Glory not attractive anymore? Monster Energy prefer to sponsor instead various promotions in Romania

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
REPORT: GLORY LOSES SPONSOR https://kickboxingz.com/report-glory-kickboxing-loses-sponsor

And Monster Energy are still sponsoring multiple Romanian promotions, from Dynamite Fighting Show to the others (I have seen it at different live events).

These photos are fresh, from the promotion of Moroșanu.

Monster Energy are also sponsoring UFC and Bellator, Cain Velasquez, Conor McGregor and Jon Jones.

108382776_635902603945555_5517729540654093576_o.jpg

107827200_635903190612163_4901525936813327002_o.jpg

Monster sponsors like millions of different things. Not very special at all.

Is Superkombat still around? used to get that on ESPN. Always had good fights.

Is Superkombat still around? used to get that on ESPN. Always had good fights.
You mean on CBS Sports. No, former CEO Irimia is involved in film industry now (if you watched Creed II the ring advertizes big with SK/Superkombat), might return or not. Not sure. They still promote with some championship belts in Romania, Greece, etc. They uploaded many of their events on the official channel but after they went defunct. The Youtube is anyway full of it, since Eurosport was not blocking their material. https://www.youtube.com/user/superkombatcom

Many said at that time that the CBS Sports Network contract of Superkombat was overrated, but Glory even promoting after with Rico vs. Badr went on-line instead of an ESPN2. I know Europeans who would murder to be even on 66% of the American cable.

The kickboxing industry is shady, Irimia took the sting from many people, so-called millionaires, who only used the image of the Superkombat and did not want to invest in the company. I mean foreigners. He was also betrayed by many Romanian fighters, and the big events in kickboxing don"t bring much money. He claims that the sport brings damage, not profit. He preferred to keep the company and launch Superfilm with Moshe Diamant and others.

And rumors are that ONE Championship is working at a loss, with Glory already confirmed and Glory is not able to find a contract in North America or to maintain Monster Energy which finances all fighting sports events in the US (UFC, Bellator , boxing, etc.)

I"m just saying, Monster Energy is still sponsoring, it"s not true how you would think if you read the article on KickboxingZ that I don"t give a damn about kickboxing.

As Snubnoze said, many of Glory are completely amateurs or just focus on sucking CEO Andurand. If even Moroșanu managed good deals, such as the fact that his Dynamite promotion also signed with Peak Sports (the big Chinese sportswear brand). Also, Andrei Stoica has a very advantageous financial contract with Under Armour Romania. Rico Verhoeven I don"t know if he has a big contract, but how good he is he should sign with a Nike. It would bring several million euros into the pocket of such an athlete.

You mean on CBS Sports. No, former CEO Irimia is involved in film industry now (if you watched Creed II the ring advertizes big with SK/Superkombat), might return or not. Not sure. They still promote with some championship belts in Romania, Greece, etc. They uploaded many of their events on the official channel but after they went defunct. The Youtube is anyway full of it, since Eurosport was not blocking their material. https://www.youtube.com/user/superkombatcom

Many said at that time that the CBS Sports Network contract of Superkombat was overrated, but Glory even promoting after with Rico vs. Badr went on-line instead of an ESPN2. I know Europeans who would murder to be even on 66% of the American cable.

The kickboxing industry is shady, Irimia took the sting from many people, so-called millionaires, who only used the image of the Superkombat and did not want to invest in the company. I mean foreigners. He was also betrayed by many Romanian fighters, and the big events in kickboxing don"t bring much money. He claims that the sport brings damage, not profit. He preferred to keep the company and launch Superfilm with Moshe Diamant and others.

And rumors are that ONE Championship is working at a loss, with Glory already confirmed and Glory is not able to find a contract in North America or to maintain Monster Energy which finances all fighting sports events in the US (UFC, Bellator , boxing, etc.)

I"m just saying, Monster Energy is still sponsoring, it"s not true how you would think if you read the article on KickboxingZ that I don"t give a damn about kickboxing.

As Snubnoze said, many of Glory are completely amateurs or just focus on sucking CEO Andurand. If even Moroșanu managed good deals, such as the fact that his Dynamite promotion also signed with Peak Sports (the big Chinese sportswear brand). Also, Andrei Stoica has a very advantageous financial contract with Under Armour Romania. Rico Verhoeven I don"t know if he has a big contract, but how good he is he should sign with a Nike. It would bring several million euros into the pocket of such an athlete.
Good post man, it was Eurosport here in the U.K. not ESPN as I said.

Good post man, it was Eurosport here in the U.K. not ESPN as I said.
Ah, you talk about Britain. Britain is the Mecca of boxing now, even though the US still holds the tradition. The British Eurosport unfortunately was the only in Europe to have abandoned SK at some point if I am not wrong. It was pretty popular on Eurosport also. Jamie Bates and Daniel Sam have fought in Glory after. Bates just beat Harut Grigorian.

What sucks is that Eurosport gave up on all the fighting sports. Are these Americans insane? Archery and American cycling? Eurosport was the motherland of K-1. Europe knows about K-1/kickboxing because of Eurosport. Fucking idiots! And they also had some boxing events, from less developed pro-boxing countries such as France, Italy, South-Eastern Europe Romania included, and better boxing from Germany. Might have also had some live broadcasts from the UK, not sure. Even Glory was on Eurosport, even though not live. French Sam Pagal had a weekly TV show with kickboxing events.

And our friend Mr Cabrera from WKN was putting Bigger"s Better, boxing events but with fighters from all the sports. Pretty much Euro and smaller, but some fought after in Germany/UK/US. Things were moving well for all Europe not really with money from Eurosport (they weren"t paying much), but with image and promotion. Loads of events even from the smallest countries of Europe, instead of death.

It is a pity, because it"s not like fighting was disbanded in the US.

Last edited:
It is. They have multiple big promotions there and it’s a hotbed for fighters. To be honest with you it’s one of my favourite scenes. That’s why glory poaches fighters from there all the time

Agreed. Easily one of the powerhouse countries for Kickboxing in Europe by a country mile

I think we can ALL agree that Romania is pretty much the best at everything there is to be done in all aspects of life...

You guys are trolling so good that new comers to this forum might believe Romania is indeed the best country for combat sports... If only they had some champs in the main organizations be it mma, boxing, muay thai or kickboxing :D

I'm going to try to pick Romania on a blank map right now. I'll update with results shortly.

The purple was my guess. Actually wasn't too far off surprisingly.

Attachments

• fefe5bbc5625ce32780c229279ad7eef.jpg
    fefe5bbc5625ce32780c229279ad7eef.jpg
    292.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20200821-230758_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-230758_WhatsApp.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 15
You guys are trolling so good that new comers to this forum might believe Romania is indeed the best country for combat sports... If only they had some champs in the main organizations be it mma, boxing, muay thai or kickboxing :D
You say this in jest, but this was my impression here at first....

The purple was my guess. Actually wasn't too far off surprisingly.
People in Canada also lack some minimum knowledge like some Americans? At least the Americans have progressed a bit lately. Look, the Aussies are also like the Americans and sometimes even worse. But I talked to some New Zealanders, and at least they try to get some info about the world. Maybe not exact, but there is a will. A taste of knowledge.

Really, not sure all the Western Europeans are like us, but at least in Central and Eastern Europe we have good knowledges about geography.

Minus the Brits, what"s wrong with the former British Empire? Really? For me knowing minimum geography and history, and not only, is like writing. I have learned English very late, after somesuperficial Russian and French, and I wasn"t good at school because I had other occupations then (sport). By the way, the English have the poorest minimum knowledges in whole Europe. Not wanting to bother somebody, because the English elites are great and I love their present democracy. But in Central-Eastern Europe, between many illiterates in the East, even middle and 3rd classes are better documented. But if you don"t learn in school, all of your life will be late to do it.

You simply have to know geography if you travel. History less, but also a bit about history. Not to think in the Philippines ruled the German Empire. Not a fan of the imperialism though.

Just saying, these days you even learn about Thailand and Vietnam, and Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia, not just that you also know Latin America. It"s Europe and North America, same race of white people at 1st.

Last edited:
Back