Global Warming "expert" sentenced to 32 months for fraud, says lying was a 'rush'

One scientist out of thousands and thousands

Wrong.

Beale's degrees were in political science, public administration and law. He never published a single scientific paper.

He was the highest paid employee at EPA (earned more than the EPA Administrator) and yet did zero work for many years.

The only reason he was caught is because he was so brazen that he announced his "retirement" but continued collecting his paycheck for over a year and a half.

Do you see a problem here?

Scamming the system is frowned upon now?

I thought that "just makes him smart".
Big difference between defrauding the taxpayer vs. using legal means to minimize one's effective tax rate.

By the way, this isn't news. It's 3 years old. Just surprised I hadn't heard about it before.
I had heard about this before but I laughed as much this time as I did last time reading it. Thanks for the fun TS.

Who knew Costanza was making a bank at the EPA. This really does deligitimize the agency. Sounds like a bureaucracy that spiral out of control that does very little valuable work.

hqdefault.jpg

When you're the highest paid employee and you don't do shit for years and years, that begs for a review of the entire system.

When Donnie takes office, heads are gonna roll all over the Obama-coalition of bureaucrats in Washington. No pencil pusher will be safe. I hope Trump will tweet out the firings with their name and his signature meme:

320c6aff5dfdb68e_a.gif

Last edited:
Lol @ "leading expert in climate change"

This guy took advantage of the EPA and was getting paid to do fuck all on the taxpayer's dime, and what you take out of this story is that this is some kind of proof that man made climate change isn't real?

This. It sounds like the guy lied about working for the CIA to get perks not about any research.

Same shit happened in California, but the guy got a walk. He lied about having credentials and they passed off a bullshit study. The result was new trucking air standards that have hurt commerce and truckers. When real professors exposed the fraud, what happened? They were FIRED! No Shit! True Story.

Enstrom then contradicted the other researchers in testimony to the state legislature and further exposed the fraudulent credentials of Hien T. Tran, “a key CARB scientist and lead author of the October 24, 2008 CARB report on PM2.5 and premature death.

“Mr. Tran’s research report served as the primary public health justification for a new diesel vehicle regulatory scheme approved by CARB … Dr. Enstrom’s statements brought to light that Mr. Tran’s Ph.D. was not awarded by the University of California at Davis as Tran claimed. Mr. Tran subsequently admitted that he purchased his Ph.D. at a cost of $1,000 from ‘Thornhill University,’ a fake institution and Internet diploma mill based at a UPS store in New York.”

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2012/06...-air-pollution-regulation-scandal/#more-65743

That is how Liberals roll. Lie, cheat, whatever it takes to push their agenda.

Called it. I said the second that I saw this conspirtards would jizz their pants over this.

Presidents are underpaid, if anything. But maybe you're not srs I guess.

Yeah, $400K/year + benefits + secret service (all of this for life) just isn't enough. (Edit: the salary "might" be $200/year after office, but still...)

Add in living in the White House for 4-8 years, living like a king (lavish parties, private chefs, private jet, go wherever you want when you want). Oh, and then afterwards multi-million dollar book deals and speaking engagements (for life).

Yeah, so underpaid. :rolleyes:

It's called "public service" for a reason. It was never meant to be a means of living like a king.

Last edited:
Yeah, $400K/year + benefits + secret service (all of this for life) just isn't enough.

Add in living in the White House for 4-8 years, living like a king (lavish parties, private chefs, private jet, go wherever you want when you want). Oh, and then afterwards multi-million dollar book deals and speaking engagements (for life).

Yeah, so underpaid. :rolleyes:

It's called "public service" for a reason. It was never meant to be a means of living like a king.
400k per year for being the leader of the free world isn't that impressive. And if you looked at the context my only point was that the president is not overpaid.

400k per year for being the leader of the free world isn't that impressive. And if you looked at the context my only point was that the president is not overpaid.

When you add in all of the other perks (live like a king while POTUS) and the fact that you're set for life afterwards, it's a pretty good deal.

As I said, it's called "public service" for a reason. George Washington didn't even want a salary.

this is some kind of proof that man made climate change isn't real?

This. It sounds like the guy lied about working for the CIA to get perks not about any research.

Critical reading skills needed. No one here claimed it was proof that "climate change" isn't real.

When you add in all of the other perks (live like a king while POTUS) and the fact that you're set for life afterwards, it's a pretty good deal.

As I said, it's called "public service" for a reason. George Washington didn't even want a salary.
You really have no context whatsoever to life in the 1700s. So using that as a base of comparison for public salaries today is naive.

Critical reading skills needed. No one here claimed it was proof that "climate change" isn't real.

Shut up with this bullshit.
The way you titled your thread, it's pretty damn obvious what angle you are trying to push. If not, you should make it clear in your OP what you want people to discuss (in fact you should do this either way).

You did the same in other thread on climate, where you posted some bullshit graph without any commentary, and then when I adressed it you just went "oh no I'm just trying to nuance the discussion" or something like that.

My point being, start articulating some actual opinions instead of this vague shit you got going on.

Shut up with this bullshit.
The way you titled your thread, it's pretty damn obvious what angle you are trying to push.

Wrong.

This thread title is copied from CBS. It's called sharing news. Perhaps you should take it up with the CBS editor.
You did the same in other thread on climate, where you posted some bullshit graph without any commentary, and then when I adressed it you just went "oh no I'm just trying to nuance the discussion" or something like that

In general, you have shown yourself to be a person with horrible critical thinking skills and an unwillingness or inability to familiarize yourself with the most recent findings.

Let's bring this down to your level of comprehension.

In that thread, you posted a graph from IPCC AR3 comparing surface anomaly to the average of CMIP model runs. Using this 15-year-old graph, you attempted to claim that observed warming has outstripped model projections. Why not use a current plot? This is from the most recent IPCC assessment, AR5:

View media item 25193
Source (p. 87)

Last edited:
Wrong.

This thread title is copied from CBS. It's called sharing news. Perhaps you should take it up with the CBS editor.

Who are you trying to convince?
Do you think your shtick is not obvious or something? Regardless of that, you should always add commentary and make a pathway for a specific discussion in your threads. Not just copy paste (year old) articles.

In general, you have shown yourself to be a person with horrible critical thinking skills and an unwillingness or inability to familiarize yourself with the most recent findings.

Let's bring this down to your level of comprehension.

In that thread, you posted a graph from IPCC AR3 comparing surface anomaly to the average of CMIP model runs. Using this 15-year-old graph, you attempted to claim that observed warming has outstripped model projections. Why not use a current plot? This is from the most recent IPCC assessment, AR5:

View media item 25193
Source (p. 87)

Your desperation is showing.
It was not I who completely misunderstood the findings about the arctic sea ice, and then tried to post a completely irrelevant graph as a pathetic attempt at a rebuttal, and then followed up with a highly manipulated graph made by a fraud, that has been widely discredited by the scientific community. Of course, with zero of your own arguments attached to either graph.
Anyway, the integrity of your character and your intellectual capacity was no longer a secret at that point.

It's cute that you're trying to aim for condescension now, as some last desperate attempt at saving face. I guess you're mainly doing it to delude yourself, so I guess I should just let it be.

But I will entertain you a bit. You're obviously moving the goalpost completely, and it's quite easy to see through your agenda here. But for the sake of argument, I will pretend that you have been able to follow the debate so far, and that your assesment of my arguments are correct.
So out of the goodness of my heart, I will give you a possibility to showcase how much integrity you have; In that graph you posted there, could you explain what RCP means, and what does the different RCP numbers indicate?

I will at least give you kudos for posting scientific graphs now, instead of the fraud work you were parroting in the other thread :)

Back