Global Economic Collapse

They might come in this life, but we don't know how or when or why.

A christian knows that having a plentiful life does not necessarily mean that his faith is rewarded, just as experiencing misery does not necessarily mean he is being punished. In fact, most of the times god has nothing to do with it directly.

Its almost sacrilege to believe that you know who and why god chooses to intervene in this world. But then again you don't seem to know much about this religion.

Old testament. After jesus, god's relation with mankind changed. Apparently god does not function this way anymore? There is no collective responsibility anymore. Its all up to you.

Your country will not face collective judgement if it has pushed god aside. You are not that important, in fact, most of you are barely christian (your bizarre protestant cults don't cut it AFAIK). God will judge you individually when you are dead, regardless of what your government legislates.

You call them worse things, like immoral or indecent because they happened to love the wrong gender. As I said, learn some respect.

Well, we just disagree.

Saku you never responded to my post?

And You do realize God is the same God in the new testament and the old.
Enough, I've been trolled enough for one day. Whatever I said to rip can serve as a reply to you as well.

It's the rise of the dollar that has been a problem.

I must be mistaken? Can you explain more.

I thought we were facing a situation where it was a potential crash of the dollar. Possibly hyper deflation of the currency . Though ill be honest I am pretty ignorant with economics. A couple sites where I've also read the same:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ew-round-currency-turmoil-deflation-us-and-eu

http://www.forbes.com/sites/brucemc...devaluation-spark-an-international-trade-war/

And the u.s. has just been printing money like monopoly paper I would think would lead to consequences sooner or later...maybe I'm misinformed.

**Edit*** I must have pasted the wrong Forbes article...That one is about taxing guns and completely irrelevant to the conversation lol. Sorry

Last edited:
Enough, I've been trolled enough for one day. Whatever I said to rip can serve as a reply to you as well.

You're funny.

You belittle Rip throughout this thread saying it's not biblically speaking since the new testament doesn't have any scripture of God judging nations. Then I point out revelations and how mystery Babylon the great is judged due to her abominations and you back out.

Good day sir!

You haven't been trolled. And don't ever let anything I say bother you. Unless it convicts you to change something for the better in your life. You've got two Christian guys just stating their beliefs on the questions you guys ask us.

I must be mistaken? Can you explain more.

I thought we were facing a situation where it was a potential crash of the dollar. Possibly hyper deflation of the currency . Though ill be honest I am pretty ignorant with economics. A couple sites where I've also read the same:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ew-round-currency-turmoil-deflation-us-and-eu

http://www.forbes.com/sites/taxanalysts/2015/08/26/why-exactly-are-we-taxing-guns/

Your first link (from a nutter site, but nevermind) talks about the yen getting weaker against the dollar--or, to put it another way, the dollar getting stronger against the yen. Deflation is when prices fall, which, again, is another way of saying dollars getting more expensive (or "stronger").

Your second link is about taxing guns. WTF?

And the u.s. has just been printing money like monopoly paper I would think would lead to consequences sooner or later...maybe I'm misinformed.

Well, as your link indicates, the bigger problem is that there isn't enough money circulating. Which is the opposite of there being too much money circulating.

Ed: Just saw your edit. No problem.

Your first link (from a nutter site, but nevermind) talks about the yen getting weaker against the dollar--or, to put it another way, the dollar getting stronger against the yen. Deflation is when prices fall, which, again, is another way of saying dollars getting more expensive (or "stronger").

Your second link is about taxing guns. WTF?

Well, as your link indicates, the bigger problem is that there isn't enough money circulating. Which is the opposite of there being too much money circulating.

Ed: Just saw your edit. No problem.

If you could just hold my hand and walk me through this...I took economics when I was 15 and haven't looked back since.

I'm going to quote Michael Scott from the office...

Why don't you explain this to me like I am an eight-year old.

If you could just hold my hand and walk me through this...I took economics when I was 15 and haven't looked back since.

I'm going to quote Michael Scott from the office...

Why don't you explain this to me like I am an eight-year old.

I thought I did (I even took the trouble to explain that too much and too little are opposites).

The yen getting cheaper against the dollars means that the dollar is getting more expensive against the yen. Does that make sense? Saying that a currency is getting "stronger" just means that it's getting more expensive. Maybe the terms confuse people? "Strong" is good, always, right? But "expensive" isn't. If dollars are more expensive than other currencies, that means stuff we sell to other countries is getting more expensive (without getting better and without competitors' equivalent products getting more expensive), which means that fewer people will buy it. On the other hand, it means that stuff we buy from other countries gets cheaper, which is good.

Why don't you explain this to me like I'm five.

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. It was the perfect opportunity to quote Michael Scott again...

I'm a little bored and trying to kill time. My apologies sir.

Just tell me specifically what you don't understand.

No I get what you're saying.

But the fall of China's stock market has the potential to effect the U.S. if they don't get it under control right? I mean a lot of our stocks are largely dependent on markets overseas.

Back