GLORY kickboxing files for bankruptcy, removes top executives

Just means they'd like to make money and there's basically been nowhere else to fight during corona.

Good for Oktagon to offer some opportunities for local talents.

Last edited:
which org is going to be the big kickboxing promotion now? and i wonder if any of the big names will make the move to MMA

Bellator-Kickboxing-Logo-608x280.jpg

Bellator basically doesn't do any kickboxing anymore, nor were they ever any kind of a top player in kickboxing really. ONE has a good roster, Glory when/if they sort this thing out will likely still be very good and K-1 Japan for the lighter guys is quite good even if entirely Japan focused.

Last edited:
There was talk about UFC getting into boxing after Dana gave up on that saying Boxing was a mess. So talk came again about UFC kickboxing. I like Muay Thai better but if UFC does ever want to branch out then hope they buy up Glory they were competitors at one time but seem to have a better relation these days.

Ultimate Kickboxing Championships coming soon to Fight Pass

UFC co-promoting (or promoting) cards would be the easiest way to expose kickboxing to the masses in the United States. Just having that brand attached to it would do wonders.

Well, this sucks.

I'm pretty new to kickboxing. I've watched the last 5 Glory's and loved them. I was going to start re-watching from Glory 1 on Fight Pass just today.

Serious question?

K-1 has long been dead, even if they put on tiny regional shows occasionally
They've been consistently putting on good sized shows in Japan including Saitama and have developed a very successful formula. K-1 is doing fantastic, well at least before Corona.

I think everyone in here is forgetting the fact that a Global Pandemic is taking place and most organizations are at risk, especially those that were barely profitable to begin with. ONE is millioins in the hole already before the pandemic and they are only surviving because of a recent cash injection that can be converted into shares.

LOL @ Bellator Kickboxing. It's not even a thing.

There was talk about UFC getting into boxing after Dana gave up on that saying Boxing was a mess. So talk came again about UFC kickboxing. I like Muay Thai better but if UFC does ever want to branch out then hope they buy up Glory they were competitors at one time but seem to have a better relation these days.
According to Rogan, Dana is against the idea because PKA ruined the kickboxing image in the American psyche. Maybe they could do some kind of rebranding like "Ultimate Muay Thai" with face the pain music in the background.

According to Rogan, Dana is against the idea because PKA ruined the kickboxing image in the American psyche. Maybe they could do some kind of rebranding like "Ultimate Muay Thai" with face the pain music in the background.
I've heard this arguement and never understood it. Most people don't even remember that PKA shit and a huge portion of their target demographic weren't even alive back then. That's over 30 years ago...

which org is going to be the big kickboxing promotion now? and i wonder if any of the big names will make the move to MMA

If Glory goes down I guess we only have One FC on the same kind of scale, otherwise it's mostly just some small local promotions in Europe and Asia.

A few Glory athletes have already signed with One FC, for example Sittichai and Nieky Holzken.

I've heard this arguement and never understood it. Most people don't even remember that PKA shit and a huge portion of their target demographic weren't even alive back then. That's over 30 years ago...

Exactly. Besides that K-1 in the late 90's and early 00's was quite popular everywhere and a lot of Americans enjoyed it. So it's not an issue of the product itself but how it's promoted and marketed, who the fighters are and having a few local fighters that fans can associate with and want to support.

It's like when people say Muay Thai isn't a good product to market, I think that's false. But to attract a Western market and especially the North American market you need more fighters in the heavier weight classes, local fighters people want to support and maybe get rid of some of the traditional aspects like the Wai Kru or the music, like One FC is doing with their Muay Thai fights. MMA gloves also seem to be more appealing. I don't see why people wouldn't want to watch those kind of fights for instance:

Damn.....another one bites the dust.
Yes so it's ONE, then. Not sold on the MT with MMA gloves + KB + MMA format though. But maybe it's a model that will prevail?
If ONE does not make it either, I can't imagine that we will see international big scale kickfighting within the next like 10 years or something.

I actually think mt with smaller gloves could be a succesful product to market internationally. The smaller gloves give a higher chance of more knockouts.
Its basically muay thai of the early 90's considering the black gloves they used to wear were 6 ounzes. If you make them fingerless like mma gloves they are 4 ounzes like current mma gloves.

I actually think mt with smaller gloves could be a succesful product to market internationally. The smaller gloves give a higher chance of more knockouts.
Its basically muay thai of the early 90's considering the black gloves they used to wear were 6 ounzes. If you make them fingerless like mma gloves they are 4 ounzes like current mma gloves.

I love them golden era black gloves. TBH I was always very skeptical that they are somehow comparable to MMA gloves, though. Just by the look of them they look like they still offer more polstering. Also, if you look at some heavy punchers from that era like say, Veeraphol or Lakhin, sometimes they are uppercuting and hooking the living fuck out of their apanyent who somehow remains standing for a little while before getting KOd. In MMA, such punches would result in a much faster KO. IMO.

I love them golden era black gloves. TBH I was always very skeptical that they are somehow comparable to MMA gloves, though. Just by the look of them they look like they still offer more polstering. Also, if you look at some heavy punchers from that era like say, Veeraphol or Lakhin, sometimes they are uppercuting and hooking the living fuck out of their apanyent who somehow remains standing for a little while before getting KOd. In MMA, such punches would result in a much faster KO. IMO.

Veeraphol and Lakhin were fighting around 115 pounds (50 kilos) though. Even the Flyweight division in the UFC is 10 pounds heavier. I don't think you can compare them and their punches not KO'ing as much in 6oz gloves compared to 4oz gloves in MMA when the references you have in MMA are heavier guys than them.

Back