break even. Would like one more person to invest so If the guy running it quits we can afford another one. Was thinking a CrossFit style gym just without he title and with a powerlifting lean. Was going to do a snap fitness but that only makes money if you run it all day and sell a lot of personal training.
Snaps are highly volatile. Every one in my area dried up and blew away once Experience fitness came to town

Snaps are highly volatile. Every one in my area dried up and blew away once Experience fitness came to town
Yeah I think a gym like my idea is best. Just a box with stuff I want to use in it plus some floor space for the others. I’ve got about 40000 I can toss at it to stock the pond.

Yeah I think a gym like my idea is best. Just a box with stuff I want to use in it plus some floor space for the others. I’ve got about 40000 I can toss at it to stock the pond.
That’s plenty, I think Rogue even has started packages with racks and bars and shit like that.

I thought I was short stroking my squats because of the weight but I filmed myself doing an air squat today and the depth is the same. DO NOT NEGLECT MOBILITY! I used to foam roll for 15 mins before each session and my squat was immaculate. People in the gym would compliment me on it. I haven’t done that in over a year since I started working out at home and my mobility is destroyed. Don’t listen to the anti CrossFit zealots or Rippetoe cultists. Simply doing lighter sets of your exercises for the day does not constitute a warm up.

This is wrong.

This is wrong.
Wat?

Mobility is very important and only doing warm up sets can’t be enough but I’m open to having my mind changed. The older I get the longer he mobility part takes

This is like telling a new lifter that they need to be able to do splits to squat and get stronger in an efficient manner. older people that can't hit depth use progressions of you guessed it the squat to finally be able to hit depth. The squat exercise itself increases mobility to the point of which you need it to perform the lift.

This is like telling a new lifter that they need to be able to do splits to squat and get stronger in an efficient manner. older people that can't hit depth use progressions of you guessed it the squat to finally be able to hit depth. The squat exercise itself increases mobility to the point of which you need it to perform the lift.
Yes, those progressions are additional mobility work. Goblet squats are also very good. And just doing squats can be used to maintain flexibility but not necessarily to achieve it. Tight hip flexors have been a limiting factor in my depth and just doing squats did not help, I had to mash them with a roller or lacrosse ball and do static stretches.

Not true. Many people including myself need to do supplementary mobility work in order to reach full depth. After seeing the squat video you posted, I would say you should consider mobility work and practicing your technique.

bw: 225ish (I'm a fat ass right now) -> 180
ohp: 135 -> 175
squat: 315 -> 385

no belt because belts suck

I'll throw in a bottle of hot sauce for the winner.

For some people.
Come on, dude. You know that the human experience is a universal one and that if something works for someone, it must work for everyone, regardless of size, strength, training and injury history, etc

Simply doing lighter sets of your exercises for the day does not constitute a warm up.

the above is your quote so this is pot calling kettle black

bw: 225ish (I'm a fat ass right now) -> 180
ohp: 135 -> 175
squat: 315 -> 385

no belt because belts suck

I'll throw in a bottle of hot sauce for the winner.

Good luck! Hot sauce is dope. Will train harder for it.

Simply doing lighter sets of your exercises for the day does not constitute a warm up.

the above is your quote so this is pot calling kettle black
It doesn’t constitute a warm up, it’s simply working up to working sets. The fact that you have inherent mobility doesn’t make an exercise a warm up.

dont warm up with lighter weights next time you work out.....just slap 500 on the bar and have at it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back