News GLORY Kickboxer César Almeida will make his UFC-debut against DWCS alumni Dylan Budka on April 6

Who wins?

• Total voters
Tough fight for Fremd who just had to get beat up by Kopylov.

Fremd's grappling is going to make or break the fight for him. I actually think he could get it done, not sure where Almeida's ground game and wrestling are at.

Fremd's grappling is going to make or break the fight for him. I actually think he could get it done, not sure where Almeida's ground game and wrestling are at.
Well, in his DWCS appearance César successfully shut down Lucas Fernando’s wrestling, and even got some of his own offensive game going (which I didn’t expect at all beforehand).
Josh Fremd should be an interesting test for Almeida, for sure!

Always enjoy reading your KB posts sherbro. Looks like you are there live all the time 😁

Fremd spoils the party
UFC < KB

thanks Poster of The Year

Josh “He was never my” Fremd.

Fremd is hittable will get hit

Fremd vs Anthony Hernandez was an amazing grappling battle.

35 with some pretty noticeable miles. Hopefully he can get some fun flashy KO's

This is definitely a lay up fight for Almeida. First round KO I think.

UFC should sign Wisse for a trilogy

I think this is very winnable for Almeida.

I know I watched his DWCS fight but for the life of me I can't remember it very well... probably because Talbott stole the show and the Machado fight stunk up the whole card. I'll need to rewatch it. Fremd is pretty mediocre, but occasionally pulls some decent performances out of the bag if you're not prepared for his grappling.

MW is getting stacked outside top 15. Rankeds are okay I guess but I am more excited for guys like Shara, Olek, Caio (now ranked), Iron Turtle, Robocop, Pyfer, Bruno Silva, Aliskerov, Michel Pereira, Kopylov, Nickal. etc.

It has much better depth now--still not as much as the lighter divisions--but the top dudes also fight much more, and that in turn, promotes a healthier, more competitive division.

Also, good fight. Cesar is intriguing and could spark him easily, but while Fremd is not great, we can't complain that he doesn't have any grappling chops like we often do about KB mma fights.

His fight against Serkan Ozcaglayan was very impressive. Very technical fighter. I think MMA will suit him

Tough fight for Fremd who just had to get beat up by Kopylov.

Poåtan treatment is needed for this guy.

UPDATE:

César Almeida will now make his UFC-debut against Dylan Budka today (Josh Fremd is OUT).

The 24-year-old American won on Dana White’s Contender Series last year. He has a professional MMA-record of 7-2 (1 KO/TKO, 2 sub.), and an amateur MMA-record of 7-2 (1 KO/TKO, 3 sub.).
Tougher fight for Cesinha or nah?

UPDATE:

César Almeida will now make his UFC-debut against DWCS alumni Dylan Budka today (Josh Fremd is OUT):

Original Post:

“Cesinha” was originally set to make his UFC-debut against former Cage Warriors champion Christian Leroy Duncan, but unfortunately that fight fell through.
I favoured him to beat CLD aswell, but I think Josh Fremd will be an easier matchup for the seasoned Kickboxer:

WGP still has him listed as their MW champion.

BTW.. I just looked up and WGP is putting another event in my country on april 27th. I haven't seen one of those in a while. I'm tempted to go to see that.. it is a bit expensive tho.
Random fact: Former UFC title challenger Jennifer Maia is signed with them and fought two weeks ago for them. I think she won the interim title but WGP website is incredibly shitty and is not updated.

Fight is going down right now, striker vs grappler! :cool:

His TDD does still need a bit of work, but he looked alright.

Thats the way you deal with a wrestler. Good win for Almeida. There's a certain satisfaction in watching guys who just want to push their opponent against the cage get knocked out in those positions. You love to see it.

853947-34245025.png

Back