Global Economic Collapse

glennrod

Just like mountain, ya paying your dues
@Gold
Reaction score
We have ignored God and his laws. And we have it coming to us for doing that. Get ready everyone.

China is getting a market correction and it's hurting commodities.

China went overboard trying to stop the correction for political reasons but you can only do so much to fight the market.

Sucks to be a country dependent on exporitng oil doe.

Damn heathen commie dictatorship with zero transparency and accounting. What, did I just atleast partially agree with ripskater?!

It is a bizarro world out there!

7drHiqr.gif

In before Ripskater...dammit. So is this the 'big bad undefined thing' Rip? Will you backtrack if it turns out to be a temporary dip in the market, and wait for the next big bad thing? It's pretty easy to always be right if your prophesies are vague and you're willing to wait an unlimited length of time.

In before Ripskater...dammit. So is this the 'big bad undefined thing' Rip? Will you backtrack if it turns out to be a temporary dip in the market, and wait for the next big bad thing? It's pretty easy to always be right if your prophesies are vague and you're willing to wait an unlimited length of time.

That's the usual pattern. Market rallies, and it's "but look, unemployment is still 8%--the real people are suffering." Jobs growth is strong and unemployment is low, and it's "OMG, a market correction! The end times are here!" Gold rises, gold falls, oil rises, oil falls, weak dollar, strong dollar--it's all proof that the tinfoilers are right to the tinfoilers.

It's completely overblown. Nothing short of a nuclear winter or similar-scale disaster is going to trigger a global economic collapse.

I don't know if it is. But I would get ready Uchi. Not only spiritually right with Jesus Christ, but I'd do a little prepping in case this gets really bad.

I don't know if it is. But I would get ready Uchi. Not only spiritually right with Jesus Christ, but I'd do a little prepping in case this gets really bad.

I advise everyone to start putting away tinned foods, bottled water..especially those with children

I think fears are overblown. And FWIW I just put my $ where my mouth is.

That's the usual pattern. Market rallies, and it's "but look, unemployment is still 8%--the real people are suffering." Jobs growth is strong and unemployment is low, and it's "OMG, a market correction! The end times are here!" Gold rises, gold falls, oil rises, oil falls, weak dollar, strong dollar--it's all proof that the tinfoilers are right to the tinfoilers.

Ha, so true. No matter what's going on, the Armageddon is always apparently just around the corner. Better start raiding the canned food aisle at the Walmart!

Anyway, do you think this is a good buying opportunity, or are we still a bit overvalued?

Ha, so true. No matter what's going on, the Armageddon is always apparently just around the corner. Better start raiding the canned food aisle at the Walmart!

Anyway, do you think this is a good buying opportunity, or are we still a bit overvalued?

I don't know your time horizon, overall allocation, goals, etc. I'll tell you that I'm buying at the same rate I always do, and I feel better about that than I did last week.

One thing to think about is that people are afraid of the possibility of an X% decline and act accordingly, but you should be *more* afraid of missing an X% increase (as it is much more likely, assuming you're on the sidelines).

lol@anyone who didnt buy stocks this morning. I came in too late so I missed the biggest drops because its recovered somewhat, but the bargains are still there.

I've waited 6 months for this dip.

hilarious how rip thinks cyclical market dips are warnings from god.

Just tired to buy some off-setting positions this morning assume shit is going down today. Couldn't find a swap for "Shitty Shanghai Results last night"

I don't know your time horizon, overall allocation, goals, etc. I'll tell you that I'm buying at the same rate I always do, and I feel better about that than I did last week.

My horizon is long term, and I'm not strapped for cash so I don't care much about it being tied up. I always pretty much buy at the same rate and was considering buying a lot more after this drop, but I suppose its not worth getting caught up in the hoopla. I'll probably just continue to buy regularly.

Last edited:
Back