Give Me The Option To Watch With No Commentary.

I think most people replied to the title of the topic, and didn't actually read what you wrote. Hearing just the sounds of the fight would be a nice touch to the events.

I've wanted this for a while. I usually watch fights on mute for this reason.

I wish they would offer it for all sports really. Ambient crowd noise and mics on the field, even occasional sponsor talk, just no color commentary.

How did this thought not pop into the TS head when he was typing those two paragraphs?

Do you have a learning disability? TS wants to hear the fighter's sounds and the crowd without hearing the announcers. Man you sure are dumb

I have actually written to the NBA to include a no commentary option on the SAP. I'd be fine if they chimed in with ads and station identification too.

I just hate hearing to assholes talk over my sports.

In the spirit of this post I give you this. Go to the 14:02 mark.

[YT]yuSvVOE-Eac[/YT]

Best way to watch, imo. At least the best way to rewatch. Full sound, no fucking Goldie or Rogan or the Parrot Twins.

Bonnar and Sonnen would do far better imo as would silence.

Exactly. EXACTLY!

I think it's an awesome idea and definitely a big LOL @ all the fucking idiots who don't take the time to read the thread lol

I'd rather deal with bad commentating than to watch the fights with no sound at all. That sounds terrible.

It would be nice to have an option, though.

It worked once when I was watching some prelims on Fox Deportes and I changed the audio option to "Secondary".

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you can do that at UFC.TV, or at least limit yourself to only hearing a specific corner (and crowd i would imagine).

I'm pretty sure you can do that at UFC.TV, or at least limit yourself to only hearing a specific corner (and crowd i would imagine).

Holy shit thank you. I really hope this catches on.

i was gonna make a stupid mute comment too but now that i think of it. it would be pretty cool to have esp. in larger arenas ie the rogers centre.

Lol @ people saying mute. That was my initial thought................... then I read the post. :rolleyes:

I'm gonna bump this once. I apologize for being so obnoxious but holy shit this bothers me.
Here's my commentary trying to actually watch a fight with Rogan and Goldie in my ears via Turtle Beach headset.

BJ Penn Vs. Nick Diaz

"UUUHHHH HERE WE GO!:

Goldberg letting us know that they tie up early. Both men are apparently "good in the clinch"
Also I guess that one of the "strategies Diaz may try to utilize is to LEAN on BJ Penn, make him work hard, and test his cardio"

Rogan say's that he also "has a reach advantage that he can use."
Goldberg totes agrees. "6 inch reach advantage"
HOLY SHIT. THERE WAS A NICE RIGHT HAND BY DIAZ.
"Good connection."

;) fuck off now.

Rogan says "Good job so far by BJ."
Thanks, pal.

Goldberg in a moment of silence "BJ....and NICK." Ya know, just in case.

Amazing scramble by Penn and Diaz and Penn ends up taking Diazs back:
"Good position...for BJ Penn"
Rogan: He's got his back but he does not have two hooks in.
Goldie: He's just got the one hook in.
Rogan:He's punchin him.
Goldie:Nice shots.
Rogan:Good SHAWTS!

This is about 2 minutes in to the fight. I cant bear to transcribe this any further and it's one of the best fights you can watch.
It would be like watching Rocky 4 with someone that had to tell you, out loud, how bad ass Rocky was being, every time Rocky was being bad ass.
This commentary adds nothing. Shut the fuck up already.

If you're like me and live in.southern California you probably know some spanish. So listen to the spanish broadcasters. Lol I would if I didn't stream. Luckily I don't mind Rogan. Sometimes he's like a heel announcer from wwe. Like how Jessie the body Ventura was.

This thread is a perfect example of dummies with reading comprehension issues talking smack. It happens more often than it should.

I think people just read the title and jump to conclusions. If they actually read what TS wrote they would see he wants to hear the sounds of the fight and not have them drowned out by commentators talking. After watching the Fedor/Rogers clip I agree.

muting is not the same thing. you wanna watch the fight as it is and don't want it to be colored by commentating.

it wont happen though because a lot of the promotional stuff is thru the commentators.

You have that option. It's called mute.

Read the words on the page next time genius, the TS wants to heart he fight action.

As for muting the commentary, it could be done easily through the UFC's web streams but it would require two separate PPVs channels to do so through cable/satellite. I don't think its a bad idea but its unlikely to happen until television becomes more dynamic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back