GLORY kickboxing files for bankruptcy, removes top executives

Simon Rutz and Edwin van Os can save Glory,

Buying Glory and combining with Enfusion, will the best chance for Kickboxing to survive.

Simon Rutz and Edwin van Os can save Glory,

Buying Glory and combining with Enfusion, will the best chance for Kickboxing to survive.

An interesting opinion. It`s Showtime was a great promotion, very similar to K-1. The level was high, the fights were good. Something similar may work. Of course, the worst case scenario is to have all this small organisations with multiple "world champions" after 5 fights.

Losing Glory will be a huge blow for the Kickboxing scene.

I can't think of anything that will replace Glory beside Enfusion,

BTW ONE's kickboxing totally sucks.

Maybe UFC's underbelly, but MMA promotions not named UFC are in just as shitty of shape. Heck, even the UFC has been hurt significantly in the wallet due to Covid.
Covid is gonna kill alot of clubs/promotions
American highschool folkstyle wrestling is likely doomed

ONE is relly interesting, just they yet looks that more are targeting Asian market that in total is rich not poor market...........

According to my sources Glory also removed the Dutch matchmakers.

Another insider telling me they are trying to get out of debt with this construction of bankruptcy.

Also in the Netherlands only the debts of Glory are 2.5 million euros.

Eduard Irimia new Glory matchmaker and CEO confirmed.
Irimia would the best name they could get after Tanikawa probably, because he was both CEO and a matchmaker for 15 years, also a boxing matchmaker. It"s Showtime before used individual matchmakers besides the CEO Simon Rutz, but they stopped promoting 10 years ago. Today the scene is a little bit different. Irimia would definitely change the rules into classic K-1 rules and would matchmake fights that could end via KO (it could only penetrate this way in the US). Plus with his connections we would see Glory on CBS Sports. He has a lot of connections now in America after Superfilm.

In my opinion they also need somebody with experience besides this Robbie Timmers of Samui, protegee of Daalder and van Os. It would be a nice balance in order to go really international.

Last edited:
Glory has had an on and off relationship with CBS Sports already without Irimia, and before SK. SK lasted how long on CBS Sports? CBS Sports now also has Bellator content via the Viacom merger that it didn't have before, probably changes the equation of trying to sell them any other fight sports content a tiny bit. Also how about just no to bringing in an Irimia or a Tanikawa in general.

Got to wait and see what kind of Glory we might be getting after this...re-structuring. If it'll continue to be similar to what it's been, maybe try and work a little more with some other more local promotions (like some people now have been suggesting). Try and build more kind of feeder league relationships and share talent around a bit. If Irimia was doing something in Romania working with him there could maybe make some sense.

Could also be a significantly different version of Glory going forward and who knows what kind of things might make sense then.

856skAp.jpg

I didn't make this but LOL

What about Bellator Kickboxing? Is it doing okay?

I hope that Bellator MMA and Bellator Kickboxing keep growing and improving.

Back